Recommended DVD Burning Software?

Username: Nate_stephens

Post Number: 3
Hi,

I recently figured out how to transfer files from my Sony camcorder to my PC using Windows Movie Maker. However, when burning to a DVD, I've encountered countless problems -- from freezing to it not recognizing the blank DVD as an acceptable format. Does anyone know a good software that will take the Windows Media file I've created and burn it to a DVD for viewing on DVD players?

Thanks in advance.

Unregistered guest
I wouldn't use Movie Maker if I were you, I did a few weeks ago and when I burned it got serious compression artifacts. Since I've tried Nero and the picture quality is MUCH better. I've heard that even Nero causes more loss than necessary so I'm looking for something better. Next I'm trying Vegas to see if I can improve it more. BTW, using Firewire greatly improves quality over USB.

tom110201
Unregistered guest
Actually, I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for my situation as well (not to hijack your thread but they are very similar. I have Vegas for editing, with MainConcept to render, what would be a good program to author and burn? I do have NERO but as I said I've heard it compresess more than necessary, or wouldn't that happen if I just used it to author and burn and not edit? Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us