To go with DVD or tape?

Username: Dvdmac

Post Number: 1
I have just purchased a minDVD camcorder and am having second thoughts about it.

I have been reading a ton of reviews about the problems in downloading to the computer and editing the movies.

I definately want to edit in the future.

I have been thinking that going with a tape camcorder would be best...that way you can download the information from you Camcorder to your hard drive with Firewire or USB.

Does anyone out there recommend a good camcorder....I have been looking at the Panasonics

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4565
Forget all those formats. Check out a camcorder that can record on to a hard disk drive. Think about it, no more tapes to mess with, no dvd's no proprietary formats. You can use any format you want, even vhs.

http://www.jvc.com/presentations/everio_g/

Post Number: 2
I have read many reivews about these and all of them say the video quality is terrible, yet with the cutting edge technology of the hard disc.

I think this will have to wait a few years.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4569
I disagree with a lot of those reviews. The video quality is not as bad as they make it out to be, but hey, that's just me. i tend to judge it with my own eyes and real world applications. Give it a few more months, the way technology is advancing, it won't be too long.

Post Number: 3
So Berny, are you saying that you have one of the JVC's?

It is only $200 more for the Hard Disc version compared to the Sony that I Have bought and would love to go that route.

I think that I may just return the Sony and buy the JVC for the fourteen days to see how it is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4573
Yes the GZ-MG70.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us