Help I'm Buying a new camcorder

Username: Misnger

Ormond Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 1
Hi I need some advise. I am planning to buy a new camcorder, Can someone break down the facts? Which is better mini DV or DVD? VHS & Why? Also what does 3ccd mean? Why is this important? I do want to record & edit the info, for home walk thru for buyers & sellers (I'm in real estate) Is their a better brand than others? sony, panasonic etc. I can spend upto $1000.00 if I had to. Any idea or suggestions. Please email your response to
mmckown@coastalwatersrealty.net
Thank You in advance

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4439
Look at the JVC Everio line of new camcorders that come with hard disk drives. This means you don't have to worry about any tape or DVD format. The recording goes direct to a hard disk drive and from there you can download it direct to a PC or a DVD recorder or even a video tape recorder, VHS or even Beta(if they still exist). The point is that you choose the recording media you want. All the information is stored directly to a hard disk drive.

Mini DV, more convenient easy to record. Many people find it too hard to trasfer recordings to a PC. DVD too many quirks to list, but not very good in a camcorder. One being, you have to let it finalize before you can change out the DVD if you run out of recording space.

Any advantage over the other is purely on the consumer end's preferences. Depends really on what type of convenience or inconvenience, for that matter, the end user is willing to live with.

VHS...please! Do you even have to ask?

With a hard disk drive based camcorder the choice of media transfer is up to the end user. The PC will not have a hard time recognizing another hard disk drive, however, the PC seem to always have trouble with camera peripherals. With this in mind, transferring your movies and using them for web images has just become a lot easier.

Username: Misnger

Ormond Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 2
ok, I will check them out. Thank You for your feedback. One more questions what is the min. of hard disk drive to look for?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4443
They carry a 20 gigabyte hard drive and a 30. Get the maximum amount you can get.

http://www.jvc.com/presentations/everio_g/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us