Hi8 - using Fuji ME & Sony MP tape

Username: Big_al

Penicuik, Midlothian Scotland

Post Number: 7
I am wondering if anyone can help me out here, and/or indeed, have had the same problems.
I have a Sony Hi8 camcorder, and I use Fuji ME (metal evaporated) and Sony HMP (metal particle) tape. The Fuji ME is the better quality all round - sharpness, colour saturation and what not, but there is a problem I get with Fuji that I don't get with using the standard Sony HMP tape. When shooting on Fuji ME, I noticing that any bright areas of the picture or whites and such like, have little black spikes running off them. The rest of the picture is okay, so my Hi8 camcorder heads can't be dirty. Is this a defect, or is it because the Fuji ME is also supposed to be used with Digital 8, and that the Fuji tape is bringing out any inadequecies in my camcorder? What is strange is that when shooting on my Sony HMP tape, or indeed any other metal particle tape, I don't get this problem. Anyway, apart from the spikes (which, by the way, run horizontally) on Fuji ME tape, I am very happy with the quality it gives. Also, I use Pinnacle AV/DV video card and Studio 9.4 software. Can I try and filter these little 'spikes' out whilst editing?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us