Any feedback on the Canon GL2?

Username: Cydspal

Post Number: 1
I have just ordered the Canon GL2 (debated this choice over the Sony VX2100). Did I make a good choice? I will use it to shoot scenes in a restaurant setting, will it handle indoor lighting without any extra lighting equipment?

Drhiberd
Unregistered guest
I had a GL2 and was very happy with it. I sold it because it was too big and a heck of a lot more camera than I need for family vacation videos. The video (even indoors) is tremendous. I can't imagine anyone would be unhappy with this camera. I'm sure you will love. It produces broadcast quality video. Hope this helps

Unregistered guest
I have a GL2 and absolutely love the results--when it works. But right from the start, I had trouble with it. I really wanted to go to Canon (had always used their still cameras), and so left Sony for the GL2...but one problem after another means I always carry a second camera to switch to when this one goes on the blink. THAT is bad news for me, a photojournalist out in the jungles and chasing my subject...this camera gives great video and if it were only STURDIER, I'd stay with it. It is too delicate for constant use in less than a nice AC indoor calm situation! Not the camera for a serious photographer who can't leave her main equipment tied up in the repair shop much of the time! Canon parts people are great--ship me the parts needed immediately; very helpful. My experience with Sony was the opposite. But then, Sony almost never broke down (same shooting situations), and Canon so often does. Sad to say, I guess I go back to Sony....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us