What brand is the best Camcorder?

Username: Krestine

ParanaquePhilippines

Post Number: 1
What brand is the best Camcorder? SONY DCR-DVD803 or JVC EVERIO? im buying a camcorder this december and i dont know what to buy...help me please? what are the specs that I am supposed to look at?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4366
The term "best" is subjective so let us not get into that discussion! Baka maghalo ang balat sa tinalupan:-)

Anyway, I believe that one of the better things to come out of the camcorder business is the ability to record directly to hard disk drive. You wouldn't have to worry about proprietary formats. An example would be Sony's Hi8. If you have plenty of 8mm tapes from the past and your camcorder broke, you have to get a camcorder that can play those tapes, and your selection will be limited. Chances are you will probably end up with another Sony.

As for the hard disk drive solution, you are not stuck with a proprietary recording format. You just record on the hard drive and you can directly download your video on to the pc or a DVD recorder or a regular VCR tape. You can pick any medium you want and you are not stuck on one format alone.

I think you see where I am going with this, right?

Ingat ka lang riyan!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us