USB vs IEEE1394

Anonymous

I have SONY TRV260 camcorder & DELL Inspiron 5100 laptop. I had transferred video, recorded on camcorder to laptop using USB cable. But the quality of video is not satisfactory (when I am playing it full screen).

I have IEEE 1394 port available at both the device.

How good will be the quality of video if I use IEEE 1394 connector instead of USB?
Is there any other way I can improve the quality of video?
Can anybody suggest a store to buy IEEE 1394 4pin to 4pin connector?

Brucetrv260
Unregistered guest
Guess what dont waste your money I have a trv260 and the quality sucks no matter what you do. it only has 290 k pix rating and I messed up to
Bruce

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2637
1394 would be better.
Use a good video or DVD authoring program.
You can get those at any decent computer store or any store that sell Digital video cameras.

Username: Kick77ice

Tampa, Fl Usa

Post Number: 4
Firewire is the way to go! 1394. If you use the proper editing program, and render it correctly , the quailty will turn out great. I use Vegas video, and render the movie using .avi format. The key is rendering it correctly. Thats what makes the quality.

Username: Kick77ice

Tampa, Fl Usa

Post Number: 5
have you ever recorded from your VCR to the camcorder? If so could you please help me! I plug into the video out of the vcr using my a/v cable and it will not work, in the manual it sounds like this is possible...

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2639
You have to configure the camcorder to accept signals from the A/V input and not through the lens. Some camcorders are not equipped to switch automatically if there are signals being fed by a/v wire. The camcorder only "knows" to record everything that is coming through the lens, no other source.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us