Who makes the best Mini DV.

erfish007
Unregistered guest
Who makes the best overall mini DV?
Setting price aside and focusing completly on quality, reliability, user-friendlyness, and features.
I grew up using sony products and my views are somewhat impartial in their favor, but many users are avid sony haters. So help me see the light on which brand is truely the best.
I don't much care for samsung based on past experience, and panisonic is sonys arch enemy (i.e. DVD + or - R). Other brands, like canon or JVC, I don't know alot about.
Please Post any convicing arguments or suggestions that will help me upgrade to my first mini DV. Samsung or panisonic fans welcome.

drhiberd
Unregistered guest
It depends on the price range. I think the 2 best ones out there are the Canon GL2 and the Sony VX2100. They will both run you over $2000 though.
If you are looking for something in the $1000 price range, I would go with Sony. I just bought the TRV70 and it is great. It has beautiful video, even in subpar lighting, and I have yet to find anything I don't like. Canon has awesome video for outdoor video, but they usually don't do so well inside. I bought a Panasonic PV-GS200 and was very dissapointed with the inside quality and image stabilization. I have owned a JVC as well and was very dissapointed. If you don't want to spend over $2000, I would go with Sony. Hope this helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us