Please hellllllpppppp me with my panasonic nv-gs17

Username: Zerocool2acid

Post Number: 1
I need an answer! I hawe a panasonic nv-gs17 and i dont know how to transfer my video's on my PC.
Where can I take the driver for my cam?
PLS Help

10X

Unregistered guest
Hey! I have the same problem with my nvgs17, the software and cable where not included, please email me if you got any solutions on where to find the software/ legend_of_cavefish@hotmail

I ain't no geek
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem and cured it.
I can tell you what I did and hopefully it will help somebody else.I am no computer geek, I just don't know when to give up.This took me over an hour to work out. It worked for XP.
First you need directx 9b or higher installed on your computer, you also need a 1394 firewire card which is designed for windows xp.
Now we can begin----
Click Start
On the menu click control panel
Click performance and maintainance
Click administrative tools
Double click--Computer management
On the left you should see Device manager Click
Now on the right look for Network adapters mine has a green icon Double click
It should open and display something like 1394 net adapter Double click
You should now be at --
1394 Net Adapter Properties
General tab Should tell the maker of your card and if it is OCHI compliant
Click --Driver tab This gives details on your drivers
Click Update driver
You can click No not this time--Next
Click install software automatically--Next
A torch should search tour computer for the best driver for your firewire card and install it Finish
When you next connect your GS17 take a deep breath and hopefully like me you will now be able to operate the camera as you would like.You can use Windows Movie Maker or Nero. I personally use Nero.
OK thats it ,all I can say is I hope it works for some of you and Merry Christmas and a Happy RECORDING New Year to all.
P.S.
If your 1394 card is not designed for windows then on the update wizard click Yes this time only, your computer should search the web for a driver

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Brian

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us