WiFi Radio Waves Breaking Cameras?

Unregistered guest
This is going to sound weird so here goes.

I bought a Sony DCR-HC32 off a buddy. Shot some video with it. Worked fine. Transferred it to my notebook. Still fine. Leave camera setting on desk next to notebook and go to use it 2 days later and it's messed up. Send it back to Sony. They say the Iris is messed up - needs entire new lens assembly for $319. Screw that.

Bought a JVC DF-DF450U (really small miniDV cam). Bring it home from store today open box, turn on while sitting at desk with notebook and same problem as with the Sony happens. So I'm taking it back tomorrow.

So, I'm reading in the manual - "Do not use near magnetic fields". Is my built-in WiFi screwing up these cameras or did I just buy a lemon? Twice?

I have searched the internet and can't find anything about this.

Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4133
Answer this first, is Wi-Fi transmitting magnetic fields or radio waves?
How did you come to the conclusion that it is the Wi-Fi that is screwing up your camera?
And how did you come to the conclusion that the same problem happened to the JVC? Are you sure it is the iris that is messed up this time?

Just return the JVC and get a new one. See if it happens again. if it does, you may be on to something.

DentDynamics
Unregistered guest
I returned the JVC and got a new one this afternoon. Works fine. I hope it was just a fluke. Sony said it was the iris on that camera. Camera basically worked indoors but would not compensate for extra light when taken outside. Same problem happened with JVC.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us