OMG PLEASE HELP ME :-(

Username: Liquidrayne

Post Number: 1
I purchased a JVC D290U Mini DV and they said at the electronics store just plug in the USB to the computer and your video will be transferred to your computer. So low and behold I video tape go to my computer, plug in the usb and nothing happens, like NOTHING, tried that powerproducer that came with the JVC, tried moviemaker, NOTHING is working.. My computer is just not recognizing it at all....So i thought firewire, well I bought the one that says go from camcorder to PC, so happily I skip home with my new firewire, and well i plug it into the computer, then go to my camcorder, and what do you know? NO PORT for teh firewire on the camcorder, i got the IEEE1394 firewire cable. Then I see there is a DV cable option but i have no idea if my computer has the port for this... SIGH i'm really lost for words, help anyone????? I just bought a brand new computer too :-(

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4104
You need to get a DV to IEEE1394 cable. It is a cable specially adapted for your camcorder into the IEEE1394 (firewire) input of your PC.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us