Help needed to capture miniDV tape (Panasonic camcorder) to VCD or DVD using USB cable

Username: Yingtao

Brunei Darus...

Post Number: 1
Hi, i'm trying to copy movies from my panasonic minidv to my pc then burn to a video cd using a usb cable. but i just found out that for a 120 mins tape, it will use up about 20GB!! how can i reduce it to fit into my pc and also a 800mb cd??

glennagreave
Unregistered guest
my advice is copy direct to a dvd recorder and then finalise to play on dvd players, much less hassle.

AppleUser
Unregistered guest
use firewire and some approprial video editing software ad you can set the compression rate so that you could fit the 120 mins on the CD but you would lose some quality. It is do-able tho. If you have a mac then it already has the appropriate software on it i.e. iMovie HD

katelynn429
Unregistered guest
How do I get my video onto my PC? I have the software, like Movie Maker, but when I say capture nothing records. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4570
How are you connected to the PC? Do you have an owner's manual? What camera?

katelynn429
Unregistered guest
I have the Panasonic PV-GS31. I read the manual, it's useless. I've tried the video cables and the USB cable. I don't know what settings to put my camera on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us