Problems Running Ulead VideoStudio 8

Username: Josh777

Makati, Makati Philippines

Post Number: 1
Ei guys! Need your help on this. I'm having problem transfering vid from my Sony DCR-HC40 dv to my Toshiba Satellite laptop (Intel Celeron). I have a firewire card and working properly. I tried using Windows Movie Maker and it didn't work. Same as Pinnacle Studio 9. Now i'm having problem in running Videostudio 8. When I start the capturing process, after about 5 mins, it will just hang up. What must I do? Is there any software you can recommend? Thanks for your help in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 577
Josh,

Here is my list of debugs for frame dropping/freezing during capture. No. 4 is the top pick for you, maybe.

1) In Device Manager, click on "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" then click on the IDE channel where your HDD is located. Click the "Advanced" tab and make sure "DMA if available" is selected.

2) If your motherboard is supplied with a CD called "Chipset Utilities" or similar, run the programme. You may find massive improvements in real-time handling.

3) Use an OLD version of capture software that is less ambitious in what it is trying to do. For example, I can capture OK with Videowave III but not Ulead VideoStudio 6.

4) Disable the indexing service (the "findfast.exe" application). If that starts during capture, it will likely just completely jam.

5) Right click and close all apps in the System Tray. I even disable my firewall (Zone Alarm) AFTER disconnecting the computer from the internet

When you have done all this, run the system performance monitor during capture and check that your CPU utilisation is steady below 90%

Hope that helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us