Older Sony, How to Capture??

Kristy
Unregistered guest
Hi all, I have a Sony Handycam ccd-trv78e (Yea a bit old)
And I need to know how to capture to Adobe! My video card is the Geforce 6600GT. I really have no idea what I am doing, but so far I have connected an S-video cord from my Camera to my S-video adapter which goes into my video card.

I need to get it working for Uni! :-( Can someone help me!

The Sony Handycam ccd-trv78e is an Analog Camera with Hi8 tape.

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 544
Kristy,

This is maybe a dumb question, but are you sure that the S-video connector on your video card is IN and not OUT?

If it is an "IN" connection, you should be able to capture video with any standard video editing software, including the free Windows MoveMaker. If not, then as your camera only has analogue outputs, you will need to buy a video capture card for your PC, such as those made by Leadtek (www.leadtek.com). These cards have inputs for audio (left and right) and video. Normally, they are supplied with capture software so you can play back the material on the external source and capture it into an .avi file on your computer. The cards are quite easy to instal and operate. External boxes offering similar functionality and connection via USB are also available.

Especially for PCI cards, make sure your PC exceeds the minimum spec or you may lose information during capture. I would recommend at least 1GHz processor.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Kristy
Unregistered guest
Will I need to replace my current 6600GT or can I install it as a seperate part into the motherboard?

Silver Member

Post Number: 545
Kristy,

Video capture cards are entirely separate from video cards (that you connect your monitor to). The video capture card will fit into a PCI slot. So, certainly, both can exist at the same time.

For fitting a PCI card, you should seek advice or assistance from a friend if you are not familiar with the inside of your PC. I can also give you instructions if you require.

Cheers.

Kristy
Unregistered guest
Oh cool sounds easy. Well I know how to put in Video cards and ram. So if its the same as Video card I should be fine :D
Actually what capture card should I buy? Since my cam has s-video and an A/V Out hole thats like the size of headfone holes (maybe a tiny bit bigger).

Silver Member

Post Number: 547
Kristy,

Try this link; quite basic but should do the trick: http://www.leadtek.com/multimedia/winfast_vc100xp_1.html

By the way, I did say this is NOT the same as a video card, but in terms of complexity, it is probably the same or less.

Cheers.

Plebian
Unregistered guest
Thats bullshit Gromit!!
Have you never heard of VIVO???? F;kin dumbass..
that 6600GT only needs a breakout box and Kristy's sorted.
Just a case of getting the WDM drivers working.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us