Archive through January 02, 2005

Anonymous
Hello, I have a somewhat old JVC MiniDV camcorder and I've recorded several tapes which I would like to bring to my PC. The problem is that the camcorder came out before they started using all this Firewire and Removable Media type stuff, and the "PC Connection" that it has looks like a small hole you would hook a headphone into. There is another spot which I would think you would use to hook it to a PC but it looks like some weird jack, like the ones which are commonly used on the other side of a USB cord...kinda like a box with one side warped in. Sorry about my bad descriptions and all...The camcorder version escapes me and I don't have it with me at the time.

Anyhelp you can give from this bit of information would be nice, I'm trying to eventually get the film on the PC for some editting then burn to a DVD.

I'll try to post some more helpful information soon, Thanks.

Sathish Devaraj
You were ahead of the game in getting a miniDV camcorder you think so that you thought the needed connectivity weren't included in them? When MiniDV format camcorders were released in market they all had the computer connectivity and editing capabilities (with appropriate software ofcourse). As you don't seem to be familiar with any AV / Computer terminologies, here is some help. The hole you mentioned you would hook a headphone into - is the composite video jack - this is an analogue output and it allows you to hook you camcorder directly to a TV or through a VCR using a composite to RCA connector for viewing and recording purposes. Ensure your connected equipments are compatible (PAL/NTSC).

The warped small box like hole must be the Firewire connection (IEEE 1394)as you had not mentioned it also has a small projection in the middle of it to be the USB. You can get a firewire connector in any electronic /PC shops. You will need a firewire card on you computer to transfer the images from the camcorder to the comp. However take you camcorder to a shop and confirm what sort of digital output jack your camcorder has.

Hope I made worth while of my time replying to this.

hi I have a 8mm camera and want to connect it to my pc. It has 2 usb ports but I am not sure about firewire. Some one told me about a analogue to digital converter, i have adobe premire 6.5 so I want it to be compatible with that software any help is great.

Anonymous
Hello,
I have a sony DCR-PC120BT camcorder. I want to be able to transfer movies on my mini-dv tapes to my PC. What cable do I need? I wonder if its the sony D-Link?
Thanks

i am having jvc grsxm290as camera and want to connect to my pc - would u like to help me? is there any softwear if there how can load from the internet? waiting ur favourable reply.

thanks

Sathish Devaraj
This is in reply to "anonymous" who has a sony DCR-PC120BT camcorder. I sure sony's have an 'I-link" connectivity (also called as firewire port) or simply IEEE1394. If that is the case, first check if your PC/notebook has a firewire port. If you have one you are lucky, you saved $$. Otherwise you must install a firewire card (PCI for Desktop or Cardbus for notebook). SIIG is a good brand that comes with combo packs that have U'lead video software and firewire cable bundled. Should cost about $50. Once the card is installed (plug and play if you are using Win 2000 or higher) it is easy to transfer files from your miniDV. Just attach your camcorder and launch the software, it will automatically recognize your camcorder. Follow instructions to transfer.

hi. I have a Sony trv-215 and I want to hook it up to my computer. (I have already figured out how to hook it up to the vcr.) But this model does not have a USB port. I heard there was a cable I could use to hook it up, but I don't know what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous
I have a samsung vp-l700 Camcorder i need cable for copying down on to dvd on my pc, Anyone help cheers

I have a Samsung SCD 23 Mini DV camcorder with USB port in it. I have a Compaq Presario Laptop. How to transfer my recorded tapes to laptop?

I also have a Samsung SCD23 camcorder. With the USB port, you cannot transfer video to your laptop. You must use the IEEE1394 jack to connect it to another IEEE1394 port on a desktop (or a laptop if it has one)

Anonymous

I have a sony digital dcr-trv340 and it has a usb cord with it that hooks up to the camcorder and a DV in/out hookup, which i dont have a cable for. what do i need to do or buy for me to hook up my camcorder to the computer. i tried it with the usb cable with the camcorder being on vcr mode but that didnt work.

if you could help me i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

Meagan
Unregistered guest
Hi I have a JVC GR-AX880u with a compact vhs and i would like to know how to hook it to my computer so i can play the videos I made on their. My camcorder didnt come with any cables or anything except a battery charger thing.

Unregistered guest
Hi,

Can anyone tell us how to transfer video and audio data from Samsung VP-D21i Cam corder to PC through USB Port. We have physically connected USB Cable between camcorder and PC. After which we dont know how to proceed.

Pl. help

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 336
what is your operating system?

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony 8mm, I just purchased a new Dell that has a IEEE 1394 port. I would like to transfer my 8mm to DVD, but how do you hook up the Camcorder to the PC, all the Camcorder came with was RCA Cables Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 394
mswilse,
that is because your sony is an analog source. a 1394 is for digital data sources and only if your camera has a digital video out put. If you have rca cables, you will need a video capture card.

Unregistered guest
Can you attach an older vhs-c camcorder to a pc and get the pic on your pc? If so, what do you need? I am assuming you need a video card in your pc that gives you the red, white, and yellow jacks but once you have this, will it work?

Silver Member

Post Number: 399
it usually does

Unregistered guest
Umm....hello every one....im high school student and for a certain class me and my friends have to make a video...we are using a normal camcorder and now we want to transfer the video we made on to the computer so we could edit it..the problem is that we dont know how to hook the camcorder to the computer...so if anybody can help us please conntact me at simmie78@cs.com

Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic camcorder (PV-L859D) and it has a five hole pin to conect to PC. Please let me know what do I need connect my analog camcorder to PC. Do I need video capturing card and cable? Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 426
yes, you will need a video capture card

Username: Romfea

Post Number: 1
I NEED SOMEONE TO GIVE ME AN ANSWER PLEASE!

Do I need any special software to transfer my videos (Mini-DV from Canon MV 400) to my PC?

I have the cable(FireWire), I have the port (IEEE 1394) on my notebook but I DON'T HAVE the instructions! So, how can I transfer my videos and is there a way to choose formats(AVI,MPEG...)?

Is a special software needed?

Thanks even for reading!

PLease if you can e-mail me at:romfea@mail.gr

Anonymous

Need Help...

I have A camcorder. Have Scart And S-Video Sockets, but no firewire so on, How do I transfer files into my pc?? or cna somebody give me a link where theres a video card for my pc with a TV-Input?

Unregistered guest
I have old camera which does not have a usb port on it to connect it to the computer but it does have a av out port on the camera and i want to know how i would get it on to a computer from there?? and what i would need to do so??? please if any one can help e-mail me at Redrock2050@aol.com

Unregistered guest
I have a sony camcorder which i got for christmas and it never came with any leads to connect to my laptop and my laptop only has usb port and printer port etc so how could i connect my camera up to transfer my video and edit it. Its a newish one with flip screen so????? What cables do i need to get and what do i need?

Silver Member

Post Number: 457
Martin you need a video capture card.

Unregistered guest
hi i have a camcoder which i hooked up to my tv card i have connected the av out so that i can get picture but where do i plug the white jack to get sound to be captured to?

Anonymous

hello i have a samsung camcorder with an av port. i have an up to date computer with the movie making systems video card and so on. Can i connect my camcorder to the comp to edit my videos what CABLE do i need. please help thankyou

Anonymous

I have SONY TRV260 camcorder & DELL Inspiron 5100 laptop. I had transferred video, recorded on camcorder to laptop using USB cable. But the quality of video is not satisfactory (when I am playing it full screen).

I have IEEE 1394 port available at both the device.

How good will be the quality of video if I use IEEE 1394 connector instead of USB?
Is there any other way I can increase the quality of video?
Can anybody suggest a store to buy IEEE 1394 4pin to 4pin connector?

Kalpita
Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic NV-DS15 mini-DV digital camcorder and an Inspiron 8000 laptop. How do i transfer a movie on my mini-DV cassette to my laptop? What are the hardware and software requirements?

Unregistered guest
Ineed help with my Sony TRV80 camcorder..
I am using windows xp pro connected with a firewire to pc and have used both the software that comes with the camera,uleads software and windows movie maker and all of the video when played back looks pixelated.
If i play back direct to t.v. its picture perfect. If i use wndows movie maker and film straight from the camera to pc without using the tape again the picture on the pc is perfect. I always select the highest quailty in the software when recording to pc but still its pixelated. if i record it to disc using nero its pixelated on the t.v.
what am i doing wrong. i have 512 mb ram the graphics card is upto spec the proccessor is 800mhz (on the border) the same happens on a friends pc with better spec

Unregistered guest
hi i am new to this post here
i have bought a used national panasonic camcorder NV-VZ55EN they have given accessories wherein i can connect the cam to the p c and transfer the still images only. i want to transfer the video too. on my pc i have a creative media Ge force 2 graphics card and a mercury tv tuner card .
what do i do and how much would it cost me?? kindly mail me on drsanjaynayak83@hotmail.com

Anonymous

I have established a fireware connection from my camcorder to my PC. However with the capture software that came with my firewire card I have to create a hard drive file (lots of memory} or a CD disc. Is there any capture software out there that will let me preview it first ?

Username: Mozzer

hello.

I have a panasonic digital camcorder NVGS11 and would like to know how to transfer mini-DV video to my PC (Windows XP). All I've got at the moment is a USB cable and a software (DV studio 3) that came with the camcorder. With these two I can easily transfer still pictures to my pc, but not video. Is firewire a necessary requirement to transfer video ? Can USB do the same job or is it not adequate? Also, what kind of software would you recommend for transfering video to pc? Any help you could offer would be much appreciated. You may either reply to me in this message board or by sending an email to n_tsotros@yahoo.com. many thanks

Anonymous

New here. This is a probably simple/basic question, but I can't figure it out. How do you transfer sound and video to your computer from a digital camcorder via USB port? I have software that I am able to transfer the video footage to successfully, but haven't figured out how to get the audio on there as well

Username: Jackpam

I need help hooking up my camcorder to my PC? Also what equipment do I need to do this. I have the camcorder and the PC, what's next????

adma
Unregistered guest
i have a JVC camcorder an i have an S- Video connection how do I use that to send images to my PC

Username: Spgrewal

Hi there! funkyjat@inhell.com
Ok! Need help!
I have just recently bought Hitachi DZ-MV550A Camcoder. N I seriously need to know how can I burn Normal dvd's (usin my pc)from 8cm dvd-Ram or 8cm Dvd R?

Unregistered guest
hi i have a question I just bought a dell 8600 and it has a IEEE 1394 port. and s-video out. I want to transfer video from our jvc camcorder which is new from x-mas. on the camcorder it has rca out and a s-video out. what do i need to connect it to my laptop. Is there a cable that goes from s-video or rca to IEEE 1394 or is there something else that i need.

Anonymous

Hi I need help! I have a JVC Compact GR-FX14EK camcorder and I would like to edit and copy to DVD or CD. I have been told by pc world that I need a Dazzle kit DVC80 at £59.99 and currys that I need a dazzle kit at £40. Can anyone help, do these work as they don't seem to have been mentioned by anyone??????

Silver Member

Post Number: 589
Brannon
Does the JVC have a DV output? Is it a Digital Video camera? If it is, it usually has a DV output and you can use a DV to IEEE1394 cable and you can go from there.

Dawn Tinsley
Unregistered guest
Brannon
It is an analogue camera and only has a DV in and A and V connection so I can connect to the mains or tv. It is an old camera and uses tapes so I assume that no is the answer.

Unregistered guest
I have a samsung scd23 camcorder and I don't know how I can transfer my tape to my computer Is there a way to do this without the firewire port?

Anonymous

i have a jvc gr-dvl820 digital video camera and i have lost the software for it. can someone help me to find out where to get it?

Unregistered guest
I have a panasonic pv-gs9 camcorder and i cant transfer my information to my computer, i have my usb cable but i dont know if I need an special softwear? or what kind of softwear can help me to do that?

Unregistered guest
I have a Samsung VP-D21i digital camcorder and i want to get my pictures and videos onto the computer. I have connected the usb cable to the usb drive and turned the camera on, it started installing andthen told me that the camera didn't have a "Windows XP Digital logo" and that i should stop installing. However i decided on installing anyway it said installation complete buy i cant seem to get onto the camera.
I put the cd in that came with it, this did nothing.
Thanks, McAsh

Ana Lucia
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Sony DCR-pc110. I installed a firewire and the computer seems to be able to read it, the problem is that the transfer is not quite good, it goes fast-slow-fast-slow. What could it be?

Eric L
Unregistered guest
Hi, i have the cable connected into my camcorder and the computer but when i turn on my camcorder nothing happens on my computer??

Silver Member

Post Number: 650
okay...so what kind of cable???

Username: Spgrewal

Post Number: 2
Ok! Need help!
I have just recently bought Hitachi DZ-MV550A Camcoder. N I seriously need to know how can I burn Normal dvd's (usin my pc)from 8cm dvd-Ram or 8cm Dvd R?

Unregistered guest
I have connected the camcorder(its a Canon) to my comp and when i turn on the computer, it doesn't do anything so i need to know how to put the vid files on my comp. SOMEONE PLEEEZZZ help!!!!!

Unregistered guest
sorry i didn't make it clear but i used an
s-cable HELP ME!

tahir
Unregistered guest
hi
i have panasonic mini dv camcodar that includes a software mpeg4 movie messenger. by this software i can copy 30 second clip from my camcodar to pc. basically i wana transfer (copy) the whole tape from camcodar to PC. i couldt find any software that help me to do so. so please help me in this regard.

Unregistered guest
I have a Samsung VP-D21i digital camcorder and i want to get my pictures and videos onto the computer. I have connected the usb cable to the usb drive and turned the camera on, it started installing andthen told me that the camera didn't have a "Windows XP Digital logo" and that i should stop installing. However i decided on installing anyway it said installation complete but i cant seem to get onto the camera.
I put the cd in that came with it, this did nothing.
Thanks, McAsh

Silver Member

Post Number: 787
did you re-start?

Unregistered guest
hi, i have a sony dcr trv 33 camcoder, i want to transfer video footage from camcoder to my pc hard drive and than to dvd, please send me the detailed procedure of the same.

Unregistered guest
Hi I have a sharp vl-Z1H camcorder when I connect
it to my pc with the firewire it just freezes and nothing works I am runing 2000 pro and pinnacle
can anyone please help
All the best
Jim Colville

Silver Member

Post Number: 811
remove any other prgrams that deal with video processing like arcsoft or roxio, etc. Seems like you are having conflicts.

Anonymous

can one cannect a dv camcorder to a pc via a
dvi-i port to record dierctly to cd/dvd?
would it be better if the dvi-i port was on the monitor or the pc?

Unregistered guest
i have a samsung minidv scd103 can someone please tell me how to transfer my still pictures off the memeory stick to my pc via usb port thanks much

Silver Member

Post Number: 848
get a memory card reader

Unregistered guest
Ive got a Canon Mv700i and wandered what sort of lead to get to put the tapes on the pc and what sort of Software Should I get For a Mini Dv, do all sofware work for them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 856
check the manual on your Canon and it should tell you.

Anonymous

Hello!
I have a Samsung scd23, and cant seem to transfer my movies from my recorder (the ones on the little tapes) to my computer. My computer has a IEEE 1394 bus controlloer (whatever that is) but I dont know what I need to do from here. Please someone help! Fmamaward@comcast.net

new user
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have a Toshiba portege laptop. How do I find out if it has the IEEE 1394 bus or not? I have a firewire cable and need to transfer video from my panasonic pvgs14.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1045
new user,
You can check physically at your laptop, there is an output on the side or the back and it looks like a weird rectangular port with the corners cut off, there should be a description like Firewire or IEEE1394 written.

Or you can go to Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Information/Components

from there you should see IEEE1394

or you can go to Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager

from there you can look and see if you have IEEE1394 controllers. Make sure you enable it if you have one.

Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic PV-L859D combination VHS video and digital still camera. I have upgraded computers since I acquired this camera about 6 or 7 years ago, and now cannot find the PC client software used to upload the digital images from the camera to the PC.

Does anyone know a source from which to acquire the software? Panasonic's support site does not even recognize the model number, so it would appear that using product "ahead of its time" just means faster obsolescence.

Unregistered guest
hi i bought a easy pro cam model number H098064 and lost the cd can i get a free download anywhere? Its made by GE. Please email me....Thanks Kristy

Username: Sake

Hi,

I have a JVC DVL 820. I also have a Dell Inspirio 8600 laptop. I have managed to get the images off the camcorder via USB connection. But am lost when it comes to getting the video of the camera. There is a DV port on the camera but i dont have a DV cable? Does this plug into the USB port on my laptop?

I bought the Dell becuase i was told it could edit video. The laptop does come with some editing software, but i cant seem to get it to find the camera.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1080
Cameron,
You will need a DV cable with IEEE1394 on one end to connect to the firewire port of your laptop, if you have any. The USB won't work.

Username: R_sri

hi,i have a panasonic camcoder model no is (PV-L859D)I have home videos which i want to burn them on cd .how can i do that.if any one could please help me to figure out this?
thanks in advance.

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a Panasonic DV DS 15 and would like to download my home movies to my PC. Can anybody give me advice on what I will need?

Regards

Tenaia

Gold Member

Post Number: 1083
Check out the whole thread related to this and you will eventually find your answer. If you have DV camcorder, your manual should have instructions, read them!

Unregistered guest
this is redundant i'm sure, apologies. my boss plopped his camera in my lap and asked me to get some video off of the Hi8 tapes he has so we can present them in a mediation process. it's a sony digital handycam with usb streaming. it comes with the usb cord and no manual of course (he lost it). i understand i may need the drivers and software to capture to my PC at work that only has usb ports. first is this correct, and second would it be easier to just buy a firewire cord (i think the camera has a four pin port for that) and connect it to my mac at home that has a 6 pin firewire port and software already available?

Unregistered guest
my cam corder is extremely old, probably bought in 1992, as that is the earliest recording i have on tape, would i be a be able to connect this to a computer and upload all the video to it?
it has an analogue output, and an av and an audio socket(white and yellow.)

Unregistered guest
I have a sony camcorder (model CCDTRV16E) and would like to connect it to my computer. Could you please tell me how do i do this and do i need any special software. Any help would be much appreciated.

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have recently purchased a Samsung VP-L900 8mm/Hi8 Camcorder.

I have also purchased a decoder card to let me put the film on the PC.

I have had no probs getting the video to my PC but i cant seem to be able to get the sound to it as well.

Please can someone help as this is starting to do my head in.

Kind Regards.

Unregistered guest
i have a panasonic cam corder, model nv-g2a, 13yrs old, which i would like to use as a web cam on my computer. i've been told this can be done. could you tell me what i would need to buy, or do, to enable this. the camera has a/v output sockets and i use an r.f.converter to play tapes through the t.v.[old t.v.!]

Unregistered guest
I have a samsung vp-L600 can anyone tell me how to transfer to my pc, thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1352
coffee,
you may have captured the video, but you forgot to hook up the audio. Audio and Video signals don't go in the same conduit.

Karthik
Unregistered guest
I have a Dell Dimension 2400. I have 2 USB Ports. I do not think that I have firewire Jack. I have a CD RW drive.

I have a 2 part question.

a)I would like to burn DVD's. Is a Mini DV Camcorder with IEEE 1394 interface or DVD camcorder with USB interface better???

b) If Mini DV with IEEE 1394, Should I get a firewire card and what type???

variety2
Unregistered guest
Help please! Can you transfer video from Sanyo VM-EX25P cam corder onto pc? What cables and software do I need if it is possible?

Anonymous

Ok i have a Panasonic PV-L850D and i bought the Connection cable that goes from my camcorder to my PC and its not a firewire it plugs in to the serial ports in the back of my computer. the store i bought it from said it was plug n play but i plug it it and nothing happens, do i need software? or maybe do i have to press something on my camcoder to do it. please help me.

Unregistered guest
Hi,I am having Sony DVR HC40e miniDV handycam. I also have Pinnacle PCTV Stereo Tuner card installed in my Intel Pentium 4, 1.4 GHz computer. When I capture video from the handycam to the computer using the PCTV tunercard and the S-Video cable that came along with the camcorder at 3 Mbits/sec rate, I get good quality photo on my pc. A video recording of 26 minutes on the minDV tape is occupying 902 MB space in my computer. But when I am burning this through Nero software on my CD, it is occupying only 283MB of space and the picture quality is very bad. Please help me in this regard as to what could have gone wrong. Do I need to capture through a firewire card to my pc inorder to get good quality CD video? Please Help.

Help an Amateur in Cold Storage
Unregistered guest
I have a somewhat unique issue. For a certain DVD I have to produce for a class I need footage of a computer game. Therefore I need a way to connect my mini-DV camera to my comp so that it will record what is happening on my pc monitor. I know it's possible but I don't know how. Ideas anyone?

Unregistered guest
hi...
i have got Sony DCR-TRV460E PAl camera
i have got the USB connector ... but i have not got any CD with the camera or any other utils .. i dont know if i could use the camera to directly get the home Videos on my PC through USB .... as i am not aware of it... i know USB n Firewire are 2 different things but my cam gave me USB wire so i am a little confused ... i am using XP .... is there any way i can get the video on pc ???? i have a pinnacle pctv card but i dont know of the quality through it n i will have to go for a s video cable .. so i was thinking that i would first ask before buying it ...... its kindda expensive in here ... India ...... so please let me know .. i would be waiting for your reply .. n if possible mail me
ashu_09@hotmail.com

please it is a little usrgent .. i have to send these stuff to my bro as soon .... please
thank you
Ashu

Gold Member

Post Number: 1586
Ashu,
Use firewire.

Cold Storage,
Check if your video output card can send signals to a regular tv. If it can, you can record the game footage using the video input of your camcorder.

NICK32
Unregistered guest
i HAVE A PANASONIC CAMCORDER AND IT HAS AN AV/OUT SLOT AND A "TO PC" SLOT THAT LOOKS LIKE YOU WOULD OUT AN HEADPHONE IN. I HAVE A CABLE THAT CAME WITH THE CAMERA TO CONNECT THE CAMERA TO THE PC AND EVERYTHING CONNECTS PROPERLY, BUT, THE COMPUTER ISNT PICKING ANYTHING UP, LIKE, IT DOESNT SAY "FOUND NEW HARDWARE" OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO PUT MY VIDEO FROM MY CAMCORDER TO MY COMPUTER. WHERE SHOULD I GO?

Unregistered guest
Hello-
Please help. I am interested in viewing real time images from a CCD camera to my laptop. I have tried Dazzle 120 software, but there is a five second lag time and the image size is limited to a 2" x 2" area. I need to view the image full screen. The camera works like a camcorder that uses an RCA (composite) connector...it works fine when I connect the CCD camera to a TV or VCR. My interest is to use my camera like a web cam.

Please, what software will allow me to view the camera feed directly to my laptop screen.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
Hi People,
Can anyone help, please?
I have a JVC GR-FXM40EK camcorder which I am trying to capture video from, onto my P.C.
I have also bought the Dazzle DVC80 unit which is connected to my P.C. using a USB cable.
My P.C. is detecting the USB attachment, but I am still not able to make it recognise the camera - which is attached to the dazzle unit with normal A/V leads.
Am I being really stupid and missing something, or do I need to get a firewire - if so, why do they sell Dazzle with USB instead?
I don't know anything about computers really, but want to get the most out of it.
Big thanks for any help,
Cheers,
Stewart

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a Sharp VL-SD20U MiniDV digital camcorder
(the model is about 3-4 years old) that I would like to use as a webcam on my computer. The camcorder has both a firewire (IEEE-1394) and an S-video connector. I read somewhere that using the S-video connection should work, but it seems that I would first need to install the camcorder on the PC. The problem is that the video (editing) software that came with the camcorder is for Windows 98, and my OS is Windows XP Pro. Sharp's website is no help in getting a driver that will work with Windows XP. And I haven't been able to find a driver anywhere else either.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get this camcorder to work as a webcam in Windows XP?

Thanks

Anonymous

hi i have a a sony camcoder, i'm not sure which version it is but it must be trv16, i want to try and connect it to my pc. it dosent have a usb cable or connection, it has an AV cable port only, and i would like to edit my home made videos on my computer. pliz help me

Decco
Unregistered guest
How do i know if my pc has a firewire port and interface...it's only about 1 year old ..... Probably a stupid question... HELP

Username: Scalbrat

I have a JVC GR-SXM750U Compact VHS Camcorder and would like to be able to move the things I've taped to my Dell Dimension 4700 with XP operating system, so I can burn the contents of the tapes to DVD. The Camcorder has a S-Video slot, but my computer doesn't. What all do I need to be able to do this?

MarioMCH
Unregistered guest
Hello I have a Canon analog camcorder (ES-8400V) and would like to download the recordings to my desktop Dell Dimesion 4600. Do I need a video capture card and if so what trademark ? Is there any extra software required ? I appreciate your advise.

Post Number: 2
What you need in order to download your analog camcorder is Pinnacle Studio AV/DV Version 9. From that you can burn the recordings to DVD if you wish. You could also watch them on your computer.

Unregistered guest
Dear Dee
I appreciate your sound advise. I have reviewed their complete website and have several questions:

1. Is a PCI capture board dificult to install ? If not, what would be the benefit of the AV/DV version over the USB version. Does a PCI capture board require opening the PC ? Might this be a risk for someone who is not a computer technician ?

2. Are the Deluxe versions (either Studio AV/DV version 9.0 or Moviebox Deluxe verion 9.0) worth investing in ?

3. Does DV and AV mean digital video and analog video respectively ?

Thanks again for you valuable input.

Unregistered guest
I appreciate your sound advise. I have reviewed their complete website and have several questions:

1. Is a PCI capture board dificult to install ? If not, what would be the benefit of the AV/DV version over the USB version? Does a PCI capture board require opening the PC ? Might this be a risk for someone who is not a computer technician ?

2. Are the Deluxe versions (either Studio AV/DV version 9.0 or Moviebox Deluxe verion 9.0) worth investing in ?

3. Does DV and AV mean digital video and analog video respectively ?

Thanks again for you valuable input.

Post Number: 3
Not difficult to install, as long as you aren't afraid to open your computer to put the card in a PCI slot. Once you do that, your home free.
AV/DV is important if your camcorder has an s-video output, like mine does. USB does me absolutely no good.
It is one of the better Video programs out there. I would start out with Pinnacle Systems Studio AV/DV 9 and upgrade later. Best to get comfortable using Pinacle before investing more money. You will be amazed what you can do with this.
Yes. DV= Digital Video
AV= Analog Video

Post Number: 4
Its not hard to open up your computer. Just make sure all wires are disengaged from your computer after you shut it down. Open it up, unscrew 1 or 2 screws, slip the board in, put screw(s) back in and tighten. Close up computer and reattach all wired and cables. Reboot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us