Help me someone !!

Username: Lalabinks

Post Number: 1
ok i have just recently bought a Panasonic NVGS75 camcorder ... when i connect the usb 2.0 the PC picks up the camera but when I run MotionDV STUDIO 5.3E LE the software doesnt pick it up I then tried Ulead and movie maker but still fail ... I have uninstalled the drivers and installed .. I have read the instrutions, checked all the requirements and still fail ... as i said i have only recently bought this camera and im not too knowledgable so hope someone can tell me what the hells wrong !!PLEASE

Thanks
Lauran

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 387
Lauran,

Is your capture package perhaps looking for a firewire connection? Firewire is the normal way to transfer video from a camcorder to a PC. Maybe your USB connection is just for stills....

Cheers.

Post Number: 2
well i thought that but in the manual it says DV cable optional ???
anyways it think it might be the problem so ill buy one and try it and if it fails ill be back on here
Thanks

Unregistered guest
Lauran, I have exactly the same problem with the same camera and software. The USB connection is supported according to the manuals. I've also checked everything, and found no errors. On the Panasonic site I read that if you do anything directly on the camera, the DV studio software may loose the connection? Anyway, did you make any progress in the meantime?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3397
You still need firewire or the DV cable to transfer the movie files. USB is for stills only.

Post Number: 3
yeah bought a firewire cable and it works
geez could have saved me all the trouble if they said it in the manual in the first place!!

Anonymous

I have also bought the NVGS75, and had the same problem. I found out that the jog used to determine the camera's "mode" should be set to play the recorded film and NOT to PC. When this is done video CAN be captured using USB and motionDV studio!!!
Send me an email if you are still having problems using the USB connection .. (mnje03@control.aau.dk)

Unregistered guest
I have the camera on windows 2000 with a pentium 3 1 ghz but it cant find the driver any ideas ?

Anonymous

I have a GS25 and have been facing the same problem. I tried moving the pointer to Play but it says "Disconnect Computer". Should I first set to Play and then connect the USB?

Anonymous

Yes, first set to play and then connect to PC and it will work fine. Unfortunately the capture only works with MotionDV software, you still need a firewire cable to use Premiere or one of those fancy capture/ edit utilities.

Anonymous

i've just bought the gs25 and i cant import video either with usb 2.0. ill get a firewire cable and see how i go. I knew i shouldn't have gone panasonic, i've always bought canon and have always been impressed. oh well u learn i guess

Anonymous

Thnx, Anonymous. I tried, first play and then the connection USB. It works with MotionDV STUDIO LE from Panasonic, but do you have experience with Pinnacle Studio 9. It doesn't work at all.

Unregistered guest
Hello how can I obtainMotionDv Studio I have an NVGS 17

why
Unregistered guest
I cannot get MotionDV Studio to stay on i always get the error message "HSMain.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" whenever i click on a tab

any one else having this problem or found a solution to solve it ?

mattyf
Unregistered guest
i've got the nvgs75 but pc is not usb2.0 so MotionDV wont even run!! no firewire either. any suggestions other than a new mobo!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4508
YOu can try getting a video capture card. Other than that, you are pretty much at the mercy of your equipment.

Username: Kingkong2005

Post Number: 3
I have a JVC GR-D22u that has just begun to show vertical lines of varying colors instead of the image. Playback of previous tapes unaffected. Any type of reset button or is this thing fried?

Unregistered guest
we're having a lot of trouble with downloading what we recorded from the Panasonic NV-GS35
we are using the motionDV studio LE using a USB cable. Is there anyother way to do it? What is a firewire?

Prophet
Unregistered guest
Ok just got a GS25, i managed to get it detecting the camera but when i go to motionDV studio LE i make it to the last step using edit assistant but it fails to find the video on the tape. It says its looking for a time stamp then and error message comes up say no information was found and that i should either place a tape in the camera (there is one) or place the tape at the start of the import.

Anonymous

I bought a Panasonic NV-GS75 camera and I can't get my PC to recognise it. I've upgraded my PC with a 3-port USB2 connection then installed the MotionDV software and the video stream driver and everything goes fine. I've followed all the other instructions then plug in the camera and it comes up as a USB Composite device and then I get an error message "The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device".
Has anyone any tips?

mister pcdoctor
Unregistered guest
Hi - got a solution -

>> I cannot get MotionDV Studio to stay on i always get the error message "HSMain.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" whenever i click on a tab

any one else having this problem or found a solution to solve it ?

>>>>>>>>>- this is how I solved it: the audio settings were screwed- audio out was set to my total recorder, which was not my main sound card.

So in here:
>>control panel > sounds and audio devices > audio tap

I switched this back to my main audio device/sound card (took away my virtual sound device)

Username: Jeromekempkens

Now i have the same problem. the video transfer between Panasonic NV-GS75 camera and pc via USB2.0 works fine, for three month. since yesterday the "HSMain.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" message appears. I have no idee, what happens. No SW- or Hardware are changed. Any tips?

Username: Juntaro

I have a NV-GS75, too, but I cant get my computer to recognise it in the tape recording mode (so I can use it as a webcam).. In the PC mode it recognised it as a mass storage device, but I get nothing when in the webcam mode. I've installed the video streaming driver.. but nothing happens. I'm on Windows XP SP1, if that makes any difference. Please, any help?

Username: Jeromekempkens

I resolved the my problem, by reinstalling the streaming drivers and the motionDV-SW. Now it's working, but i don't why. My System is runing on Xp Pro. incl. SP2 and all funny hot fixes.

Username: Bowbum

Can an existing saved video be transferred to Motiondv Studio from a folder? (no DV device connected)
I use MS Movie Maker to download the video to a folder but have found no way to then move that video to Motion DV Studio for editing.
I also use MS MM to do editing, but was curious how the Panasonic editor compares.

Username: Bowbum

Oops! I meant to say "I use Windows Movie Maker" --- not MS Movie Maker.

Username: Sajikdr

I have Panasonic NV-GS75 Cam and connected to my compuetr and its working fine, I want this cam as my webcam for chatting through chatting, but its not working, When i using it i get a blank sceen, pls help me

Username: Sajikdr

I have Panasonic NV-GS75 Cam and connected to my compuetr and its working fine, I want this cam as my webcam for chatting through Yahoo, but its not working, When i using it i get a blank sceen. and all other things are going fine. I can see my cam in my computer but not in Yahoo, pls help me

Username: Millecon

Pretoria, Gauteng South Africa

I have lost my driver for the panasonic NVGS35, please can someone help me with it. i am also battling to download my videos to my pc. is there anyway i can do it without using a firewire?

Username: Andrei

I am trying to get a download of pixela ImageMixer ver. 1.0 for sony.This will let me view video images on my PC. The downloads on the Imagemixer website only gave me the manual!
It would be much appreciated if someone could help me out.Thankyou.

Username: Boydyboyd

Saji C.S, you must have the camera set to record mode before you can use it as a webcam

Can anyone help me?i have a panasonic NV-GS27 and i cannot transfer videos from the tapes to my pc. Is it compulsary to use the software?

it works fine as a webcam though

Username: Boydyboyd

Saji C.S, you must have the camera set to record mode before you can use it as a webcam, i had the same problem.

Can anyone help me?i have a panasonic NV-GS27 and i cannot transfer videos from the tapes to my pc. Is it compulsary to use the software?

it works fine as a webcam though

Username: Ta_kosice

1. Has anyone tried to connect NVGS75 to USB 1.1?
2. Has anyone tried to connect NVGS75 by FireWire and copy photos from memory card to PC?

Username: 126andy

Calverton, New York Usa

I am new to video I have a PANASONIC PV-GS36 but it didn't come with software does anyone know where I can get a copy of Motion DV Studio Editing Software because I'm told that I will need it with the camera. I tried a search and all I could find was an update for the software. Any help would be appreciated. In case I can't get back here for some reason here's my email addy
Thanks in advance for any help for a new user.

Username: Yoick

hey all,

i have a panasonic nv gs75, and my cd got damaged so i can't reinstall the usb streaming driver.

the australian support is less than helpful and wants me to buy a new cd for $66 (which i thought was rather high since other manufacturers release their drivers for free-the reasoning of the tech support was they had to prevent piracy but come on- how do you pirate a physical video camera?)... i was able to find a UK download site, but the file on it : USB_Stream_Driver_GS21-35-75-150-250.zip, is missing the bda.cab (not sure where to put it even when i download it by itself) so the installation fails.

Could anyone send me or show me where to get a usb streaming driver for my camera? NV GS75- but the driver would appear to be the same for the NV GS21,35,75, 150, and 250.

I would be most grateful for any assistence!!!

my email address is yoick0@yahoo.com.au

Thanks...

Username: Kiran_633

Please help me how to Transfer Video from Panasonic NV-GS27 to PC I havn't got any software CD and with that when i connect the camera with PC it shows as web cam. please reply with the good solution so i can do the same

Username: Wasp60

Lahore, Punjab Pakistan

I too need help with my NV GS25.I cannot transfer video to pc and i do not have the motion dv,which i am trying to download from the net.If u need it just type MOTION DV 5.3 LE.The usb is good for stills.Kiranpal ji, you try this and maybe u r successful.

Username: Wasp60

Lahore, Punjab Pakistan

T.A ,i suppose u must have found out an answer to your question posted in Feb 07,but let me tell u my experience with my NV GS25.Stills from the memory card can be easily copied to the pc using usb.I dont suppose u need the firewire for it.

Username: Ta_kosice

I have resolved my problem already. :-) Photos can be copied to PC by any cable.

Username: Dje3383

I want to use my NV-GS75 to stream a wedding to a bed-bound father using Skype. I can plug unto the USB on my PC and it is instantly recognised. When trying the same connection with my lap-top the camcorder is ignored. I would appreciate some help - do I look to Windows (XP Professional) or should there be a Panasonic driver or some other solution?

Username: Dje3383

I did just this last week with complete success - but I used a simple Microsoft mini webcam which is marked HD plugged into a USB socket. The Panasonic camcorder can be set to operate as a webcam but it cannot be used at the same time to record. I set my camcorder on a tripod in a fixed position and clipped the webcam to the opened monitor screen. The camcorder produced a good recording which needed hardly any editing to yield a DVD of the events seen on the Skype receiving laptop connected to a large digitalTV set on full screen

The sound came via the laptop and the report on reception was that the picture was crisp and crystal clear and the sound was very good.

Good luck

Username: Terrguin

EDMONTON, ALBERTA Canada

Hay all well i am faced with a big prob I have a sharp vl-nz50 digital viewcam and it says eject tape its all ready rewind and fully charged when i open to eject hear little clicks and nothing just won't pop tape out like its not releaseing it for some reason what can i do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us