DVD to DV

Unregistered guest
Here is the situation: I am starting anew in the digital world as a small time short film director. I shot my entire short film "Helmet" onto DV tape because it was reliable and convenient to edit without being too pricey. Now it is on DVD, and I have lost the hard copy of the film. I require the completely editted version of my film as well as a hard copy on... last Tuesday. The problem is that I can no longer edit with my current software unless I have the DV tape back. (Can't afford any new software.)

My question is this then, is there some way to record directly from my DVD player (very cheap unit) to my Sony DCR TRV22?

Over deadline,
David

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 365
David,

Your camcorder provides the analogue to digital conversion facility so that is one option. (DVD player to camcorder via analogue, to PC via firewire.)

Another option might be to download an evaluation copy of Ulead Moviefactory and use that to grab the MPEG off your existing DVD. The use some other utility programme to convert MPEG to .avi and then output to the DV port (assuming it is bidirectional) of your camcorder using an evaluation copy of Ulead VideoStudio.

Of course, neither way will you ever recreate the original quality.

Cheers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us