Adobe with sony handycam

Username: Simonxazza

Post Number: 1
Hey, i have built up some footage on my Sony HC20 which i purchased in the states. Im using firewire with adobe premier but seeing as the cam is ntsc does that mean i have to create the video on my computer in Ntsc? When i playback the video in adobe it looks fine but in both the ntsc or pal version of video created they show odd lines in media player or winamp. I have tried my camera stright into the tv and there are no lines so its not the camera. Would appreciate any help if anyone knows why? Ive added a screenshot of the lines too, cheers simonUpload

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 357
Simon,

You need to take a look at this website:

http://www.avdeals.ca/classroom/Proscanexplained.htm

I managed to reduce interleaving distortion on playback on my computer by running the chipset utility CD ROM which includes a graphics accelerator. But I believe it is impossible to remove it completely as you will appreciate from the above link....

By the way, you might want to experiment with CODECs designed for computer playback as they may be progressive scan by definition. But if DVDs are your end objective, that would mean two versions of every clip.

Cheers.

Post Number: 2
hmmm, so this interleaving distortion would be present if i was to burn all the avi clips from my computer to a dvd? and would you recomend pal or ntsc recording to the computer? cheers again

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 358
Simon,

You don't mention which country you reside in but I am guessing it is Europe, probably UK, which is PAL standard. Generally speaking, you are better off following the video standard of your country of residence for all kinds of reasons - sharing videos with friends and family not the least important.

If you use a DVD authoring programme to turn those clips into DVDs that can be played on a set-top box, the "combing" effect will disappear when you play back the DVD on your TV. The .avis will always have combing when played back on your computer. If you play back a "video" DVD on your computer, the playback software may take give you effective progressive scan to eliminate combing but I am not much of an expert on that as I never watch DVDs on my PC.

Hope that helps. I am going off-air for now as it is very late here in Sydney.

Cheers.

Post Number: 3
Ah rite great, thanks alot of the help
simon
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us