DV quality to PC problem

Username: Matthewuk12000

Post Number: 1
im in quite abit of bother here, last summer i went to cananda recorded many DV tapes with my camcorder, i came home to process them and i did, but before i had chance to edit/burn, i got a virus had to wipe my pc clean, its now almost a year later i am trying once again to make this DVD for my friends, the problem appaers to be this, i play back the video on the camcorder and it is Perfect, its just how i recorded it, i plug the camcorder into my pc using firewire, my camcroder is (panasonic NV-GS40) and i use windows movie maker, however it doesnt pick up all the frames, infact i play back the video i just recorded, (say 30 seconds on my camcorder) but it is all compressed with lots of big colour blocks jumping all over the screen, it plays back in about 5 seconds, its not recording as it is appearing on my camcroder screen. why could this be? i thought maybe its not working with WMM so i downloaded DIVO which picks up the frames as it see's it. once again i get the same problem. ive tried many things, forwarding my tape to the end and then rewinding it back, makes no difference, i have enough memory (512mb) plenty of hard drive space, i have a decent PC . does anyone know of a solution to this or have they heard of this problem before?

if there is a post already on this site about this problem can u direct me there please.

i hope someone can help soon

matt!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us