Mini DV to Digital video on my PC using Ulead 5.0

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony TRV 22E. I have recorded video in long play mode.

How do I convert video in Long Play mode from a mini DV to Digital video on my PC using Ulead 5.0.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 350
nothing much to do, but let the program do its work. If you have a DVI output on your camera and a 1394 input on your PC, it would be a lot easier.

Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic NV-GS200 recorder how do I download minidv to PC? Do I need any hardware on my PC?

Unregistered guest
I have a JVC GR-D33 and I am trying to download from the Minidv tape to the pc. The software I have will take control of the camera (will stop, start, play, etc) but will not get a picture when in the record or play mode. The screen goes from blue to black when trying to transfer. I do have a 4-6pin Ilink cable going between the two. What could the problem possibly be?????

Unregistered guest
I have a JVC GR-D33 and I am trying to download from the Minidv tape to the pc. The software I have will take control of the camera (will stop, start, play, etc) but will not get a picture when in the record or play mode. The screen goes from blue to black when trying to transfer. I do have a 4-6pin Ilink cable going between the two. What could the problem possibly be?????

Silver Member

Post Number: 888
what software are you using and what format is the video?

Enrico
Unregistered guest
hi i have a panosonic mini dv palmcorder. i know i should pobably use firewire but i do not have a firewire card..i do have a USB 2.0 but i have problems with it..the camera did come with a software and it captures the video but it strobes..i need help....n e one who has n e suggestions plz tell me or e-mail me at Juventus_25@hotmail.com

Username: Jompogs

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,
I bought a JVC GRD33u together with a firewire and image maker software 1.7 the question is, is there any other software i could use to download video from mini dv to my pc and my pc is duron 850mhz windows 2000 software. i can transfer video in my mini dv into my pc using image maker but i really want another software that has more features than image maker.

kindly e-mail at jommel@guardall.com.ph

thanks guys.

joms,

Gold Member

Post Number: 2089
what particular features are you looking for? honestly, with a computer like that, you don't want anything more complicated than what you already have. Video editing takes up a lot of memory and your pc will not be up to the task. What is wrong with your current video download program that makes you want to change it? If it transfers video, don't mess with it, but if you want a good video workflow editing program, try Adobe premiere. However, I can almost guarantee that you will use up all the memory in your computer and it will be painfully slow.

Username: Jompogs

Post Number: 2
thanks for the reply berny. do you know where i can download free hollywood effects for video editing cause im using pinnacle studio 9 and it has some effects but i cant find good effects that would fit to my project.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2100
You can go to Pinnacle's website and they should have some free downloadable effects and some that you have to pay for.
At most you can get free sample effects from other companies, but I stay away from those because they are usually proprietary.

Try these
http://www.wondertouch.com/default.asp
http://www.handyarchive.com/free/create-video-effects/
http://www.poweroid-video-editing.co.uk/Video_Editing_Software/free_video_effect s_software.asp

Did you go see FPJ in Sto. Domingo? LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us