Recording from VCR to Camcorder

Username: L155y

Post Number: 1
I am trying to record from my VCR to my Canon MVX250i but all I get is a blue screen on the camcorder. I am using the correct scart adapter with input capability but no matter what I do I get the same blue screen. I have also tried recording from the TV to the camcorder but again I have the same issue. I have followed the instructions in the manual but no matter what I do I have the same issue. Maybe someone out there can help?

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 248
Felicity,

I am a Canon MVX150i owner and I can vouch for the fact that analogue recording DOES work, and in fact the instructions are accurate. However, the steps are not intuitive, in particular, the fact that the camera (in my case) has to be in PLAY mode. Might be worth just reading through the instructions once more?

Next, I am always very suspicious of SCART connections. Do you have any non-SCART video source you can use to double check that what you think is "in" is really "in"? Actually, you want "out" if you are going FROM the SCART device to your camcorder....

If you do all the above and still have no luck then it's time to seek help from the retailer I think.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Username: Spursfan

Essex United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
hi can anyone help i have a jvc dvx 507ek digital camcorder with dv in and out like felicity i want to copy a vcr home movie to my camcorder and then to my computer can anyone tell me how to do this i have consulted my manual but it does not say anything i do have the manual i tried to upload it here but it can be viewed at my home site

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
Richard,

According to this web page:

http://www.ciao.co.uk/JVC_GR_DVX507EK__5600872/TabId/4#Connections

your camcorder does not have an analogue video-in facility, which (if true) is bad luck for you.

Your cheapest option is to buy an analogue capture card (www.leadtek.com) for your PC, discounting pointing your camcorder at the TV, of course ;-)

Hope that helps.

Terri
Unregistered guest
I have a GS 120 and I am trying to record from my VCR to camera. I have followed the instructions using my av cable and recording in play mode. I have set my av port to in/out. The camera seems to record but the screen is blank on replay. Any ideas why it's not working? Surely I don't need an s-video cable as well?

Silver Member

Post Number: 412
Terri,

I am not familiar with Panasonic camcorders but I did check the feature list for your model, and yes, analogue video-in recording is supported.

If you are indeed following the instructions and it isn't working, I suggest you take the camera back to the retailer and ask them to demonstrate it working. Make sure you take the necessary leads so it is easy for them to set up.

Cheers.

Anonymous

i want to record from the vcr to my sony camcord and am either getting zilch using a rf cord or a black and white picture both on the TV and camera screen using s-vid. HELP
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us