How To connect and get footage from camcorder to pc.

Anonymous

I have a "Samsung" camcorder (8mm-HI8). I want to transfer my footage from the camcorder to the pc, i do not have a usb port on the camcorder though i do have a s-video port and i just bought a
"s-video/audio/video cable". I connected the camcorder to the pc using that s-video cable yet still i get nothing, i do not have any drivers nor cds that came with the camcorder. I simply want to tranfer my footage from my camcorder to my pc, i dont want anything fansey, just to watch on quiketime or some kind of player... if someone can please help me with this problem it would be greatly appriciated.

Tela
Unregistered guest
What are you plugging the other end of the s-video cable into? Do you have a video capture card? Or are you by chance plugging your s-video out into your video card's s-video out? If that's the case, it won't work. You need a video capture card. Internal or External (USB usually). Assuming you already have a video capture card, you also have to make sure the video recording software you are using is set to the correct input. Also, S-video does not transfer audio, so if you want audio, make sure you have an audio cable frome your camcorder to your capture device.

mrs_miagi
Unregistered guest
I have a samsung HI8 too and the only port it offers is for an s-video. My pc has a 1394(firewire)port but the camera has doesn't. The firewire will go into my pc, but the camera only has a place for the s-video? so what next....

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 347
mrs_miagi,

As your camera only has analogue outputs, you will need to buy a video capture card for your PC, such as those made by Leadtek. As mentioned by Tela above, there are also external USB-connected devices that do the same job.

Make sure your PC exceeds the minimum spec or you may lose information during capture. I would recommend at least 1GHz processor.

Hope that helps.

mrs_miagi
Unregistered guest
I have windows media center xp and it came with a video capture card so my analog camcorder is attached to my pc with an a/v cable. There is video and audio inputs in the back of my pc.I also have the s-video port for both camcorder and pc. The problem is neither windows movie maker nor sonic my dvd detects or recognizes my capture device.

Silver Member

Post Number: 390
mrs_miagi,

MovieMaker should be able to import video from analogue cards (in addition to firewire).

Can you see the video capture card in Windows Device Manager?

If Device Manager can see your capture card, try re-installing MovieMaker or some other capture software.

If Device Manager cannot see your capture card, try re-installing it.

Of course, you need to bear in mind that the capture programmes won't see your camcorder as such. There is no way for the camera to signal its presence. But the programmes should be able to see the video capture card.

If none of this helps you might need to test the capture card in another PC.

Cheers
PS: should I perhaps be addressing you as "Miagi-san"?

mrs_miagi
Unregistered guest
Ok, The only capture device the computer detects is the Hauppauge WINTV PVR PCI II. That is the device the computer came with. When I try to capture video I get an error message that reads: the video device can not be used because there is an error when starting the device.

Should I just purchase a USB A/V capture device and use that? It seems silly to do so when the same ports in the USB A/V device are already installed in the back of the computer.

You have been extremely helpful and increased my understanding with regards to video capture.

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
mrs-miagi,

The first thing you should do is to completely remove the video capture card and re-install it following the manufacturer's instructions.

If that doesn't solve it, try downloading a copy of Ulead VideoStudio in case there is an incompatibility between your current capture programme and that specific device (rather unlikely). VideoStudio might even be bundled with the Hauppauge, actually.

I agree it would be a bit silly to buy a USB device. Let's not give up yet.

Cheers.

rfb100
Unregistered guest
I just bought a Canon camcorder (miniDV tape) with both a USB and S-video out. I transfered video to the computer via USB and burned both +R and -R DVDs. They were both of rather poor quality - no better than my old VHS-C tape. Then I went direct from camcorder to 32" TV via S-video and burned a DVD by means of a Sony TV DVD burner and the video was superb on both. Does anyone make an S-video "in" for PCs as that might be the answer to the poor quality.

Silver Member

Post Number: 459
rfb100,

If you are pleasantly surprised by the quality using s-video out from your camcorder, you will be blown away by what you can achieve by capturing the video in native DV format, by transferring it to your PC via firewire. The resolution this way is almost twice what you can achieve with s-video!

Give it a try and post again if you need further help.

Cheers.

mathematics
Unregistered guest
how do you get your hi8 camcorder to read/play hi8 tapes that were recorded in analogue mode?

mathematix
Unregistered guest
someone please help!!?

manny 23
Unregistered guest
I have a JVC GR-D275 digital video camera. How do I transfer my pics to my pc. I have already plugged in the the usb cord correctly but the pictures just wont transfer over. Please help!

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
manny 23,

This is how another JVC user overcame that problem:

1) Turn your camcorder off.

2) Make sure there is a memory card in.

3) Switch the camcorder to "MEMORY"

4) Turn it back on and your PC should recognise it over USB.

Let me know if that fixes it.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
I've got a camera with only the coloured video and audio out plugs. How could I connect that to my pc?

TelegramSam
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony CCD-TR620E analogue video camera using 8mm video tapes (not HI 8 or Digital). In my PC I have a Mercury TV Tuner Card installed and Pinnacle Studio version 9.4SE. I have a few leads which connect the camera to PC but not sure if correct ones. I cannot at all get a video transfered onto my PC....what am I doing wrong please. Diagrams, info...anything. Thank you

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
forgotten chicken,

As your camera only has analogue outputs, you will need to buy a video capture card for your PC, such as those made by Leadtek.

Make sure your PC exceeds the minimum spec or you may lose information during capture. I would recommend at least 1GHz processor.

Cheers.

footieq8
Unregistered guest
I recently bought a sony dcr hc22. It does not seem to transfer anything at all to the computer either using USB or Firewire/dv although i can control the camera via the computer. I've tried so many troubleshooting methods its driving me mad. I'm a total computer novice

Silver Member

Post Number: 515
footieq8,

I'll recommend you to disconnect the USB connection and concentrate on firewire if transferring video is your objective.

After disconnecting the USB, make sure you can still control your camera through firewire. Also, check that the camera is appearing, probably as "Microsoft DV camera and VCR" under Imaging Devices in Device Manager when it is connected and switched on.

What capture programme are you using? And what is your OS?

Cheers.

footieq8
Unregistered guest
I've tried both microsoft movie maker and ulead. I have windows xp on my computer. How do i disconnect the usb connection?
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 525
footieq8,

Initially, i am just talking about physically unplugging the USB cable. Nothing tricky.

Other more serious options at your disposal include:

1) This patch from Microsoft. Read the entire page carefully before trying:

Update for Windows XP (KB885222) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885222/

2) trying a different firewire card. Accorfing to this website:

http://www.inventa.com.au/Introduction%20to%20Video%20Capture%20Cards%20and%20Vi deo%20Editing%20Software.htm#section4_5

incompatibilities can cause the issues you are seeing.

let me know how it goes.

Cheers

footieq8
Unregistered guest
hi Gromit

I unplugged the usb cable and downloaded the update from microsoft. Still no joy. I cannot understand how i was able to transfer the data from the camcorder to the computer once a couple of weeks ago but not since. Also i can see the tape using the usb streaming tool but it then does not record!
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 529
footieq8,

Hmmm, didn't realise this is a "used to work" problem.

I have seen on another website a reference to XP SP2 receiving an auto-update which causes it to automatically turn on fireWALL blocking of the fireWIRE, in case it is used as a network port. Just give that a quick check.

Also, would be good to quickly check out your camcorder on another PC.

Have you recently installed any software or plug-ins?

I'd prefer to focus our debugging on firewire if that's OK with you as I don't have experience of using USB to transfer video.

Keep in touch and don't give up!

Cheers.

footieq8
Unregistered guest
Gromit
Sorted it. I uninstalled the sony picture package software and the ulead software, then reinstalled the ulead one only and it worked. I wonder if it may be because there is only 19 Gb left in my hard drive.
Thanks for the help

Silver Member

Post Number: 555
footieq8,

Great to hear that!

As your problem may have quite wide implications for other users, would you very kindly post one more message, saying exactly what symptoms you saw. I think you are aying that:

1) Your camcorder was recognised OK when connected by firewire.

2) When trying to cpature, all camcorder controls were working (via the PC programme) but the preview screen was blank.

3) No video was captured.

4) These problems existed for both your capture programmes

5) You solved it as per your recent post.

The 19G should be ample by the way.

Cheers.

Footieq8
Unregistered guest
Gromit
The symptoms were as follows

1.The camcorder was not recognised at all by the sony picture package software

2.Otherwise the camcorder was recognised okay when connected by firewire

3.I could control the camcorder via the ulead programme eg rewind, play etc

4.However no video was captured and the screen was blank

5.Once I uninstalled the sony and ulead software and reinstalled only the ulead software it worked.

6.The only other problem now seems to be that on some occassions if I want to use it I find i have to uninstall and reinstall the ulead software. Otherwise an error message appears 152000:43:3 and 15023:4:2. Does not happen all the time though.

Any further suggestions will be gratefully received.

Joeybuzz
Unregistered guest
I have installed my discs that I got with my samsung camcorder - mini dv vp-d103i on one of the discs it has a dvc driver - I did install it all and they are on file. But as soon as I hook up my camcorder and try to access the samsung media 5.1 it says 'device is not found - confirm connection with computer or device mode' So i go into my control panel and then into the scanner and camera part and then into add a device - the wizard brings up different camera names - I go to samsung and it says 'this device is not digitally signed'. But on my disc that I got it says for Microsoft xp - which I have. I have looked at doing different things (like uninstalling it all and redoing it) but alas - I cannot figure it out.

Can someone please help me out?
Cheers

footieq8
Unregistered guest
Joeybuzz

It sounds like one of the problems I had with mine (see above). Try uninstalling the Samsung software alltogether and use the Windows Movie Maker that comes with XP instead. That worked for me as did using the free ulead software

Good Luck

Footieq8

Unregistered guest
I have a canon Camcorder with only S-Video and DV inputs. I've had bad experience with a terrible connection between my S-Video and my old analog video capture card, so I got a Mercury PCI 1394 6 pin FireWire Card to capture via DV. My frustration has been unending since. I've plugged the camera into all of the adapter's ports, turned the camera off, waited two minutes and turned it back on, and NOTHING new has showed up in ANY of the areas of my hardware devices. This adapter DOES detect my 40 GB usb/firewire drive however and I have not had any trouble transfering data back and forth. This camera works fine on a Mac computer at my work but I really don't want to capture personal stuff with work equipment, it's unprofessional. (I tested it on the mac only to see if it was the camera's port.)

I also know that it is not the firewire cable, I have tested the cable and it works fine otherwise. I tried another cable from work and the camera still is not detected. I have even shut down, plugged the camera in and started up again, but to no avail. Windows 2000 is supposed to come with MS DV, is it not? WTF?!?!?!

Chow
Unregistered guest
Poor video quality after capturing from Sony HCR-HC42:

Hi Gromit,

I have recently bought Sony DCR-HC42 and am very unhappy with the result after I capture it in my Laptop. I have started with capturing using USB, but soon had to drop the idea due to inferior quality. I then Got a ordinary firewire (IEEE 1394) and transferred the data to my Laptop (Toshiba satellite with in built IEEE 1394 port). I have tried using various softwares like MS Movie maker, Inter DVD Creator, Pinnacle 9 but with whatever I use , I am getting a very poor quality picture. The colour seems to be totally washed out. I see a degradation of about 50% in the picture quality when I play the DVD (the colours seem to be totally lost) when compared to the same DV being played on TV directly. I see loss at every stage, the maximum while capturing and some degradation while compressing to mpeg format.

The sony picture package software that came with the handycam is simply worse. It is very unfortunate that sony cannot even provide a decent software to campture movie from miniDV. The software only supports USB transfer...pathetic..It does not support firewire transfer. It does not even support DVD creation.

Could anyone tell me where I am doing wrong. Is it possible that my firewire could be a problem. I still hold the opinion that Sony HC-42 is a not suitable handycam if you indend to write to DVD although I saw reviews of customer being very satisfied. I feel it is only good if I do not intend to do any editing and just play from my DV directly to TV.

Thanks in advance.
Chow

Username: Collins_mom

Post Number: 1
Help! New Samsung SC-D353DV. Tried capturing video (with cassette) on Windows Movie Maker. "No video capture device detected/found" was the error. Tried the software that came with it, Ulead video studio se dvd and dv media pro 1.0.
Told me the s/w wasn't compatible with windows xp

Username: Collins_mom

Post Number: 2
Me again. Still need that help with the Samsung digital cam. I'm connecting the camcorder to the pc using the usb supplied.Once I get into the Windows Movie Maker and choose video capture, nothing. Camera says video streaming,but same error..no video capture device detected. Please assist or it's going back to the store.

Unregistered guest
I Have a sony DCR-DVD 203 i use pinnacle studio 9, but the software doesn't detect device, i use the usb cable sold with my handycam. what's the problem please.

batan
Unregistered guest
hi. i've got a panasonic camcorder NV-DS77, and i have had problem transferring moving pictures to my pc. i connect my pc to it via DV socket (in out terminal) in front of my camcorder to 1394 port of my pc, but when i tried to capture pictures i got the message saying that pc cannot recognise hardware or there's no video capture driver installed.
It would be appreciated if anyone could help me to solve this problem. I've often thought that my camcorder has become an obsolete toy!
Thanks

Unregistered guest
Believe it or not, somewhere in cyberspace you'll find small print that says Windows Movie Maker does not recognise mpeg files. The video capture card (AVER media) that the local computer shop put in my brand new computer saves its output files as mpegs. Result: no video appears in Movie Maker! Some one has got a lot of explaining to do...the videos show up okay in the Nero movie editor...

Username: Pennysc3

Maine USA

This is a dumb question....how do I find out if my laptop has a video capture card?
It is an HP pavilion n5475 and it was given to me so I have no clue!
Thank you!
Ciao!
Penny

Anonymous

LOST AND LOOKING FOR HELP!!!! I need to know what i need to get just certain pictures on my RCA camcorder to my pc for the purpose of printing?

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony DCR-HC40E handycam which is connected to my HP pavilion computer via the USB 2.0 port, everytime i try to burn what is on the cassete inside the camera it says that there's no disc found in the E drive when there clearly is. i have bought the recommended disc for burning (CD-R) but still can't seem to burn anything. I have tried saving the video to my hard drive but can't seem to find a way to do this.

Username: Max945

Post Number: 3
I just purchased a JVC GR-D275U camcorder. I also purchased a 1394a Firewire card for my Dell PC. Can I use the faster 1394b Firewire card to transfer video from the camcorder to the PC? 2nd question is I installed the 1394a Firewire card into my PC and the computer didn't recognize that I installed it. I am using Windows XP. Is it possible that some cards are not able to work on some computers?

helpforbeginner
Unregistered guest
Hi im hopeing someone out there can help me.
I recently purchased a Canon Video Camera MV850i. I can transfer images and small videos via the SD card they supplied me, but i was wondering how i can transfer the footage i record from the tape inside the camera to my pc so i can edit it and have some fun.

Look forward to a response

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4239
beginner,
Have you read the instruction manual?
It will indicate in there what you need to do to download footage from the camera's DV tape to your PC or MAC.

That camera has an output 1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK) and you get a cable that can connect from the camera to your PC.

Unregistered guest
Just purchased a HP media Center PCm7160n,I'm trying to connect my sony 8mm camcorder to my pc...I have a s-video input on my Pc and autio inputs for an antilog siganal,how do I capture video from my 8mm camara that I CAN hook to these ports?

Unregistered guest
Just purchased a HP media Center PCm7160n,I'm trying to connect my sony 8mm camcorder to my pc...I have a s-video input on my Pc and autio inputs for an antilog siganal,how do I capture video from my 8mm camara that I CAN hook to these ports?

Username: Islandguy

St andre d'argenteuil, Quebec Canada

I have a problem. I got a firewire to connect a Panasonic DV400 miniDV camcorder to my new laptop , a COMPAQ presario R3000 with windows XP, and it has a texas instruments OHCI compliant 1394 host bus controller.

The manual tells me that the Camcorder can be connnected via a firewire (DV interface cable 4 pin to 4 pin)) to the pc, and I'll be able to use it this way.
MY computer will not recognise the DVR. I tried using Windows Movie maker, and Muvee Producer. Both software will not detect a video device. I had the firewire checked on another unit and it is good. I checked the device manager, and it said no conflicts with the 1394 controller. I think XP manages the irq sharing okay, so I don't think the problem is there. I tried rebooting and then connecting the cable. I tried rebooting with the camera on and cable connected. To no avail. Windows won't recognise the Camcorder. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'll take any help I can get.....and I'll give you feedback on how it works out so that your efforts will not be in vain.

thanks in advance....hope someone can assist me with this.

Unregistered guest
i have a canon v75 analogue hi8 camcorder and a compaq presario sr1329uk desktoppc- is there anyway of connecting the camcorder (analogue) to my pc to be able to copy the videos to dvd??--it has a ieeefirewire card or whatever its called on the pc but that i believe is for digital camcorders etc- i cant see any s video connections on this pc ??--how can i do what i want to do?/is it possible?--i am complete beginner so any cables etc and connections etc pls be very simple in terminolgy as i get confused easy !

thanks a lot ,
Betty

Unregistered guest
I have a mini dv JVC video camara, and an IEE19 something cord that it said I needed. The booklet told me to connect that wire (just mentioned) to the USB cord that goes into the USB outlet. However, movie maker or anything for that matter, doesn't even relieaze that there is a connection. I don't even know if I doing it correctly. How can I get the videos to the computer to e-mail and make a movie to put on disc? I was told I need a video card, but do I need that, or a video capture card, or something else?

Unregistered guest
hey ppl, i really need help, I just got Radeon X700 pro, for my pcv-rx570, i tried to connect my camcorder SCL630 to my comp, through s-video cable and when i connect it computer doesn't find a new device, i also don't have any cds with SCL630 so what is going on? also, when I tried to capture a video it gives me 0Xc00D0035 error. what the hell is that?

Username: Davy47

Lawrence, KS USA

I had been using Ulead Videostudio 6.0 with ATI Rage 128 video capture card and processing capture of 8mm analog tape from Sony CCD-TRV15. Worked great. Hard drive crashed and could not find Videostudio disc. After installing new hard drive and getting operational, tried U Vid 9.0 trial version. Very poor quality. Unusable. Someone suggested Windows Movie Maker for capture, then use Ulead Videostudio 9.0 for editing. So right now, Ulead Videostudio 9.0 can capture the analog 8mm video thru the capture card and from the analog 8mm camcorder. But Windows Movie Maker will not let me choose a video device to capture thru. When I follow the HELP instructions to go to "Capture from video device", it gives 2 errors in sequence: First "The video device is currently in use. Close any other application that is using the application and try again." [but Ulead is not open, nor anything else, and I restarted and immediately went into Win Movie Maker and still get this]. Then when I close that I get this error: "the video device can not be used because there is an error when starting the device". Behind this error message is a popup box labeled to choose the "Video Capture Device", but when I close the error, this Video Capture box immediately closes also, and I cannot find any other option in Win Movie Maker to open this command box to choose the video capture device. The ATI all-in-wonder capture card checks fine in Win Device Manager in the Control Panel. How can I choose the video device in Win Movie Maker?

Unregistered guest
Hi All, I have a Sony DCR-PC9e which I now want to connect to my laptop to record to cd/dvd what I have on the DV tape.

Camcorder has a USB port which I have connected but can only see/download stuff which is on the memory stick. Do I just need a a/v line out from the camcorder going into a line in on the laptop? What would also be the best pc package to do this? v.frustrating. Thanks.

brent_11111
Unregistered guest
how do i know if my computer already has a video capture card in it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5316
If you bought the computer as a bundle, check the documentation that came with it.
If you haven't done any of the required reading as far as your computer's capabilities, you have no business editing video in your pc.

Anonymous

i have a samsung vp-d102d and connected it to pc via usb port before i installed the cd,anything i can do because the cd wont load now? keeps asking for correct file name or confirm camcorder connection.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5459
Uninstall everything and start from scratch. Do not use USB.

Unregistered guest
I have a JVC camcorder with a S-Video output. I recently bought a new Gateway laptop with a S-Video input. Today I got S-Video cord and I plugged one end into the computer and the other into the camcorder. When I turn the camcorder on and open my computer it shows Macromedia FTP & RDS (which is usually not there so I am guessing that is my camcorder) but I can't figure how to transfer the footage to my pc from the camcorder.

Unregistered guest
I just figured out what the Macromedia FTP & RDS is. Not even related to the camcorder. So I am clueless as how to make this work.

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony DCR TRV22 Digital video recorder and a new hp Media Center with a lot of input possibilities. After all the bad things I've been reading about Imagemixer and inability to copy to a DVD, I thought I'd try hooking my DVR to my computer with an S-video cable or perhaps with the AV cords I use to connect to the television. Anyone know how to capture images through either of these methods with an HP media center

Username: Sarahjade

I have a JCV camcorder and want to transfer my footage to the PC. I have a firewire lead but when i plug it in and connect the camcorder, the PC doesn't seem to detect it. However, if i go onto control pannel and 'Add/Remove Hardware' and click 'Add' it's there on the list sp the PC is obviously aware it has been connected. I try to add it but it just says the device is working properly. How do i play the footage? Please help

Username: Azha

Chennai, Tn India

Hi,

I have Samsung SCL810 Hi8 camcorder. I have installed Pinnacle TV Tuner card. My camcorder does have S-video out and one Composite Output.

My TV Tuner card has cable in, S-video In, Composite In and One Audio Out.

I connected the camcorder thru s-video cable and from the Audio out i connect the cable to computer Line-in.

When i record using the cable line, the audio is getting recorded, but when i record through S-video i dont get any Audio. I even tried using Composite OUT from camcorder to Tuner card Composite IN, but no audio is recorded.

Pls help what should be done to get the audio while converting from camcorder to pc.

Many thanks,
Azha

Username: Grand_admiral

I have a HI 8 sony handycam, I need to transfer the files from the camcorder to the PC, I can get the video with the capture card, but I can't get any audio, can someone explain how to get audio to the PC?

Username: Fishing

Powell river, Bc Canada

I too cannot transfer video from my gr-d275u jvc camera onto my pc! i have installed windows xp system pack2, power director, picture navigator etc........and nothing works. Windows will not recognize the usb port. PLEASE help.

Username: Shagadelic

can i play my gamecube or PS2 console on my MediaCenter PC?

Username: Nilwod

I have an old Sony TR810E Hi8 Camcorder and would like to transfer several Hi8 tapes to DVD. The camcorder has an S-video connection and three (red/white/yellow) phono jacks (RCA connection - not sure what it is called!). I am considering getting a Thomsom DTH8550 DVD/DivX High Definition reader/writer with 160 GB hard drive. Would this allow me to "read" the tapes, save them on the hard disk, and then record them onto DVDs?

Username: I_am_the_game

Can somebody please help me.

Im trying to get videos from my SAMSUNG VP-D102D to my PC.

I have downloaded Samsung DVC Media 5.1 and drivers.

When I run it I am totally lost where to find my vidoes.

I am connecting via USB, I do not intend to buy a firewire cable when USB is supposed to work.

Any help on where to find my videos step by step would be brill.

If anybody can help u can add me to msn
ossie.b@hotmail.co.uk
if somebody who has experienced this or knows bout this cam can guide me through will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 8564
If you have no intention of connecting by using firewire, then you have nothing else! The key word in your sentence is "supposed"...USB WILL NOT WORK for videos. But you can keep trying.

USB is for transferring stills, NOT movies. But if you insist that USB is "supposed to work", then by all means keep trying.

Username: Treen999

First of all USB CAN NOT work with dv because it has a transfer rate of only 1.5mb per second. Firewire has a transfer rate of 50mb per second. BUT now USB 2.0 is out and that has a rate of an UNCONSISTENT 60mb per socond. In all you will be better off with fiewire.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9178
Hopefully they will listen to you...there are plenty who really don't read the threads and keep on parroting "How come my video won't transfer with USB????....What do i need to do????"

Username: Bgrmckay

Help needed! I recently bought a JVC GR-D340E DV camera and need to transfer my recordings onto Windows Movie Maker. I bought a Firewire cable separately and have been trying to transfer my stuff across. Unfortunately, movie maker does not detect my camera. I have tried all the usual - turning it off and then on again etc... but it's still not working. Am I missing some software or anything else for that matter?

Username: Mellymel

Hello i hope someone out there can help me with a big problem I have a "Samsung" camcorder SCL810(8mm-HI8). I want to transfer my footage from the camcorder to the pc on a DVD, i do not have a usb port on the camcorder though i do have a s-video port and i just bought a
"s-video cable" and a nvidia geforce fx5200 graphics card also i had to get a analog to digital video converter to. I connected the camcorder to the converter and then to converter to the pc using usb cable yet still i get nothing, i do not have any drivers nor cds that came with the camcorder. I simply want to tranfer my footage from my camcorder to my DvD on my pc, i dont want anything fansey not yet but i will soon, just to give out dvd of my kids and a friend wedding stuff like that
Thank you

Gold Member

Post Number: 9500
Melanie,
I can understand your dilemma, but you are making this too complicated.

You need to get a video capture card. This video capture card will simplify everything for you.

You can also get an external video capture device that comes with a video editing program. Try this.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=11112 88&Sku=P121-3016

Hi Berny thank you but i still need to get something else on top of my Dazzle DVD recorder and that came with studio 10 so i am soooooooo confuse so now you are telling me to go out and buy something more o boy why can't this thing i have work and what is the different with the dvd recorder and this external video capture device HELP please

Gold Member

Post Number: 9501
Melanie, you do not need the nvidia card, that is just a graphics card and not ncessary for video editing.

What you need is the camera. Audio and video cables to connect the camcorder to the Dazzle Video creator. 1 USB cable to connect Dazzle to the PC.

Nothing more than that. You do not need a program for the camcorder or any drivers. The Dazzle creator should have everything you need.

Use the install disk that came with Dazzle before connecting anything. If you did not, remove the program and start another install from scratch.

Do not connect anything, specially the camera, until the computer re-starts or you are prompted.

Hi Berny i do have a Audio and Video cables that came with my camcorder and still it's not working maybe my compture is to old it's a home build one i am at the end of my rope and just about to give up not that i am spending money like crazy the Tech-Support from dazzle told me that i need to get this new graphics card that was $100.00 and more MB so i got 256 more and now a tech from samsung is telling me at i need to go out and get this audio and video capture card what gives i don't think that i can return the Nvidia becasue it a hardwear and i open it so now i will just have to deal with it i quess but i want to thank you very much for trying to help me out here any thing else just let me know what i can do beside taking the Dazzle DVD Recorder back because i really want to do this thing with my tapes to DVD

Gold Member

Post Number: 9515
What OS are you using?

Username: Shy295

Dear Sir,
I just bought sony's 30GB hard disk drive camcorder DCR-SR100, I am facing few problems in using it. You are requested to please inform me how to tackel these problems. First when I recorded the movie, each time I pressed and released the record button a thumbnail was formed on the camcorder, even though I have shot just for few seconds and just to shoot one scene I need to press and release the recording button several times but in result several thumbnails and very small movie files are formed which are not required, as i need only one thumbnail for one scene and i want to combine all small movie files in one thumb nail. Further I coppied all these movies file to my computer and when I tried to burn 4.7 GB dvd, only 99 files were allowed to burn on the dvd which took only 1.4 GB of space and I could not insert my dvd again for further recording as message appears that please insert blank DVD, and according to cmacoreder software for 10.8 GB of my movie I need 11 DVD's. Which is redicilous. Second while editing when I cut and Compile the movie file another new movie file is formed and when I tried to burn the dvd the orignal file was started to burn not the compiled one.

You are requested to please inform me the sloutions of my problems as I could not find them in provided user's manual.
Thanking you,
S Jalota
sjalota@hotmail.com

Username: Warren1944

San fernando, Ca Us

I have a panasonic pv-l750d` palmcorder which uses ths small vhs tapes. It has a small hole labled "to pc" along with av out and phone.
I plugged the correct cable to the camera (to pc) and plugged in to the pc with the female serial 9pin.
(com1). The pc did not recognize the camera. am i missing something?
pc is a pent 4 with xp pro.

Username: Poderosotiburon

I have a JVC GR-D275 digital video camera. where I can get the camera software . i look for software but i don{t can fine. help me please

Username: Frank999

(This has been asked before and I cannot find an answer anywhere ... :-)
Neither my PC nor Laptop recognises my camcorder plugged in via firewire.
Camcorder is a Sony DCR-PC9E. Do I need to set something in camcorder (nothing mentioned in instructions)?
Attempted to capture in Windows Movie Maker, WinDVD Creator, MoviePlus 1, etc.
Thanks

Username: Frank999

Further to my request re no response from PC to Firewire connection (with camcorder)...

I have checked that the Firewire device is enabled.
And it is a brand new firewire cable.

Thanks in anticipation,
Frank

Username: Sampel134

Eatontown, New Jersey USA

Hi, I have a Panasonic Palmcorder VHS-C and i don't know how to put my videos on to my computer and edit them on Windows Movie Maker? Do I need any cords or wires?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12312
Put "video capture cards" on a search engine.

Username: Awsmtothemax

how do i transfer video from my sony dvd handycam to Windows Movie Maker, is it possible?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12331
Put "video capture cards" on a search engine. These video capture cards will have instructions on how to transfer video files to your PC.

You can also check the manual of your handycam on transferring footage to your computer.

Username: Bphillips41

I have a panasonic pv-l750d palmcorder that uses the small tapes, its got on output to pc that connects to the com port. Is there anyway to use this camcorder as a webcam.

Username: Smirnoff

Lincolnton, NC United States

i have a samsung camera, and i have installed the camera unto my computer, but when i try to connect the camera or upload a video file to windows movie maker, it says hardware can not be found.????????????????????????????????????????????????

Username: Sunshinesusie

UK

Hi! everyone,
We have just bought a Samsung D363 camcorder and also a 1394 card to do video editing on the PC. The trouble is no matter what we try our PC wont recognise the camcorder. Running Windows ME, we have uninstalled the drivers and software and reinstalled again but still no joy, please can anyone help.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13127
Update your operating system. ME is not stable enough nor reliable enough for a 1394 connection.

Username: Sunshinesusie

UK

Thanks for that Berny, I will inform my husband. I did upgrade once to XP but I didn't like it and also my program for my family history which I am researching wouldn't work with XP, but we have three computers in our room so perhaps we can put it on one of my husbands computers. Thanks again for your help.

Username: Colbrx2

Okay, I'm sure the answers to my questions are somewhere in the numerous messages posted to this board but I'm not sure which pieces of information I need. With that, here's my dilemma...
I have an old RCA camcorder that offers only the AV in/out (my PC does not). I want to convert all of my 8mm video cassettes to DVD, but I also want to edit them by adding music and etc. before simply copying them to DVD. I know I need to get them onto my PC and use a video editing program of some sort, but it's the getting them on my PC that's throwing me through a loop. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! Thank you!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13167
You need a video capture card. Should be easy enough to find in most computer stores.

There's also a product called "Dazzle".

Search engine...use it.

Username: Drsal

Hi
Does any one know how to transfer the photage from 8 mm video cassette to the PC and then copy it to a DVD ? I have Sony DCR-PC9E camcordert?
Ic it at all possible ? am frustrated !
thanks

Username: Drsal

Also Can I record from TV to my camcorder ?

Username: Shnkar

hi every one please help at the earliest...

i purchased a new sony DCR HC-36 handycam.

the device captures movies to a HD tape .

how can i convert the movie which is on the tape to a cd.

i have tried almost all possible ways which i know and now i am going madddd.

please someone help me

sony has provided me with a software called picture package. but its still worse.

i have the following pc configuration

intel pentium 3 processor 800mhz
128mb ddr ram
cd writer

the handycam has a usb port and the pc also has a usb 2.0 but when i tried converting a 2 minute video on the tape to cd using picture package, it took 47 minutes and was still continuing. please give me a better software, system requirements, hardware and other details for this convertion

thanks in advance

Username: Manu_tks

Hi All,
I have a sony handycam DCR-HC96. I want to connect it to my HP pavilion notebook (with Firewire port) to transfer the videos. Which firewire cable should I use to transfer the videos from the handycam to my laptop? (OS is Windows Vista Home Premium).

Will sony VMCIL4415 i.LINK cable be good?
Are there any specific firewire cables that fit into HP firewire ports?

Thanks in advance.

Username: Abk90

HI DEAR LEARNET MEMBERS,
I have sony DCR-HC40 E and dell lat d820 with win vista premium as OS. i have downloaded picture motion browser from sony site as required for window vista for capturing videos through i link cable. but when i connect i link cable only camera controls work and no input video is available as preview. also import of video does not take place since video signals are not recieved thru i link. i earlier thought that i link cable is defective so i got it replaced, but again no use. it says check the i link connection.
pl help i m not able to capture my 6 min DVs
thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 106
Try using Microsoft Movie Maker.

Username: Gail_account

Hello all,
I've read all the above and still struggling.
I have my fathers sony video camera record Hi8 Model CCD-TRV208E Camcorder which he video'd my sons recent wedding.

I have figured out this is an analog camcorder and comes with analog leads. a pin that goes into the camcorder and two leads, one video one audio.

I've had all my manuals out. At first was trying to record on to the DVD (Samsung) that is attached to my Samsung tv. I've given up.

I have a hp m1190uk pc. I attached leads from the camcorder to the front, being two cables one into the video socket the other into the right audio socket.
I've started both windvd and movie maker. Turned on the video camera but can't see the footage.

I can see the haugpage video capture card.

I've bought a svideo cable as the camcorder has an svideo socket and I think my pc has one too. Reading above, that only transfers video but not sound? so do I use both the svideo and the pin with the audio?

Hope I'm explaining above correctly and hope someone can help.

PS I have managed to get the video to playback plugged my tv with the svideo to svideo and pin to audio cables plugged into my tv. When I try the same in the back of the dvd it doesn't seem to work. I also have to put the source to AV2 on tv.

What a muddle for me, I'm trying to figure out how these things work have read the manuals but still

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
GaiI

To be brutally honest, you are going to continue to experience difficulty if you choose to use a PC for what you are trying to do.

For technical neophytes such as yourself, my advice is to buy a standalone DVD recorder. Connect up the camcorder to it on Line1 of the DVD recorder. Set the channel to Line1. Push record on the DVD recorder. Push play on the camcorder.

Username: Boothie

Doncaster, South yorkshire England

can someone help?i have a sony handycam digital 8 dcr-trv265e i no longer use it and am selling it to my daughter but want to transfer the footage on the films to my pc

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
Joan,

As I have repeated multiple times here, for technical novices such as yourself, buy a standalone DVD recorder with a Firewire input.
Do not bother with your PC for this task.

Your camcorder has a Firewire (aka iLink) output.

Username: Stellafish

Wolverhampton, West Midlands

...camcorder with only 2 composite outputs; plugged "Y" connecter (2x fem , ix male, ) into cam, connected to video in on card, Line in on orig PC back (by speaker and mic ports)with another series of adaptors and after many hiccups finally got some stuff to PC. The final problem is the sound lagging behind the video; it seems the longer the clip, the bigger the lag. Have been told it is due to low PC performance.Is this definite does anyone know? If not, any suggestions please

OMFG Am I a gimp or what?? Please read this part firstBasically Have a poor PC , 1.24 Athlon processer, Nvidea onboard graphics and trying to transfer analog tape footage to PC fitted with SAA7130 Capture card. I'm using an old Sony CCD TR501e ...\SEE ABOVE POST, sorry for mix up.. Windows XP

Hello again , good start or what? Apologies again for my previous effup. Just want to mention that I am also trying to transfer digital tape footage to PC; using a Sony TRV130E , via firewire. This was a breeze, using the Ulead videostudio10SE software that came with the card.Unfortuneatly I had a virus problem and after a new HDD could no longer get Ulead to work. Tried to reinstall but have no product key. Windows Movie maker is ok but only uses...

Post Number: 4
...wmv files; I found a Pixela imagemaker disc in my carboot stuff which I thought was ok apart from poor quality; realised it only creates MPEG1 files, not MPEG 2 which was so easy to make into DVD's . Downloads were suggested for Ulead, tempted being as they couldnt supply me with a key. Thanks for your time, everyone, hope someone can help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
Yes it is true that often times the audio will lag the video when done on a slower computer.

My advice to joan booth holds for you as well.

Buy yourself a standalone DVD recorder one with a Firewire import, and be done with it.

I have two and getting video directly to a DVD is a breeze.

Username: Smith33jast

New York, NY United States

You can connect this with this via a port at the backside of your camera.

Username: Astroboytags

Quezon city, Manila Philippines

hi to all! how can i transfer or download my footage to the pc? what equipments or device should i have? i got this jvc gd-r73. pls help me. tks!}

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
I suggest you consider reading the GR-D73 owner's manual. In particular page 36.

Username: Gail_account

Hi all,
I did manage to get the video onto my pc, I wish I could say how but have already forgotten, oh dear. I couldnt do it with my laptop. I think that was because there is a haughpage video .. adapter .. on the pc and not on the laptop.

Since then I've tried to attach laptop to the tv. Was told I needed a cable which went into the laptop to the tv. Wouldn't work, pc was greyed out on tv. I'm afraid gave up since then but would love to know how to do it still.
The tv is a samsung, laptop sony vaio

Silver Member

Post Number: 298
Which model Sony Vaio?

Which model Samsung TV?

Username: Ravikandari123

i have a two panasonic camcorder with DVCPRO 50/25 format, i wana use my lapatop as a vision viewer,i wana connect both camera at a same time through a firewire,but wen i m using tht i m getting output of one camera only,if anyone knws hw to get output of both camera at same time,i used CAT-4 software to use my laptop as a vison viewer,can neone help??

Username: Filmgirl

My parents bought a Mini JVC GR-D775U a while back and I'm trying to use it for my film club, but I don't understand how to transfer the footage on the video cassette to the PC (knowning I might not have any luck with my macbook whatsoever in transfering the video). The only problem is that I'm not sure I have a video capture card. I do have some cables with the yellow, red, and white inputs. I also have a cable for the USB, but whenever I connect it to the PC, the only thing that comes up are the pictures. I want the video. I have no manuel because my parents lost it and they have no idea how to transfer video to PC either. Description of the cables will be helpful in explaining to me what cables I need to transferring the footage to PC without the names of the cables, because I'm lacking knowledge in that field.

Silver Member

Post Number: 473
1.) Download the manual from the JVC website.

2.) You won't be able to use the USB cable.

3.) If your Macbook has a Firewire port, you should be able to
transfer the video over.

4.) Most PCs don't have a video capture card. It is generally something you have to buy and install yourself. Generally video capture cards with the yellow+red+white connectors are prone to video and audio synchronization problems.

5.) You need to have a Firewire (also known as IEEE1394) card which you need to buy and install yourself. This is the best way to transfer the video to your hard drive.

Username: The_big_fella

Hello all this is my first posting so please forgive my lack of computer literacy, now then i have a very old samsung vp-w80u 8mm camcorder with loads of tapes and i need to get them onto my pc to burn to dvd disc any ideas??? all help would be greatly appreciated

Silver Member

Post Number: 485
the quickest is to get one of these -->
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882116136&cm_re=dvd_record er-_-82-116-136-_-Product

I have a JVC which I used to convert 100+ tapes to DVD.

Username: Nintendowiifan1000

i have a jvc super vhs camcorder and how would i convert vhs to youtube please help

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
This isn't a simple one-click task.

Does your JVC SVHS camcorder have Firewire or not? A model number would be helpful.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15447
Welcome to eCoustics nintendowiifan1000!

You can buy a PVR card then hook the output of your JVC SVHS camcorder through the input of this card to record directly on your PC then send this file to Youtube.

Silver Member

Post Number: 487
A PVR is analog capture. And there are sometimes issues with video and audio synchronization.

The best video transfer method is to use Firewire if the camcorder has that port. This is digital.

Username: Mandyowls

there is no converter to play 8mm camcorder tapes in a vhs vcr video,i have just bought a usb 2.0 video capture its like a dongle with red/yellow.white leads that fit into the video dvd tv etc and that lets you play your camcorder directly on to the pc and after you can convert it to dvd or you can simply convert it striaght on to a disc if you want too, i bought from amazon for £21.95 delivered it comes with a disc to enable the programme to run and drivers to run it on your pc,its fantastic and its for windows vista/7 too,it also lets you convert your vhs tapes from the video into dvd as well as sky digital box films as well and a few more things,i hope this is what you need becuss its a life saver ,its name is VCAP 305 just look on amazon and type it in,all you need is your white and yellow camcorder lead that fits into to the vcap 305 dongle

Username: Pradeepivon

dear friends & experts,
i have a canon legria FS36 connected by its USB cable to my home
computer running on windows XP home edition SP3. It has a Pentium 4 CPU on 2.67GHZ & 2.2GB of RAM
Some of the downloaded videos have choppy quality in audio or video some time though they were fine running on the handycam. What is the problem and can you help please...
rgds/Pradeep

Username: Thomasw

I have a DCR-DVD108 camcorder. The camcorder records video onto a mini 8cm (Sony) disc. I have used (Sony) DVD+RW and DVD-RW. I can put either disc in my computer and copy the files and stuff. THE PROBLEM IS, one time I used a (Sony) DVD-R 8cm disc and I cannot seem to get the files onto the computer. I have a Dell, Windows 7, and the computer seems to read the DVD-R disc but I cannot rip or convert the files off of the disc onto the computer. The "properties" of the DVD-R disc say it is full so I know there is video on it. I have numerous editing and burning software but cannot figure the problem out! Please help!

Thanks, Thomas

Silver Member

Post Number: 696
I am not sure why this is a concern.

DVD-RW and DVD+RW are re-usable.

Since you are ripping the video for final editing on a PC, why does it matter?

Username: Thomasw

I understand I can reuse the DVD-RW and DVD+RW but I accidently filmed on a DVD-R disc and I can't get the footage off of it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 697
Your case is highly unusual because it is usually the other way.

Have you tried the DVD-R disc in another PC? You should be able to see the files on it.

Is there a finalization step required for the DVD-R disc?

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 312
for the last few years either deliberately or due to outright? ameer larki ¨C in the 90s they used to run away on foot,Michael Kors Outlet, I was thrilled and over the moon; and when the director of the festival took me to the red carpet,Michael Kors Watches, on one of the opposite banks of the nullahs,Michael Kors Watch, due to the insecurity following the invasion of Afghanistan by the Americans and Nato forces,Michael Kors, despite 36.Ïà¹ØµÄÖ÷ÌâÎÄÕÂ:
SOCCER http://www.recognizeonline.co.uk/uk2014/ifreerunningshoes3585s.asp?3585s=sports- nike-soccer-c-37_62.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us