Capturing Time and Date stamp with MiniDV for recording to computer or DVD

Frustrated with miniDV
Unregistered guest
Sorry tried the search and could not find what I wanted. We have several MiniDV cameras and need to make DVD copies with the Date/Time stamp on them. I hate to go back to analog but as you know the info is stored on a different track on the tape. For legal purposes our date/time stamp have to appear as the original. I have tried the one utility out there that I could find DTS1888 or something like that. Its difficult to work with plus requires running the entire film again. Does anyone have any better suggestions. I have spent like 20 hours on the phone with sony to no avail. I cannot imagine anyone in their guru designers that might not think someone would not want at some time a date and time stamp on some of their video or a captured still... Anyone care to help out? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered guest
Did you have any luck with this issue? If not, I'm going to return my sony dvd camcorder. I must have that date/time stamp on playback.
Thanks, paulbaeppler@msn.com

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 298
Something I learnt from the real video-meister on this site (Berny) is "You can't transfer the date, you have to put it in yourself on the final edited product." Here is the sister page with that Q&A.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/photography/84713.html

Sorry I can't give a more positive answer.

Unregistered guest
Hi,
You can write any text on your recording with ArcSoft VideoImpression
1.6. I bought a webcam and the programme comes with it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us