JVC GR-D53 AS vs Any other option

Username: Fars

GemWorld

Post Number: 1
hey all.. i just got a JVC GR-D53 AS as a gift. I still have the option to change it to another model. I need some help in that department.

Firstly the manual states that it doesnt have Digital Still photography option or a memory or SD card option on the D53 model. thats available in the GR-D93 & 73. Is that something i should focus on.

The optical zoom seems great at 16x, considerably more than D93 and most sony options i have so far looked at.

I wanted some feedback on the low light shooting capability, computer transference and editing capability and general overall performance of the Model (JVC GR-D53 AS) vs a better performing Sony (HC32 for example or JVC D93 or 73).

Is still photography something i will sorely miss in my camera. i already have a still camera. this is my first camcorder.

All owners of this model please let me know your experiences. i have four days left before i need to make the critical change/no change decision.

thanks all..

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3057
Do not focus on the still picture capability of the camcorder. It is mostly garbage when you already have a still camera for that purpose. No comparison.

What you may want to focus on would be the dvi output capability so you can easily transfer your footage to your PC or a dvd recorder. Of course all the other camcorder functions have to evaluated.

I've used JVC camcorders for a long time and I think they are great and easy to use. And the lowlight shooting capability is better than some. But if you really like low light shooting, a Canon will serve you better.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us