DCR-TRV250 No Sound--PLEASE help!

Username: Dr6pack

Post Number: 1
Please, please, Please help me. Not computer illiterate but need some detailed advice. Ok.. I hooked up with usb cable and have used both Windows Movie Maker and the Imagemixer 1.5 but I can't get sound no matter what I do or try. Should I get sound just by hooking up the USB? I'm going to get the 1394 cable but if it should already be working, I'm assuming it is a driver problem? If so, what am I looking for? What do I do.. details please, please... you can email directly to dawnandrosie@aol.com as well.

I should mention that my computer is should be fully capable. It is a HP Media Center 1170. States it can hold 140hrs of video etc.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 103
Rosie, as firewire is a much better method of transferring video than USB (even if USB works at all), I recommend that you go ahead and get that firewire cable and don't waste too much time trying to debug the USB connection. Post again if firewire doesn't solve it for you.

Cheers.

Username: Dr6pack

Post Number: 2
Thank you.. the firewire did work! Another question in case you can help.. How to hook up a VCR to get those home movies off... hmmm

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 122
Rosie,

As your camera does not have the video input feature, you will need to get a TV/capture card for your PC, such as those made by Leadtek. They are quite inexpensive.

Cheers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us