Canon L1 shut down due to "dew" condensation

Username: Fenderpitbull

Post Number: 1
I had my L1 Hi-8 video camera near a window and it was cold - I took it in my hands and moved to another part of the room and it shut down because of condensation. I've left it open in my room for 2 days and it still won't start. Has anyone had that problem? Any ideas of what to do? Thanks.

Unregistered guest
You are not alone, I have a Sharp Camera VL-Z3 , < 6mths old and it drives me crazy with this intermitten problem of DEW warning. I wish the manufactures could sincerely resolve this problem without cost to the user. A recall should be voted.

Username: Fenderpitbull

Hollywood, CA USA

Post Number: 2
I was successful in getting my L1 working again - I did it Fonzarelli style and tapped the camera kind of hard. It began working immediately. Everything works fine. I think something got stuck when the dew alarm came on and I jostled it enough to reset. Anyway, that's my situation. I'm not saying to hit your camera - yours is 6 months old mine is about 10 years old. Good luck!

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 416
that could happen Mondo Vila...that happens a lot when moisture gets trapped in the camera. The rubber and plastic parts tend to stick to the metal so you may have to move it around a bit.

sbrown
Unregistered guest
I have an L1 for sale.. Works perfect still in box. Will sell cheap!!!! e-mail Sbrown@hearst.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us