Canon Elura 50 does not work with my PC

Username: Boykob

Post Number: 1
Hi, All

I am seeking help in figuring out why my PC all of a sudden stopped recognizing / picking up connection of my Canon Elura 50 via firewire port.

Usually, computers with XP can sense the firewire connection by having a message popping on the screen, however, this time, nothing.

My pc is the most update one with all the drivers and everything is enabled in bios. 1394 is enabled.

Things I tried to do:

Reinstalling XP
Reinstalling 1394 drivers
Buying a new 1394 cord
Buying and Installing a new PCI 1394 card

I am out of options. Also, sometimes, DV-IN flashes and sometimes there is no DV-IN appearing at all when I connect firewire to the PC and Camera.

Is there some kind of reset button on the camera or something?

This camera is probably is already out of warranty, so I know shipping it to the manufacturer would be expensive and that was the only option Canon offerred to me for now.

Anyone has anything to offer about this issue? Maybe someone who had similar problem, how did you solve it? Am I overlooking something, please help.........

Username: Boykob

Post Number: 2
And also

I just noticed someone mentioning that such issues may happen because of XP2 drivers.

I haven't tried going back to XP1 drivers, I will try that tonight. I am not sure if that would fix it, but I am crossing my fingers.

Anyone has any other suggestions, please comment...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us