Sony DCR-HC 19E Capture

Anonymous

Hello

I have recently bought a Sony DCR-HC19E camera. I want to capture video recordings via my Winfast video capture card. Unfortunately, the picture from the Handycam looks very washed out when being viewed through the capture card. It also looks the same when using Windows MovieMaker with an input either from the Winfast video capture card or a USB cable. However, if the camera is run using the Picture Package software supplied with the camera and a USB cable, the picture quality looks OK.

My previous camera was a Sony Ruvi, which still works fine with the capture card (the Ruvi has no USB output).

The A/V output from the DCR-HC19E looks OK when plugged into the TV or the DVD player/recorder (under the TV), so it does only seem to be to be an issue with running the camera with the computer using anything other than the supplied software.

But surely the picture quality should look OK with the capture card shouldn't it? It's OK with the Ruvi. Is there anything I can try?

Thanks for any comments.

Anonymous

I'm so sorry. I just tried the Sony Ruvi on the video capture card only to find the same trouble exists. I think maybe it's one of those intermittent problems that just caught me between trying the different cameras. It appears it would be nothing to do with the new Handycam anyway.

Apologies for time wasting.

Anonymous

iam unable to dump the footage into my system by using the usb cable supplied by the company (sony DCR-HC19E) the picture package of 1.5 version is not recognizing the camcorder at all. My OS is windows 98.Should i change my OS or use iLink cable?

Unregistered guest
i bought the sony dcrhc19e because i was led to belive i would be able to take phot's as well as movies. there is a photo button on the corder but no way of reproducing the stills........nightmare what do you sggest

Richard Green
Unregistered guest
You can obtain the pictures by opening the window for the camcorder through Windows XP Scanners and Camera's - Normally found in Control Panel.

As for the USB Streaming. I have the DCR-HC19E also. I installed Picture Package and I have installed all the latest versions of the software patches and the USB drivers patches all available from http://www.sonydigital-link.com

I was getting a SCSIPORT.SYS BSOD after connecting the device. MS have a KB regarding this, but the Sony USB Driver update has cured it, although now I get a BSOD with an error of DRIVER_GREATER_THAN_OR_NOT_EQUAL when Picture Package starts. The Pixela helpdesk is useless, and there using a Half Duplex phone system which makes it very difficult to talk.

Instead I'm not using IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface, and a copy of Pinnacle Studio which works just fine. I have read online that the image quality is less through the USB Stremaing interface, but not that I can get Picture Package to work for long enough to now **Shakes Fist at Sony**

anupam mehta
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I Purchased DCR-HC19E but i could not able to view the camcorder on my laptop, i am trying to connect thru USB. Currently I am using Gateway laptop model no.MX6635B with Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.
Can anyone please update me with the solution.

Anonymous

i have brought Sony DCR-HC32E. I take still images but the quality is very poor, is there any setting problem? Help Me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us