Looking for a miniDV camcorder that can hook up to a DVDplayer/recorder

Username: Lmmartin23

Post Number: 1
Ok I'm looking to get a mini Dv camcorder but I want one that can be hooked up to a dvd player/recorder(writer) so I can transfer the video to a DVD. My computer doesn't have a DVD writer and I just bought it. So I thought I'd just buy a new DVD player that also writes DVD's, as I need a new DVD player also. Can someone tell me what camcorders will does this and what kind of cable I will need??

I would just ask the people at Best buy but most are no help and just try to get you to spend more money than needed around my area.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2878
You need a camcorder that has video outputs and a cable that can connect to a DVD recorder's video input.

1.Camcorder with video and audio output. Canon or JVC, take your pick.

2. Audio Video cable.

3. DVD recorder. This should already have an audio video input.

It is not unlike the old vhs camera into a vhs recorder. Only the formats have changed but the basic prosess is the same.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2879
You need a camcorder that has video outputs and a cable that can connect to a DVD recorder's video input.

1.Camcorder with video and audio output. Canon or JVC, take your pick.

2. Audio Video cable.

3. DVD recorder. This should already have an audio video input.

It is not unlike the old vhs camera into a vhs recorder. Only the formats have changed but the basic process is the same.

Post Number: 2
Thanks, so any model Canon or JVC will work?? Thanks so much

Gold Member

Post Number: 2880
Yes, just be wary of the output capability.

Post Number: 3
I've heard the Cannon Elura 65 is a nice one.?? What do you think?? Thanks again

Gold Member

Post Number: 2887
Excellent camera.

Unregistered guest
Has anyone had experience with Samsung SCD 453 mini DV? It seems to have great features for a very good price. My experience with other Samsung 35 mm cameras has bee positive.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us