Connecting Sony TRV255E on PC

Username: Okicizepa

Post Number: 1
Hello!
Few months ago I bought Sony TRV 255E camcorder and I want to connect it on my PC. I know how to connect it over the USB but I want to use firewire. I bought 4pin - 6pin cable... 4 pin in camcorder, and 6 pin in PC but nothing happens. I have Gigabyte 7n400 pro2 motherboard with integrated firewire - so it has to work... I read in manual that I have to use 4pin - 4pin cable, but I don't understand... I have both "holes" in my PC... If it doesn't work through one "hole" I don't see reason to work over the other... do I have to install something? Sony CD driver has only USB driver - nothing about firewire... device manager in PC says I have Texas Instruments OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 host controller - driver version 5.1.2535.0 from year 2001.... do I have to update anything? I didn't found any new drivers... what to do?
plz help

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2828
What is your operating system?
Is the firewire enabled?
Do you have a video editing software?

Username: Okicizepa

Post Number: 2
XP Pro
BTW I managed today to make it work... I only had to use 4pin-4pin cable and everything is ok...
sorry for bothering

Gold Member

Post Number: 2837
Glad to hear it. Have fun!

GJ
Unregistered guest
Hi Berny, You seem to be more knowledgeable. I have Sony Digital-8, connecting via USB to my Windows-XP... Am able to capture pictures. Fine. but NO audio. How to get audio too recorded along with movie ? please reply

Gold Member

Post Number: 2848
GJ, you may want to use an audio capture card as the USB may not transfer audio and video in the same stream. Use the audio output of your Sony digital 8.

Drewzio
Unregistered guest
I have a sony Digital-8, connecting via USB to my windows XP. My first problem is that i cant get audio to save to the VCD I create. The second problem is that I can't download the whole 60 minutes at once and can't chose the amount of time I want. Is there any other software that is available which s compatible the sofware provided by SONY poor. Someone please help. I may not understand your answers but at least I know a few clever computer brains who should be happy to interpret for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us