Video Questions Answered Here

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through July 05, 2005Gromit100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

orange soldier
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 11:01 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi......me And my friends want to make a biking video..and my rernts just bought a JVC mini DV camcorder....i dont no if any software came with it or5 we if we lost it but we dont have it...i dont no how to put the video onto my PC im running XP and im wondering ..do i need a firerwire or anything because it definetly didnt come wiht anyfire wire cables for the camera./..i just need some one to explain to me what i need to do to put my video onto my PC p[lease help thanks

-orange soldier
please answer ASAP
you can email me at... rob1231@hotmail.com
or lopes_soldier@hotmail.com

Username: Magzelliott48

Post Number: 1
hi, in My Computer myu IEEE has a yellow exclamation mark. I have removed software/driver, tried several times to re-install and upload drivers to no avail
any ideas???Thanks in advance
magz

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 394
magz,

What OS are you running?

When you re-install, do you also completely remove the firewire card?

Cheers.

orange soldier
Unregistered guest
GROMIT!!!!!! this is the 3rd time ive posted this messege....plz answer it PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....me And my friends want to make a biking video..and my rernts just bought a JVC mini DV camcorder....i dont no if any software came with it or5 we if we lost it but we dont have it...i dont no how to put the video onto my PC im running XP and im wondering ..do i need a firerwire or anything because it definetly didnt come wiht anyfire wire cables for the camera./..i just need some one to explain to me what i need to do to put my video onto my PC p[lease help thanks

-orange soldier
please answer ASAP
you can email me at... rob1231@hotmail.com
or lopes_soldier@hotmail.com

orange soldier
Unregistered guest
I respect everyones questions but plzz nobody aska question before gromit sees mine because hes missed it the last 2 times bacause of ppl asking questions after me so plz be patient as i have and ask your question after mine has been answered

thank you(orange soldier)

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
orange soldier,

To start this project, you will probably need to buy one or two things (all specific products are just suggestions - each person has their own preferences):

1) A firewire card to connect your camcorder to your PC.

Don't try to use USB unless there is absolutely no alternative. Firewire cards are very cheap (approx $20) and normally come bundled with a cable and video editing software. The editing software is also used for transferring the video to your PC. Both PCI and PCMCIA versions are readily available. For JVC camcorders, use of firewire cards made with TI chipsets is recommended. An unconfirmed list of PCI cards with TI chipset is:
ADS Tech-PYRO PCI 64 (Circuit City)
Belkin F5U503 (Wal Mart, Comp USA)
Pinnacle DVClip
Pinnacle DV/AV
Syba VIA (pcimicro.com)

An unconfirmed list of PCMCIA cards with TI chipset is:
Belkin F5U513
ADS Tech-Pyro 1394DV for Notebooks

2) A DVD burner

The more expensive models will normally come equipped with quite decent software for making DVDs. By "making DVDs" I mean the way you set up menus, file structures etc. This process is also know as "authoring".

3) Some software

Ulead make a suite of programmes that will cover all your needs. It's easy to use and actually comes bundled with some DVD burners, such as Pioneer. There are two types of software: capture/edit and DVD authoring.

Capture/edit:

Ulead VideoStudio: supplied with Pioneer DVD burners (retail version), many firewire cards, and can sometimes be found free on the cover of PC Magazines.
Roxio VideoWave (the one I usually use). I got mine supplied with a firewire card, but normally I think you have to buy this one
Moviemaker: supplied as part of Windows XP.

Authoring:

Ulead Moviefactory: supplied with Pioneer DVD burners (retail version) or can be bought on-line

Just FYI, the basic steps of making home DVDs are:

1) connect the camera using firewire (you only need to buy a card if your PC is not already equipped with firewire ports) and capture the raw footage. An important note here: make sure at least the camcorder, and preferably the PC is turned off when you connect the cable into your camcorder. This is to prevent possible damage to the camcorder firewire port.
2) edit the raw footage into useable video clips
3) drag and drop the clips into a DVD authoring package and burn the DVD

You can check out this guide for assistance on using Ulead VideoStudio to transfer video from your camcorder to your PC: http://www.jonesgroup.net/media/videostudiodvcaptureone.htm

A lot of the information in the above guide is superfluous though - if you just read the first and last pages you probably have enough to get you started.

I don't have a "how to" reference for MovieFactory but it is quite intuitive to use. You can also find a lot of "how to" guides at www.videohelp.com.

Hope that helps.

Unregistered guest
HI,

I have a JVC camcorder that is about 2 years old, I can't remember the exact brand.

I recently bought a firewire card and cable etc to install into my Pentium 4 pc, the installation went well and I have been able to transfer my video to the pc.

I am using Windows Movie Maker to edit and have found that I have had to convert the file once edited so I am able to burn to DVD.

I used a trial of AVS video onverter software to convert and burn just to test.

I was successful in converting and burning onto DVD but when I played it on my DVD player the video was slow and had studdering frames.

Is there something that I should be doing or maybe another converting software to use that is better? Or is it occuring from something else?

Please advise as I would love for this to work properly for me so I can play all my videos on my TV and have the quality as if I was converting via VHS.

Cheers

Silver Member

Post Number: 409
Sharna,

two suggestions:

1) make sure you are not dropping frames during video capture. If Moviemaker doesn't give you a read-out of dropped frames, try Ulead VideoStudio or Rovio VideoWave. Both are available for trial. If you ARE dropping frames, you need to look at the performance of your system.

2) To make the DVD, use a DVD authoring package such as Ulead Moviefactory, also available for trial as a download.

The end result should give you MUCH better quality than VHS.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers

44 orange
Unregistered guest
Hi Gromit,
I have a JVC DVL5200 and having problems. Was told by the camera to "clean head", so I did. But the problem came when I put the tape in it read on the screen "UNIT IN SAFEGUARD MODE, EJECT AND REINSERT TAPE". It will not allow me to do anything else. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dan

Username: Ziyilitony

Maryland Heights, Missouri USA

Post Number: 2
Hi,
I have a problem to transfer video movies from video camera to my computer. I have a sony DCR-HC 21 video camera. When I used fire wire 1394 cable to perform this transfer, video movies can be transferred, but date on the movies cannot be transferred. I can see the date on the screen of video camera, but captured video movies did not have date. When I playback the transferred movies on the computer, quality and sound was pretty good, but there was no date on the movies. Software I used to capture video came with the video camera I bought. That is called "Picture Package". Dose anyone know how to solve this problem?? I have struggled to solve this problem for very long time.

Thanks,

zoom averse
Unregistered guest
Hi,
My Panasonic NV-GS60 has a "usefull" function - zoom microphone. It is usefull if I record for example a concert (you zoom the singer and the voice zooms accordingly-cool), but I do most of my recordigs in nature, and the zoom microohone is really useless. For example you sit in a coach and record the scenec passing by through the window. When you zoom a distant object, the sound of the coach motor transforms into horrible noise.
Now, is there any way to disable this feature?
Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 419
zoom averse,

I presume you have read the manual without finding the answer you seek.

Have you tried an external mike?

Cheers.

zoom averse
Unregistered guest
Hello,
Yes, of course I have read the manual all through, before asking a question like "How to swithch my camcorder on and off?" in the forum.
There is not a single word, hint or clue how to turn off the zoom microphone feature. I did not try external mic, because it is not so convenient when recording outdoors. What I do instead is closing the microphone with a cellotape.
But I hope there is a way to solve the problem...
Thanks a lot.

Bronze Member
Username: Coolchristina

Yucaipa

Post Number: 12
Hi i have a question I recently bought DVD+r but ULEAD wont burn on it so what DVDs do i need to make movies.

Unregistered guest
hey gromit.....i know this is for video qeustions..but i cant get help anywhere else on the site and you know your sh*t...your last advice was perfect thanks alot...so i wondering..... i just got my computer back from being fixed..before i was using my friends to ask you questions..and i went to play some music and sound was made... so i went into the sound properties and it says that there are no sound mixers hooked up..i tried 3 sets os soeakers..i dont no what to do...plz help gromit..if you can

- orange soldier

Unregistered guest
I have Panasonic NV-GS-120. I want to transfer the video from that to my PC. I have a USB cable. I have Windows movie maker. Is it possible to do the transfer using USB calbe? If so how? Else what is the next option? Do I have to get any other connector?

Silver Member

Post Number: 455
vishvas,

I have answered this question on the other page where you posated.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
Morning! I have Sony DCR HC32E, but it can't be detected by my firewire connection, only USB works. I use Win XP. Can u help me solve it? I borrow, Sony TRV, and my firewire worked. But not for my DCR HC32E

Silver Member

Post Number: 488
Kucel,

As the DV port in camcorders can sometimes fail, you should quickly try your camcorder on a friend's PC before immediately concluding that there is a compatibility issue between your system and your specific camera.

Let me know.

Cheers

Silver Member

Post Number: 494
Orange soldier,

(Sorry, just noticed your July 18 post)

It sounds like your PC has been rebuilt or something. Probably you now need to re-install the drivers and/or application for your sound card. This is normally required regardless of whether your sound card is built into your motherboard, or a PCI add-on card.

Check the CDs that you got with your computer or possibly ask the guy that fixed it if he can enable the sound mixer etc. for you.

By the way, trying various speakers externally is not going to help with this problem.

Hope that helps.

Unregistered guest
I have sony Digital8 TRV350 Handycam.
I could transfer movies from it to my laptop using Image Mixer Software supplied with the handycam. But audio is not copied. When I play back by connecting the Handycam through USB, all I could see is movie-no audio. What am I missing?.

Anonymous

I just had some great help on this forum with getting my Sony Hi8 cdd trv98e linked up to my computer and thought that would be it. Sure that was only the beginning. Fortunately there are some people here with the knowledge it takes to help me out so I hope someone has time. First off: I don't get sound when playing back from the harddrive. I connected Sony to my tv-card which has video capability (Terratec TValue) through s-video and one seperate cable for sound. Second problem is which codec to use. I don't have lots of harddrive to play with so I want it as much compressed as possible but still kind of middel of the road standard so it can be played on most standard computers. Also I probably need to know where to get the codec from. All/any help/tips most appreciated!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 513
Anonymous,

Re sound:

- I'm assuming your "one cable" does indeed carry left and right sound channels

- try to check using some other monitor system that you really are getting sound coming out from your camcorder

- check in your cpature programme that it is set to use your video card to capture sound

- for playback, make sure you haven't muted "wav".

Re CODECs

Capture programmes such as Ulead VideoStudio (which should recognise your video card with any luck) have a number of templates, each with their own CODEC. Try experimenting with some of those. By, the way, Indeo 5 is one that I have found effective.

Cheers.

Username: Lennart

Thanks Gromit, you're being a great help. The sound problem appears to be a driver problem. The wdm driver is crashing when I start the tv/video application. Didn't try Ulead yet, will first try and find some other drivers.
As for the codec, I also tried Indeo 5.1, but wasn't all that impressed with th result. these are the codes that Terratec recommands and not, however, almost all of them give me problems when trying to play back in windows media Player:

Terratec codecs

Answer 18:
Not all Video-Codecs shown in all software can be used. The following preinstalled Windows Codecs should work although a high system performance is required:

Cinepak Codec - Radius
MJPEG Compressor (mostly problemaatic in high resolution (720x576))
Microsoft Video 1
DV Video Encoder (only works with a resolution of 720x576)
Intel Indeo 5.10 (only works with RGB-color -- Please activate "Quick Compress" in the codec settings)
Intel Indeo Video R3.2
Microsoft RLE (only works with RGB-color)
Microsoft Video 1
Our experience has shown that the following codecs cant be used for recording with the Cinergy software:

Intel 4:2:0 Video V2.50
Microsoft H.261 Video Codec
Microsoft H.263 Video Codec
WMVideo Encoder DMO
WMVideo8 Encoder DMO

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
Lennart,

These were the Indeo 5.06 settings that worked well for me (to produce a file to be played on a PC):

Indeo 5 codec, 384 x 288, 25 fps, audio interleave, 100%. And for NTSC, change to 320 etc.

Keep me informed....

Cheers.

Many thanks for that Gromit. The sound however seems to be a hard nut to crack. I reinstalled Windows (XP), reinstalled the drivers. I now get excellent sound (and picture) from the tv-card when playing tv (didn't before). I get excellent sound from whatever I do on the computer, I get no sound when playing back video. I hear the sound when recording to pc (from camcorder) but none of it comes out when playing back. Audio cable is the same as I use from tv-card to audio-card (built in Via chip) and that works fine. Could it still be I need another audio cable for recording? Checked all settings for line in and mute; all ok.

Post Number: 3
Instead of using audio in of the tv-card, I now tried line in of the soundcard while recording. I then did get sound when playing back together with a whole lot of buzzing. Yet is this the way to go about it or am I on the wrong track here?

Silver Member

Post Number: 520
Lennart,

I would use this "sound card" approach only during debugging as you may lose synchronisation between video and audio.

Re buzzing: check again that you have every other audio source muted except for the one you want. It might also be worth physically unplugging the TV aerial while you are experimenting with this.

When you say you hear the sound during recording, I presume you mean through the PC speakers. That means your audio cable is OK, right?

You should also try obtaining some other video file to make sure you can hear the sound on that. If so, then your recording settings must be somehow wrong, although I bet you have checked them a thousand times already....

I'm amazed you have already re-installed XP! You must be getting desperate!

I'll keep trying to think of other ideas to try.

Cheers.

Post Number: 4
Thanks Gromit, great help again! I was really getting desperate but I now see there are some things I haven't tried. Didn't try muting everything else so that's the next step and I'll also disconnect tv-cable. Hope something gives. Thanks again for the great support!

Post Number: 5
Sorry, that didn't work either. I'm more and more suspecting it's hardware related. In the Cinergy faq I find the following:

Question 9:
In my video recording, I have a picture, but no sound?
Answer 9:
In the Cinergy TV software you should select the Cinergy Audio Capture Device, since it ensures video and audio are synchronized. In third party software, please select the LINE-IN as recording source. Connect the Audio-output of the Cinergy with the Line input of your sound card. Use for this the supplied mini-jack cable.

I cannot choose the cinergy audio capture device because there is no such option. I wrote Terratec about it but the answer was not very helpful:

please make sure you have choose your soundcard as audio capture device,
because you have connect your soundoutput of your sourcedevice with the
line in of your soundcard.

Tried different kinds of software: intervideo dvd creator, Benq dv creator and Microsoft's mvie maker. All with the same result: Brilliant picture, no sound.
Wile recording I messed a bit with the audio cable jack in and out. This should result in some noise I thought when playing back. Not a sound! Clueless.

Silver Member

Post Number: 534
Lennart,

I think you might need to tell me the exact model number of your Cinergy card.

This is my interpretation of what Cinergy are telling you and what you are observing:

1) It appears that your TV/video capture card might not have external audio IN.

2) Cinergy advise you that when you are using Cinergy TV software (which presumably captures from UHF), select Cinergy audio, because the audio and video, both demuxed from the UHF channel inside the Cinergy card, will obviously be synchronised.

3) Cinergy advise you that if you are using a third party software, which for some reason doesn't recognise the audio part of the Cinergy card, you capture video from the Cinergy card direct, and cross-connect Cinergy audio output (which is nominally there so that you can play back through a sound system while watching TV on your PC) to the sound card and just trust that synchronisation is maintained once the sound is captured through the sound card.

All of the above is specific to "from UHF" capture.

If I am right, then the implication is that for capturing an external source, such as an analogue camcorder, you will indeed need to connect to both cards: video to Cinergy and audio to the sound card. During capture, you may well hear audio EVEN IF IT ISN'T BEING CAPTURED. This is simply because the sound card is "playing back" the sound coming in. For most sound cards, there are two sets of input controls: one for playback, one for record. You need to make sure that "Line In" is selected as the RECORDING option. You can test this independently of your video capture programme using "Sound recorder" or similar.

Please try that and get back to me - with the Cinergy model number if you haven't cracked it already.

Does that help at all?

Cheers.

Post Number: 6
Thanks for that Gromit. The tv-card doesn't have a number it's just called TValue. It's been discontinued so technical data about it is scarce. However, I'll attach a file with a picture. That card is the exact same only this one has a an extra radio connection on the outer side next to the s-video.

I had another communication from Terratec :

please check in the devicemanager if 4 devices are installed under Audio-, Video and Gamcontroller.
- TerraTV Tuner
- TerraTV Audio Capture
- TerraTV Crossbar
- TerraTV Video Capture

Just if this are listed in the devicemanger then the driver are correcly installed. Then you can normaly choose under 'Settings' -> 'Capture' the 'Audio Capture Device' as device and 'Line In' as source.

I have all of those 4 devices in my device manager but still no audio capture device in my Cinergy software as he says I should have.

Here's a link to the card I have:
http://productsen.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=12

and:
http://productsen.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=27

Upload

Hope this gives you some sort of picture. Thanks again for helping me out here. Need all the help I can get!

Post Number: 7
I now found a helpfile for this particular card (that I didn't find before). It reads as follows:

Question 11:
After recording, the video films show a picture, but there is no sound.

Answer 11:
For recording a video sequence with sound, first the output of the tv card has to be connected with the line-in of the soundcard. Therefore please use the small cabel which is included in the package. When this has been done, you must configure your soundcard so that the sound is recorded by the line-in. Therefore double click on the speakersystem in the system tray and choose options/properties. Select the option "volume control for" the "recording" and confirm this with "ok". Activate the line-in and adjust the slider to the middle position. Now the configuration is finished and you should be able to record a video sequence with sound.

So, from this I gather, correct me if I'm wrong, that I should connect my tv-card with my sound card with the supplied audio cable (the one that I now use for connecting my camcorder to my pc) AND connect my camcorder to my pc with yet another audio cable from camcorder to audio-in on my tv-card. (???)

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
Lennart,

You appear to be exactly correct in your interpretation, although the logic is really wierd. If the Cinergy card has audio in (which it does, you can see on the picture), why on earth would you cross-connect audio out to the sound card rather than have the Cinergy card capture the audio - or connect direct to the sound card? The only explanation I can think of is that Cinergy tried to cut costs by not including sound capture, but faced a problem regarding synchronisation. There may be a small delay circuit built in to the audio circuit between In and Out so that the sound sampled by the sound card is synched up with the video. I'm just guessing.

So, do test recording using your sound card and Windows Sound Recorder. Then, try exactly as they instruct. As a debugging back up, try the two-cables config I described above.

Cheers.

Post Number: 8
Right, I am quite hopeful that this is the solution. I'll go and buy another audio cable and give it another whirl. Thanks again for helping me out m8, much appreciated!

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
Lennart,

You're welcome! I'm waiting with bated breath...

Cheers.

Post Number: 9
Going nuts! Will take a break and get back later next week. Thanks for all the help!

Username: Madsen

When I go back to Iraq I plan on making a movie of my company. I need a helmet camera compatable with a decent mini dv or dvd camcorder. Do both the camera and camcorder have to have the same size tv lines? I.E. 520. And what size ccd is is recommended. Also for the camera to work with the camcorder it has to have A/V input, which brands are better?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3265
christopher,
If you are planning on making a movie of your company, do not use a dvd camcorder. Stick to mini DV tape. DVD camcorders do not like the hard jarring action that tape can handle.

amu123
Unregistered guest
HI GROMIT,
I WANTED TO BUY A CAMCORDER WHICH WOULD

1)RECORD TV VIDEO
2)RECORD SONGS FROM RADIO
3)EASILY TRANSFER THEM TO MY PC
4)& AT A CHEAPER RATE

ALSO THE QUALITY OF THE VIDEO SHOULD BE GOOD FOR BURNING THEM INTO VCD'S.THERE ARE SO MANY CAMCORDERS IN THE MARKET THAT IT'S VERY CONFUSING TO SELECT ONE OF THEM HAVING ALL THE QUALITIES.ALSO IAM NOT SURE ABOUT OTHER ACCESORIES (LIKE USB CABLE OR FIREWIRE)TO BE BOUGHT ALONG WITH THE CAMCORDER.PLEASE HELP(& PLEASE DON'T LAUGH AT MY QUESTION).

Silver Member

Post Number: 549
amu123,

try here: https://www.ecoustics.com/editorial/reviews/camcorder

Cheers.

Sreejesh
Unregistered guest
I am confused with the Firewire and DV out terminals. Is there any relationship between them? Please explain.

Silver Member

Post Number: 557
Sreejesh,

"DV in/out", "IEEE 1394", "Firewire" and "i-Link" are four terms for the same thing.

Cheers.

Username: Lacrosse14

Help????????

How do you transfer video from DVR-TRC350(Sony) to VHS w/ time/date stamp. Can transfer it but without the time/date stamp. Sony is horrible to deal with !!!!! Please help...

Thanks, Mike

Silver Member

Post Number: 567
Mike,

Are you sure you want to copy DV to VHS? VHS quality is a disaster compared to DV. However, if you are determined to do that, when you connect your camcorder to your VHS VCR, it should record whatever you normally see on your TV when you play back the tape on the DV camcorder.

Cheers.

Username: Blackafterdark

How do I transfer a video from a sony Mini DV Digital Video Cassette ( tape ), to (San Disk )memory stick.

Please send me your responds.
Thanks.
Mel

Unregistered guest
I have DCR-TRV260 sony handycam. I have recording in cassette and now I want to write them to my computer. I have installed Picture package Menu software provided along with handycam. I am using Automatic video producer option to make video. While doing that there is tab for music setting which gets recorded. Where as I dont want background music and I want original sound in the video. I dont see the option to disable the music settings background music. Please advise...

tre
Unregistered guest
I have recently bought a sony dcr trv 480. It does not come with a fire wire or and ieee 1394. I plan on getting one but i dont no if i should get a 6 to 4 pin or a 4 to 4 pin. What is the difference?

Unregistered guest
i have the new windows 64 bit xp pro edition and i cant capture any video with my firewire connection and my usb driver is only for windows 32 bit xp pro edition. i wanna kno y i cant capture onto my computer n also is there a usb driver for my panasonic NVGS15 camcorder?

Unregistered guest
Yeah, I've seen this question asked in quite a few forums but am yet to see a straight answer....I have an Aiptek dv5300 that connects via USB and am looking for a free program or quick fix that will allow me to use it as a webcam in yahoo messenger. I have no problem using it as a webcam in other services such as Earthcam tv.

SleazyMartini
Unregistered guest
Yeah, I've seen this question asked in quite a few forums but am yet to see a straight answer....I have an Aiptek dv5300 that connects via USB and am looking for a free program or quick fix that will allow me to use it as a webcam in yahoo messenger. I have no problem using it as a webcam in other services such as Earthcam tv.

dani_ordodi
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony DCR-HC14E Mini DV Handycam and a HUGE problem : i cannot transfer what i'we shot to my PC using the Picture Package version 1 :-(
i'we downloaded all awailable versions of this software from 1.0 to 1.8, havn't tried them all yet, but is there another software that i can use to just simply transfer the footages to the harddisk without adding those effects found in Picture Package, i mean i don't want to moddifie my film with their ready-made effects ! Please help me with this, i don't know wht to do anymore ! I don't have IEEE 1394 on my PC, just USB, and the machine is a p4 at 3 GHz with with 512 MB RAM, and awith all the trimmings, Win XP SP2.

Victor M
Unregistered guest
Is there any way to salvage a Mini DV tape if it is wet by accident? Just curious if there's any way of treating it that might save it. Appreciate any advice.

Unregistered guest
I have Panasonic PV-GS35 and my laptop has XP with all the latest updates including SP 2. When ever I try to download movie using the USB, I get message PC does not support USB 2.0.

I don't know what to. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3988
Victor M
You should be fine just let it dry on its own and make sure that the area is free from humidity. Do not force dry the tape.

Victor M
Unregistered guest
Berny- Thanks. Actually it wasn't water. I think it's ruined b/c the tape wouldn't run through the camera. Now the camera needs repair.

Eppie
Unregistered guest
I want to transfer vhs to dvd and keep the best quality possible. What is the best way to do this? Is it better to buy a dvd recorder or is it better to use a PC and purchase an analog video capture device , video card or IEEE 394 Firewire)?

Unregistered guest
hey gromit

u seem very helpful so i would be delighted if you could help me with my question...

i have a Canon MV530i and i would like to put the video footage from my cam onto the computer and make a movie, i have a USB cord that i have tried to use but nothing happens when ive plugged everything up.
do i need sometype of cable/card or whatever to get it to work?

thanks a load plllzzz wb
brooke

Brooke..
Unregistered guest
can anybody help me with the above question asap
pppppllllllllllllzzzzzz
i would appreciate it alot! :-)

Unregistered guest
Hi, Wondering if anyone could help me, i have a panasonic nvgs15 and wont to know can i record things on it through the AV Input? thanks. please email me, ysmilem@hotmail.com

Username: Postvikram

HI, Pls help..
I have a Canon ZR85 which is an year old.It was working perfectly till last week.I charged the battery and got ready to shoot and found that the Video was no longer coming up in the View finder or the LCD. Iam able to record only the sound and not the video..(The Lens cover is off for sure :-) ).I see only a black screen which flickers once when I open the LCD and nothing happens after that.. Can anyone let me know if this is correctable? Or should I take it to a service center for sure? Your help is much appreciated.

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have ZR90, I wanted to download video from miniDV tape to the PC. I do not have the DV cable i can use only USB. Please let me know the way to transfer data from cassete to my PC.

Thanks
Satish

Username: Oothewilloo

I have made and edited a video on my computer and now im trying to transfer my edited video back onto my camera so i can take the edited video from my camera and put it on a VHS.

Im using a Sony DCR-TRV260/265

Username: Oothewilloo

what should i do?

Anth
Unregistered guest
I have a 4ch video capture card, how would i use one of the channels as a webcam?

Anonymous

I have Sony Digital8 camcoder, I am trying shot film but my LCD and/or view finder both show blank (I have removed the cover also). I donot know what went wrong. It was working fine some time back. Can you please help me.

Unregistered guest
Where can i get a driver to let my canon mv530i mini DV recorder be compatible with my pc?

chatraparthi
Unregistered guest
I had finally sucessfully transferd the video on tape to CD through fire wire.
First connect your firewire to ur camera and to ur PC.
I have used Nero samrt to burn the CD.
In that only one option is there for capture the video click on that and play the video.
while playing click on the record button and after completion click on that record button only.
so the video is stored in defalut location that is my documents--neroversion--capture video.
the size of video is in gigabytes but if u addfiles in the nerosamrt it will automatically come to actual size that is in MB. burn ur CD thats it.

Have A Nice Day

chatraparthi
Unregistered guest
I had finally sucessfully transferd the video on tape to CD through fire wire.
First connect your firewire to ur camera and to ur PC.
I have used Nero samrt to burn the CD.
In that only one option is there for capture the video click on that and play the video.
while playing click on the record button and after completion click on that record button only.
so the video is stored in defalut location that is my documents--neroversion--capture video.
the size of video is in gigabytes but if u addfiles in the nerosamrt it will automatically come to actual size that is in MB. burn ur CD thats it.

Have A Nice Day

Alex12345232345
Unregistered guest
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HELP!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i have a MV530i (Cannon) and i can't get it to work. does any one have a idea on how to help me????
=======================have a nice day=========================================

asdfzxcv
Unregistered guest
Gromit...please help! I have some home video of my kids that was shot on a high 8 camera and now i'm trying to transfer it over to mini-dv so i can edit. It will record for a while and then it flashes "copyright protected" and stops recording. How can it be "copyright protected" if it's home video? And how can i get around this problem? Thanks a bunch for your help!

Username: Tommy_t_gas

Hi, Can someone help me? I'm new to the video thing... I recently acquired a sony dcr-trv25 and shot some footage and then proceeded to capture via firewire, using movie maker, roxio, and adobe premier, the process would go okay for the first couple of seconds and then i would get an error stating that the connection to the video device was lost. When i press stop on the camcorder, the connection returns... could this be a driver problem? or perhaps a version issue?
I'd really appreciate any help you could extend to me... thank you.

cather
Unregistered guest
My sony DCR TRV 520 recently broke. I need a way to get my old 8mm digital tapes to my PC. I was hoping to buy something used on ebay. Any thoughts.
Thanks rb

Username: Rvp

I have a sony trv240 handycam. when i connect it to my pc using a firewire cable the handycam is not detected. i have video studio. IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers is displayed in the device manager but not imaging device is displayed. i found out that my device needs to be listed as an imaging device. I wanted to copy my VHS onto to pc. Pleaseeeeee help me. Thanks.

robert blaze
Unregistered guest
i have a samsung vp-d101
protection flashes on the view screen but the tape protection isnt on.
what else could this be?
Thanks Rob

casper1806
Unregistered guest
hey there, quick question i have some baby vids that i want to transfer to dv then to the pc i know how to go from dv to pc fine but i cant get it to work from vhs to dv help!!!!! i am browing the school and have to have it back tomorrow

SGM123
Unregistered guest
I am trying to record clips of a few of my DVDs to make a presentation for my organization (we have a licence to do this!). However, the DVD's are copyright protected and my camcorder (sony DVD100) won't let me record. Any ideas how to get around this?

Username: Keltoid

Hi - I want to record some vhs tapes I have onto my computer and edit it. I have a mini dvd but have been told its not the kind that I can do this with. So I tried to record onto my Sony Handicam TRV-25, but it appears I can't do that either. How can I get my vhs tapes that I want into my computer to edit and burn on a dvd?? Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated!!

egabriel75
Unregistered guest
Hi Awesome P,
Let's see if you can help me w/this one. I was recently on a diving trip and saw some people using digital cameras with their underwater housings to take pics. and videos.
The results were excellent, my dive buddy used a very simple Casio something with 7MP and took very nice pics. and even videos of our dive. I am starting to look for a system that allows me to do both, picture taking and video. I am new to this son am not familiar with DVD or MiniDV or Digital 8 and the whole shebang. Obviously it's for diving purposes so it would be a system that has access to an underwater housing. THANX for your answer.

Username: Jlee208

i have a jvc hdd camcorder, i would like to transfer the info to ms. movie maker, although i am havinging difficulity doing this? any suggestions?

vkp
Unregistered guest
hi can anybody help me for gettng the driver of CANAON ZR -90 for windows XP i want to transfer video on comp and then burn that

u can mail me at vineet_pathak20000@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
i have PANSONIC NV-GS15 video cam. I am not able to transfer my video to PC using the software by the manufacturer. i have heard we can do with fire wire. please give the procedure how to do ?. give the list of accessories required to do this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5606
Make sure your PC is up to date and has firewire capabilities and make sure that you camera has a DV out as well.

Then read through this thread to find out what else you need and how it is done.

wolfie
Unregistered guest
I have a sony video8 handycam ccd-tr75e and want to convert the tapes onto my pc then onto dvd any suggestions on what i will need to get up and running. I have read some of the previous comments and need some assistance

thanks

Username: Swati

Kuwait, Kuwait Kuwait

i have a sony handycam Model DCR-HC40E, I want to convert the tapes on to a Cd. Please guide me step by step, since I am unable to locate the User Guide/manual. Please also can u suggest if I can get the manual online.
Thanx

Anonymous

Can i transfer the video from my digital camcorder to my stand alone DVDR using,firewire,svideo,regular video,out of my camcorder.I want to transfer my movies to DVD-R.

Username: Supercoach19

I have a Sony handycam and use Pinnacle 9 software to capture video to my computer. The software tells me that I can only capture 17 minutes on my hard drive... thats ok so being on a net work I source another computer which has a larger capacity hard drive and select it. Pinnacle tells me that it will allow 45 mins of capture. My problem is that capture still stops at 17 minutes. Why is this? Could it be that because Pinnacle deafults to the capacity of my hard drive when actually capturing??? If so is there a work around?

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a JVC GR-D33AG camcorder. Recently the problem in that is I am not able to see things while recording.
Once recorded I can only hear the sound, but there is no display.
But before there was no such problems. The display and sound were proper earlier.

Unregistered guest
WHY IS THE SONY DCR-TRV480 DIGITAL8 CAMCORDER BEING DISCONTINUED?

Unregistered guest
Hi there, right my question:- I have a canon MV530I - and I have just recently got a new home computer.... I can remember chucking the other one with the hardware that came with it out! I thought there may be another way to connect up and get my videos across and was hoping a guru like yourself could help? I have plugged the USB in but the computer does not reconise it even when turned on!
Is there another way? Many thanks in advance!

Unregistered guest
Very simply I would like to put music and photos together using windows movie maker. However I cannot seen to be able to record to a suitable disc that will play in a DVD player. I can record to cd-rw and play it on the computer but anything else comes up as cannot be played or unknown error in recording. Any ideas please?

Username: Asim

Shikarpur, Sindh Pakistan

I recentlly purchse Handycam TRV480 which are digital 8 type but it have a same DV interface, as in DV cameras.
Now whenever i transfer video to my PC via USB it is not good as i was ecpect..
Then now i decided to purchase a firewire cable and firewire PCI card for my computer to transfer my video, but i am very doubtlly that, will i get as much exact results as when i play my video directlly from my handycam on TV? I extremelly want the same result on my computer.. then I will burn CD or DVD. but i want to be sure that IEEE 1394 will be better for my expectations or not.???
pls help me about this . tell me tha, what quality will be remain when transfering via IEEE 1394? how much purcents will be loss? or will it the same 100%
? This is My same question to Gromit and all of you,,
pls reply me.

Louis McClure
Unregistered guest
I am trying to record practice job interviews for a non profit organization which helps people in job search. I would like a camera that will connect to a dvd / vhs recorder and directly record without having to have a tape or mini dvd in the camera (too prone to user error). I simply want the camera to pick up the video and audio send it through the DV cable to the recording unit - sounds simple, but I have not been able to find a solution. Any help greatly appreciated

Username: Asim

Shikarpur, Sindh Pakistan

pls anyone send me the photos & movies sample, taken from sony DCR_TRV480 rec on Memory-Stick...!
pls help me anyone send to my e-mail: asimzb@gmail.com

Username: Aprils

Hi i have this CAnon ZR600 how can i transfer video files into my laptop it is dell inspiron B120 and what kind of Firewire should i buy? I was able to transfer the photos but can't transfer the videos, help please, thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6821
Have you read through this thread?

Personally I see lots of questions, not lots of answers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6937
And if you look hard you'd see that they are mostly the same questions. Only one answer.

Well, yes I always look for the answer first before I post, but my specific situation was I have a DV camcorder that cannot be connected to the computer at all. I have since moved on to other sites looking for alternatives involved recording directly from my vcr as I can't find any answers to what to do about this stupid dv camcorder that doesnt allow you to plug it into a computer. It was not the best purchase, but I didn't buy it either.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7000
What kind of output does your camcorder have?

What kind of input is your computer capable of acecepting?

Determine those first before proceeding.

Username: Dulli

Dear all,

Can anyone help me to capturing a pictures from my JVC GR-33D to may XP OS's laptop using a S-Video connection? My laptop didn't detect any new hardware when I connected my GR-33D to my laptop. What should I set either my GR-33D or laptop. Thank you for your quick respons

Username: Aman_cool_21

Kanpur, U.p. India

ia have problem with my camcorder i have sony dcr-hc42e and my computer is compaq presario with firewire port encluded i want to conectmy camera via firewire cable but my computer does not detect the camera (when i connect to camera to p.c. in camera's l.c.d. a massege dv in is shown) how can i connect camera to p.c. olease help me my firmware is properlly instaaled on p.c.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us