Rip Off Abe's of Maine

Anonymous

I ordered a Sony camcorder dcr-hc1000. When I placed the order over the phone the person said it was in stock, and I gave him my cc information and he said it will ship the next business day which will be on a Monday two day air. I did not get it until over a week later from that Monday that it shipped out. I called them about the late delivery and they were very rude to me over the phone, they said they do not give credit for late deliveries, and told me to take it up with the shipping company. When I opened the shipping box the camcorder was opened and the accessories was missing the manual. I called them again and they said go to Sony's web site and download it, I asked for a RMA and they would not give me one. This really pissed me off and they said they were a authorized Sony dealer, I called Sony and they said they are not, just my luck. I found some paper work in the shipping box that was some kind of receipt from a place called Huppins/OneCall, I'm made to believe that is their source for Sony camcorders. Stay clear from Abe's they are a rip off! I have called the New York BBB and SAG's office about them.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
This has been proven over and over, 100% guaranteed and expected from such dealers. Didn't you knew Abe's of Maine is NOT located in Maine but in Crooklyn **cough** i meant, Brooklyn???

They {Abe's and all the others} tend to have lots of stolen goods from actual authorized dealers located on the west coast. Huppins/Onecall.com is an authorized reseller for Sony products amoung many other brands. You would have gotten a much better deal, some peace of mind and even financing if you would have purchased your camera from them or Vann's.

A good word of advise to you and to everyone who read this; STAY AWAY FROM BROOKLYN DEALERS! nothing good has even come out of there and nothing ever will.

You did good by reporting them to the BBB but i seriously doubt NYC authorities will follow on it, this is exactly why these dealers are running scams like these, their local authorities won't bother to do anything to put a stop to it.

Contact your credit card company ASAP and inform them the camera you'd purchased is defective, it's missing some accessories and that you became aware that it's a stolen SKU from another dealer and Abe's won't help you resolve the situation, Hopefully they might be able to offer you a resolution.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
In addition;

Not only you should keep an eye to Brooklyn-based dealers, but too ALL NYC dealers including the famous J&R Music and Computer World, which have clouds of doubts over them.

If you insist in dealing with any of these so-called "dealers" based on their low prices, including J&R, run a "Authorized Reseller" check with the manufacturer before any transaction is made. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

In the case of J&R Music and Computer World ask the manufacturers if they're are authorized resellers OUTSIDE NYC. They claim to be authorized for all brands on all 50-states and U.S. territories, but the truth is some brands had only authorized them to sell in NYC, NJ and PA., and a few others only in NYC.

Andy2
Unregistered guest
Purchased a camcorder from Abe's. They were quick to take the order and get to the camera to me.

It broke within a week and I couldn't get the tape out. They said to send back the camera and they would send back the tape.

After I sent it back, I called to inquire about the tape - they said the camera was shipped to Canon. Canon said they need a reference # from Abe's. I called Abe's numerous times, no one has any answers - guess I'll never see the tape.

I think their service is abysmal. Stay away.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us