Need help buying camcorder (URGENT)

I am looking to buy a miniDV camcorder. I have looked at so many reviews and websites and have narrowed my choice down to 3 camcorders. I need to buy one urgently and want to buy from amazon (I have my reasons LOL. Therefore I have listed the prices next to the camcorder. My two main questions are how much better is optical stabilization over digital? Also how much better are progressive scan CCDs? Thank you for your opinion.

(1) Sony DCR-TRV11 ($1199)
(2) Sony DCR-PC9 ($1299)
(3) Canon Optura Pi ($1299)

Confused

In general: Optical stabilization is better than electronic.

Progressive scan gives the capability of better still capture from a movie at the expense of video playback quality. Personally, I cannot tell the difference on by tv (I have a canon elura I), but I have an old 25" and not a new HD type.

Of your three choices, the Sony PC9 is the smallest, should be almost pocket size.

Any way you go, DV camcorders are pretty nifty.

I would like to buy a mini DV camcorders. I have decided to choose one from these models, either Sony DCR-TRV 900 or Sony DCR-TRV30. But I could not decide which one to choose. Can somebody give some advice (Pros and cons) and the reliable mail order company?
Thanks in advance

I am in the process of educating myself about camcorders and would like to purchase one in the very near future. I am considering the Cannon ES8400-V but can not find any reviews on this product only the ES 8200-V. Can anyone one offer some advise on this product or suggest another I can really only afford to spend about $350.00.

Thank you for your input!

Cyndi

i do not have a computer in my home i am thinking of buying a camcorder. i think i have decided on a digital8 instead of a mini dv. what features should i be looking for to get the picture quality? plus do i need a computer to use the digital8? thank u

Quasar VHS-C Camcorder with Viewfinder is this a good camcorder i need help

Adam G Starnes
First off, VHS-C is the worst quility camcorder format. JVC tried to revitalize the VHS-C format by making Super VHS-C and still even Hi8MM out performs it with hands down. Digital8MM is nice if you have alot of old 8mm tapes laying around and wish to convert them but otherwise the one and only format that produces execellent results is miniDV or its mother DV. Features all novice videograghers should be looking for on a camcorder is immage stabilazation, optical zoom (anyone who knows anything about cameras or camcorders knows forget about digital zoom, digital zoom does not produce quility shots as opitcal zoom. for example say you took to portrait shots of someone the hairs on that persons head would be clear and seen every detail on optical but on digital the hairs would blur and mend together) another important feature one should be looking at is the mere fit of the camcorder in ones hand. Big hands and small camcorders often lead to fingers showing up in shots and big camcorders and small hands lead to fumbling of camcorders and shaking shots that annoy your auidence. Then you have to ask yourself are you going to edit or not. Go to videomaker.com for some basic how to and instruction before any decision is made.

Unregistered guest
Hi, I wanted to buy Sony camcorder/Handycam but I dont know any technical info. on camcorders I wanted to buy this for home use only can anybody help me in this :-)

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 352
what is your budget?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us