Archive through May 05, 2004

I recently bought JVC GR-DVM76U and I don't know how to transfer the video from my mini-DV to my laptop. I want to burn CDs after transferring the videos so that I can keep my videos safe and long lasting. I tried transferring the images from memory card to laptop using USB cable and it works fine but I don't see any option to transfer my videos.

Any ideas or suggestions would be of great help.

Keimo Alavursti
Hi, what you need is firewire cable and if your videocard doesn't have FW in, you need to get a videocapture card which has one (Hauppauge for example). Info on FW:
FireWire is one of the fastest peripheral standards ever developed, which makes it great for use with multimedia peripherals such as video camcorders and other high-speed devices. The IEEE-1394 compliant FireWire cables shown below allow connection of IEEE-1394 FireWire enabled digital cameras, hard drives, scanners etc. to Mac's (like the Power Macintosh G3) and PCs having the high-speed FireWire interface.

I need to find out where I can dowmload the driver for my JVC camera, I can't get communication with my computer.

Derek
Actually, you don't need a video capture card to move the video from the camera to the laptop. What Netcrazy needs is a Cardbus Firewire card for the laptop. Everybody sells them.

Anton, your DV software should do this for you. Try stuff from Pinnacle Systems or Ulead. They make the best low cost video hardware/software. The free Microsoft Movie Maker II supports Firewire video cameras too. Also try http://www.jvcservice.com/custrel/download.htm or call JCV at 1-800-882-2345.

Hope this helps.

I did not find any software for my camera JVC DV 105.

I have a panasonic DV camcorder and I connect through a USB port but I can only transferr 30 seconds of film is there any other free software were I can tranfer more film

Derek
t, you need a firewire connection to your computer. Microsoft Movie Maker II will do it for free.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
I have a JVC GR-D70 Model mini dv camera. I recently got a IEEE 1394 firewire card, and installed it on my computer, i also have the software, but i am stuck as to how to get my computer to recognize my camera ?! i tried installing it but it sais i dont have the appropriate driver !? what do i do ?

Hi, Recently, I have bought a Sony DCR-TRV27. I want to download only audio from it to my PC.
What can I do?

Thanks

Derek
Connect the audio out from the camera to the line-in on your computer or firewire the entire video down and pull the audio out with Microsoft Movie Maker II or Media Encoder 9. They're both free.

Hope that helps.

im tryin to take the footage from my camera and put it on my laptop i was wondering if i can use those white and yellow cables that came with the camera and if so where do i hook them to on the laptop because every website says to hook them up to the usb port but the cables are round and the usb port isnt

I have a a jvc GR DVM70U, Updated to Microsoft movie maker II, now I won't read the data from the camera. Message says verify that your video camera and capture devised are configured properly. I have tried JVC & Microsoft they keep blaming each other and no solution to the problem can anybody help.

Thanks,

Maurice

Derek
JIMbo, to use the Yellow, Red and White wires from your camcorder, you need a Video capture card. ATI and others sell Video-to-USB capture cards. For a perfect copy, you sould get a Firewire Cardbus card for your laptop. Adaptec and others these cards.

Maurice, I had a similar problem every once in a while with my ATI All-in-Wonder 8500-DV. It usually works, though. I ended up switching to an ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe that also has firewire and that solved the problem. Whose firewire card are you using? If your are using a low end card like SSI or Belkin, you may be forced to buy a more compatable card like the Adaptecs. Also, make sure your machine is fully patched and you ar using the lates driver from the firewire card's vendor web site.

Hope this helps.

I HAVE A SONY HANDYCAM VISION DCR-PC1E
PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO TRANSFERMY VIDEO FROM MY SONY HANDYCAM VISION DCR-PC1E TO MY SONY LAPTOP
PCG-F280 AND AFTER GTHAT I WOLD BURN CD TO KEEP MY VIDEO

THANKS
PETER

Anonymous
I HAVE A JVC GR-DV3 AND I'D LIKE TO TRANSFER MY PICTURE TO MY LAP TOP.
IS THER ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME TO FIND THE SOFTWARE TO DOWNLOAD?

Derek
You both need firewire cards for your laptops. Adaptec, Belkin, SIIG and others sell them at CompUSA and Best Buy. Download Microsoft Movie Maker II. It's free.

Anonymous
I have a JVC mini DV Camera and I'd like to transfer the video to my laptop and burn it to CD. I have USB cord but no software. Where could i get this and how do i use it??I REALLY NEED HELP AND FAST!

Derek
See the post just above your post.

I have a Sharp VL-NZ105 mini dv camera, please tell me how to transfer my videos from my mini dv camera to my pc, and also i want to burn some cd with the video
Thanks, Fernando

ram
Hello Guys.
I recently purchased a Sony MiniDV TRV33 which came along with Image mixer software to download videos using USB & ILink 1394. My camcorder gets recognized in USB mode but not in 1394 mode using my laptop. I checked the OS (Windows XP)it says the firewire is installed and everything seems to be fine but that software(Image Mixer) doesnt recognize my camcorder thru 1394. I think I have Texas Instrument card for firewire and drivers installed.

Can anyone help me in fixing this problem? How could I verify whether my laptop (drivers installed has some problem or my software which came along with the camcorder has some problem or else my camcorder itself has some problem. Any help would be very much appreciated.

THanks in advance.

Hi

I recently Purchase JVC GR-D50AS but i lost my software CD that comes with Camera . Now i am unable to install software & driver , Please reply me at aman_ali@alpha.its.ws

Ben M.
Hy, I have a JVC camcorder and I was wondering if I can trasfer videos to my laptop(apple) or use it as a web cam, my cuzin did. It is a GR-AXM230 it takes VHS-C tapes. The only ports on the camera are the DC-IN for charging the battery. But, there are two open yellow and white ports like on the TV. I watch the vids. by putting the small tape in the bigger one. I think I might need some cords, but i don't know what cords to by. I basically want to know how to hook this camera to my laptop. Someone please reply if they know anything about this. thxs

Anonymous
Hi,
I am having Canon zr70mc minidv camcorder. I want to download my videos from Mini divi tape to Laptop or desktop. Can anyone tell me, how I will be able to do this ?

Anonymous
I too have a Sony DCR-PC1E Camcorder and would like to use it (if I can) as a webcam, and to use it to transfer images (pics) onto my PC. apart from having it set up, a firewire cable attached to my Dell laptop WinME... what else is there to do to get the (still/movie) images to my laptop and maybe send them to my PC in an email, as my PC is a little older (Sept 98) but is now Win2000NT and only has USB ports. I feel I need to download drivers from somewhere for the unit to be used on my laptop.

Lrob
DEREK, any suggestions...
I'm using the A7N8X-Deluxe but have problems exporting my film fromm HDD to camera Sony VX1000 (DV in activated). The image exports fine using WinDV program but the sounds fades in and out continouesly on the camera. Have tried export through Premiere 6 and WMM2, but then, image & sound fade in and out.
Any suggestions on how to resolve this annoying problem? The sound is 48000Hz, 16-bit from its origin to final film.
Thanks for all inputs.

Derek
You can use Windows Movie Maker II or Premiere. When you export it, you must set the software to "Export in Native DV" since that's the only format the camera can write. I've done with a Canon DV camera and I have the same motherboard.

Also try upgrading your motherboard drivers. Nvidia just updated the nforce drivers to 3.31 a couple of days ago.

Hope this helps.

I too have a Sony DCR-PC1E Camcorder and would like to use it (if I can) as a webcam, and to use it to transfer images (pics) onto my PC. apart from having it set up, a firewire cable attached to my Dell laptop WinME... what else is there to do to get the (still/movie) images to my laptop and maybe send them to my PC in an email, as my PC is a little older (Sept 98) but is now Win2000NT and only has USB ports. I feel I need to download drivers from somewhere for the unit to be used on my laptop.

Derek
You can't use a DV camera as a webcam via firewire unless you buy this http://www.orangemicro.com/webcamdv.html driver. The DV jack is only for import and export of video and sound.

You can use the DV camera as a web cam via USB but the camera must already support "USB Streaming" otherwise the camera will only dump about a minute of video.

Hope this helps.

LEE
NEED SOFTWARE FOR GR-DVL355 TO RUN ON XP
CAN YOU HELP ME

Clive
Derek,
Does my unit, the Sony DCR-PC1 able to allow me to use it as a high quality web-cam and to allow me to put images or video onto my unit (PC or Laptop) and then save to DVD or CD. If so, what do you recommend, cable wise and what driver do I use to enable me to use it on my pc/laptop. Plus how do I know if it's "USB Streaming" Compatible. If the DCR-PC1 was able utilize the IE1394 and be USB compatible, would I therefore have full use of this unit as a webcam and to download images/video to my Laptop.

In the meantime, can I get a driver to just transfer data from the DCR to my Laptop using IE1394 cabling using some sort of driver.

If anyone else sees this, is the DCR-PC1 "USB Streaming" compatible.and can you get (IE1394 to USB) cables? as I'm not sure (as I speak) what cables would go into my Sony to then hook up onto my laptop.

Derek
You will have to look at the specifications page of your cameras manual to see if you can do USB streaming. I think only the cameras made in the last year can do it.

No cameras, except a few JVCs (Lee) require drivers under XP. It's plug and play. If your camera requires a driver it will be available on your vendors support websites.

hallo people need software to connect my JVC GR-DVL765EG to my XP can somebody help me please.

I have jvc gr-dv3e. In the manual fro jvc gr-dv3 I'v read, dv-out doesn't work with camcorder powered by batteries, you need docking station, which I don't have. Does someone have some experience, especialy with this gr-dv3E

Anonymous
I too am trying to transfer video taped with my Sony DCR-PC1 to my PC. Will a Firewire PCI Adapter card accomplish this for me? What format does it transfer the files onto the PC as? Thanks!

Anonymous
I have a vx1000 however my new dell computer with the home edition of window xp does not recognize my camera. I believe I need to get the drivers for this camera, but cannot seem to fine them. any ideas

thanks in advance

terry

Anonymous
http://www.jvc.com/support/documents/dig_cam_compare_2001.PDF

Anonymous
I have a sony miniDV and would like to download video onto my computer to burn onto a disc, how do I do that and do I need any special cables other than the one going from the camera to the usb port?

Anonymous
Sony HandyCams Need a software package called Pixela Image Mixer
http://www.imagemixer.com/E/index.htm

Usb driver
http://ciscdb.sel.sony.com/cgi-bin/select-di.pl

Also Try this
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/photosuite/photosuite_support_notes_sony.jhtml
It supports sony usb PhotoSuite might help

j
Video wave by roxio is suppose to work too (Don't know but im going to try it

http://www.roxio.com/en/products/videowave_movie_creator/features.jhtml

Free demo 436mb
http://www.roxio.com/en/products/videowave_movie_creator/product_demo.jhtml

I have a sony Mini DV Handycam Vision model number DCR-PC1E and would like to know more about it. I am a teacher amd have 'inherited' the camcorder from another dept within the school - but with no instructions etc.

I have tried to search the web (including the Sony site) for a user manual and any technical specifications etc. BUT TO NO AVAIL.

I can't find a blimin' thing. Anybody out there able to help or point me in the right direction. I have bookmarked this page so that I can return to view replies but have also included my e-mail address in case somebody has any electronic mamnuals etc.

cheers

Rob

I have a JVC GR-SXM74OU Cam corder. I'd like to download digital photos to my Laptop. I am trying to add a driver to my LapTop IBM thinkpad T20. I found the website you've mentioned... http://www.jvc.com/custrel/index.jsp
but don't find where i can load a driver. Only the software which I don't believe adds a driver.
When the CAM is USB'd to the Laptop, the Laptop doesn't even recognize it's connected.

Any help would be much appreciated.

(Jvc GR-DV500) I am having trouble with Win Movie Maker It tells me that there is an "unspecified error" or "an interface has to many methods to fire from". I called Jvc and they told me to call microsoft.
Can anyone help

Jvc driver download site jvc.com/custrel/download.htm

Jesse, question asked
When the CAM is USB'd to the Laptop, the Laptop doesn't even recognize it's connected.

The camcorder has an option. its a blue switch you can either have it on "video or Memory" it needs to be on "Memory" in order for the computer to recognize it. after that you will see a usb mode on your lcd screen. ON desktop open "my computer" and click on "removable disk" open "DCM" right click on "100 jvcgr" copy and paste on desktop. Great shortcut to access photos.

my laptop and my jvc grd90u both have svideo, usb and i have jvc presto mr photo 3, do i have to still go to fire wire for both to get my videos on my laptop

i have a sony drv 19 handycam/pixela - image mixer software and want to capture (via usb) video AND audio images together at the same time. it seems i can only capture video...also am i correct in thinking that you can only burn a still image album and not my moving image edited master piece...any advice guys
steve, steviedunks@aol.com}

Hi,

Is it possible to use SHARP VL-NZ105 as a webcam too?

Thanks,
Eytan

Unregistered guest
Hi all, I've recently bought a MiniDV Sony video camera (model DCR-TRV22E). I've some troubles in downloading my video on Firewire. After connecting the camera to the IEEE-1394 port of my notebook (ASUS A2H series) with e 4-4 pins cable it happens that during downloading (using Movie Maker II), but also in "idle" conditions, sometimes the camera seems to be disconnected from the IEEE port for a while and after few seconds reconnected. Note that using the USB connection instead, all things work perfectly (but with a worst image quality, of course). Please, can you help me to find out the reason of this disconnection? Thank you very much. Yours faithfully, Vincenzo.

Username: Meansting3

Post Number: 1
I RECENTLY BOUGHT A JVC GR-30US DIGITAL CAMCORDER AND THE IEEE1394 CABLE. MY CAMERA DIDN'T COME WITH ANY SOFTWARE, AND I WAS NEEDING TO KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO TO TRANSFER THE VIDEO.

Anonymous

I have a JVC gr-dvf21u digital cybercam camcorder. I have been trying for 2 months to find a way to get my camera to play on my computer. I have tried everything I even put in a new firewire card. I have also wrote JVC asking them if there is a program or drivers out there that I can get to make this camera run on my computer. "Nothing and No answer from JVC" I have also downloaded 6 different programs thinking one of them would pick up the camera. "Nothing"!... I run windows xp and have a top of the line computer. Anyway if anyone out there knows what I should try next PLEASE HELP! Thanks

Unregistered guest
I don't mean to sound like a broken record but I also could use a few tips. I have a Sony MiniDV model DCR-TRV33 like Mr. "ram" above. I'm running Windows 2000 and can't seem to get my camera to stream in order to use it as a webcam. I've been informed if I can get it to stream (which is supposed to be possible) I won't need to buy Webcamdv from Orangemicro. P.S. I have figured out how to download my stills and mpegs through my USB cable already but can't figure out how to make it stream. Help?

Unregistered guest
infurriating.. I dont recall receiving any software with my sony handycam. At the time I only had an old 300 mghz PC win/95.. so it wasnt an issue.. Now I'm up to speed.
I'm seeing over 500 people lined up on WinMX to download ImageMix for sony file. Over 500 people! willing to take the risk of pulling and .exe file from a total stranger!!
Soo sad.

For heavens sake.. someone find a safe download point and let us know! please

Unregistered guest
Hi, I bought a JVC GR-DVL230u digital video camera but I'm having trouble transfering video from the camera to my PC. I can transfer images just fine with the software that came with the camera, but when I try transfering video, no software detects the camera.

suzanne
Unregistered guest
How do i get software for JVC GR-DV3for Mac OS X Panther? It's about 4 years old and it's not on the JVC website?
Please help.

Unregistered guest
I have a canon es8400v, ati all in wonder 7500, windows xp. Latest drivers on all. After reformat harddrive, can't get pc to recognize video. I'm using the svideo cable, cuz that's all I can find right now. I've tried connecting with ulead videostudio, but can't. Get errors. Tried connecting with ChillCam, but I get error that says device is in use. I'm not aware of any other proggie using the device. HELP!! I want to capture images and video.

Unregistered guest
NEED SOFTWARE/PIXELA IMAGE MIXER/ FOR JVC GR-DVP7u TO RUN ON WINDOWS XP
CAN YOU HELP ME

Patrick
Unregistered guest
Have a Sony MiniDV camera connected by Firewire to my PC (running WinXP). The camera is detected, but as soon as my video-editing software tries to capture video, I get "device disconnected." Anyone help? I have tried 3 different video editing apps, but same error every time.

_Jeff_
Unregistered guest
Hey, i have just bought a new Sony DCR TRV 250e digital 8 handycam, the camera is great, it has USB streaming capabilities and came with the usb cable. I pluged it in and installed the drivers from a cd. I restarted my comp. and plaugged in the camera. Windows Xptold me that i needed to install the drivers, but i had already done it with the CD, any way i tried to install the drivers thru the wizard but said it was not Xp tested, i clicked ok anyway to continue installation and it said it wasn't working. It then told me that it would not work properly and the pixela imaging software that came with the camera and USB drivers is not picking up a camera in the USb port.... :-( can anyone help or has anyone had the same problem plz reply...

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 329
try using windows media 9

jon terry
Unregistered guest
have firewire and windows movie maker connected to my SONY DCR-PC1E, but when I try to import the video footage I can't see a file in the camcorder. it shows as connected but, I just can't find the movie that I recorded while on holiday. the movie is definitely there. I can record directly from the camcorder onto my computer as well..what am I doing wrong? how do I import this footage?

Silver Member

Post Number: 339
look for the file extension that the program is using to save the movie. If it is there do a search using
*.(whatever extension)
did you name the movie file?

Unregistered guest
I recently purchased JVC GR-DVL505 digital video camera from a friend without the pc connection or software needed to transfer images to my computer. I have purchased the pc connection cable since then, but have not been able to locate the software I need. Can anyone HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

KMW
Unregistered guest
I have a jvc GR-DV500u video camera and a windows xp system. I also have all the software but the software will not install to recognize the camera. Says 'pixmcvc.sys' on USB DRIVER needed. looking in d:\xp doesn't work. Help please. Also do I need a firewire? Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
Michelle,
Get a DVI to 1394 cable...that is if you have a 1394 or firewire connection to your pc. It is the best way to transfer videos from the jvc to any pc.

KMW,
the same applies to your dilemma. You only need a firewire to DVI cable. Your JVC should have one, and then you wouldn't need any other program. You wouldn't even need the program that came with your camera.
Remove the jvc program, restart...plug in the DVI cable to the DVI output of the JVC and connect the 1394 end of the cable to your pc. Turn on the camera and the pc should start detecting the camera automatically.
cheers

Unregistered guest
I have got JVC GR-DX76. Digital Video Camera . I want the drivers and the Software . Can anyone tell an alternative driver for the camera and where can I donwload it.
Thanks
Suraj

joeskibobs
Unregistered guest
OK -- LISTEN UP --

Most DV Cams have a 4 pin Firewire port, if yours has one then read on....
If you don't have a firewire port already on your PC, then get one, you can get PCI ones very cheap, They have 6 pin sockets for PC's and 4 pin sockets for Laptops.
Once you have firewire on your PC you can connect your DV cam easily. Windows XP will automatically detect your camera if you have installed your firewire card properly. I don't know about other OS's
Just think of Firewire as a bulky USB socket, because it is just a data transfer port. It is not a video card, or a video capture card it is just a firewire card.
You then need a video editing program, microsoft have a freee one, but the one I use is Ulead video studio. It is excellent!
If you have done all this then you will have succeeded, now stop asking the same question over and over!!

joeskibobs
Unregistered guest
jon terry

Press PLAY on your camera when it is connected to your PC ;)

Brewster
Unregistered guest
Hi,
Has anyone had success in connecting a JVC DV camcorder to a PC for web-casting via USB? I have the GR-DV801U and it comes with USD streaming drivers but they are not recognized/used when the camcorder is plugged in. It just says "unknown device" in the found new hardwar dialog and the JVC drives don't appear in teh device manager.
Thanks - Brewster

boytroy88
Unregistered guest
Hi! I'm able to get my computer to recognize my JVC GR-DVF21U using firewire but my problem is that regardless if I'm using Premiere 6.5 or Windows Movie Maker I'm getting very distorted video and a buzzing noise for audio. I tried looking at the settings and even downloaded the 9.0b version of DirectX but to no avail. Please help!

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
check your connections and clean the heads and also check if the outputs are correct...go to your set up menu and check your outputs

Username: Ari

Rio de janeiro, Rio de janeiro Brasil

I have an camera Sony DCR-IP210, but I have not the ImageMixer for download the movies and photos.
How can I resolve this problem?
There are other software?

boytroy88
Unregistered guest
Berny - If you were replying to my post...I've tried moving the cable around and stuff but it's still the same. If your suggestion about cleaning the heads is to see if it's a playback problem then no since I'm able to see the output on the lcd screen. Any other suggestions????

Unregistered guest
Hi I have a JVC GRD20ek miniDV camcorder and I want to download my videos to my mini cube computer it has twin firewire ports and I have the appropriate firewire connector cable But I appear to need drivers for the firewire. Is there somewhere that I can download these? JAMES

Silver Member

Post Number: 388
boytroy88, check the output of your camera see if you have it configured correctly.

Balu, goto control panel, performance and maintenance, system, hardware, device manager...from there look for IEEE 1394 and then enable it. Your drivers should already be installed. you only need to activate it.

cheers

boytroy88
Unregistered guest
Berny,
I checked my output (I take it you mean the composite outputs) and it looks ok. It's just the firewire connection to the computer that's not working. Any other suggestions???? Thanks a bunch!!

zzKarenzz
Unregistered guest
I have an camera Sony DCR-TRV25 but I dont have ImageMixer program. How can I transfer the photos from my camera to the computer? plz help

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
zzKarenzz,
could you be more specific as to your computer, what model, what is your operating system? Your question is a little too vague and general. there are different ways of transferring files from a digital camera to a computer. Knowing your system will help, i.e. Windows XP, 98, Linux, UNIX, Windows NT, etc.

Jac
Unregistered guest
I have a JVC camcoder with firewire and Ulead video studio software. I want to know as to what format i need to copy to; so that i will be able to copy contents of 1 DV cassete onto 1 CD .If I copy in DV format it becomes 8 to 9 GB file. Which format do you normally copy into. Thankx for you reply.

Silver Member

Post Number: 400
Jac
You can compress it to mpeg1 or 2 format usually called VCD. Your resolution will suffer, so be advised.
cheers

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony DCR HC 20, and I have a firewire cable. They are both brand new, and I plugged it in to my frontal firewire port. THere is no detection. I heard I do not need a driver because its an auto-detect, is this true? If so, how can i be sure my firewire port is operational? Is tehre something in the device manager I can look at? Please email me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 414
pat4352,
first make sure that the camera is off before plugging into the firewire port. Make sure that the whole computer boots up completely before making any connections.
if it is not working, goto the device manager and click on IEEE1394 properties and make sure that it is enabled and that the drivers are all installed.
if you are running Windows XP and Windows Media 9 you should be up and running.

cheers

Silver Member

Post Number: 415
boytroy88,
have you solved the issues with the JVC yet. What is you OS? did you update the IEEE1394 driver? Another thing...if you have fire wire, make sure that you do not have any other cables attached to your camera when connecting to the computer.

yomgui
Unregistered guest
which dvcam can stream video to a PC ?
I need to do some real time video capture and programming on windows 2000. I was considering buying a "usb 2.0" or firewire webcam, then I realised that DVcams generally have firewire. but many posts here say that it won't act like a web cam (unless using special software). Is there any DVcam that will perform like a webcam through firewire ?

thanks.

Anonymous

You need to go to Microsoft's web site or even windows updates for a listing of DV cams that work with windows. Unfortunately windows does not supply and will not recognize many DV cams using a USB or FireWire port. I had to buy a AverMedia DVD EZMaker PCI Card in order to get my JVC DV cam to work on my computer. Go to http://www.avermedia.com the site explains what you need also the PCI card only cost me $35 and comes with an disk (small program) and cables.
Good Luck!

Sim Lee
Unregistered guest
I am using JVC 520A. When I tried to capture vidoes on my Laptop using IEEE1394, the computer couldn't communicate with the camera. Do i have to use additional card for video capturing, or the IEEE1394 is enough to do the job. If yes, do I have to install any drivers ?

N.B. I have been using this camcoder with my PC, which is equiped with a capture card with no problems.

Thank you for your help.

Unregistered guest
Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite S5100-201 and a Sony dcr-pc1e camcorder, but I can't make them communicate in any way. I must confess I really ignore if my firewire/IEEE port can support this communication.
Have you got any idea or hint on how I can make this stuff working?

Thank you very much for your time,
Francesco.

Unregistered guest
question from Belgium:
We have a sony handycam DCR- HC14E and as most of you here we see the camcorder on the PC but we cannot get data in (windows XP). (this camcorder has no memory stick- only tapes)
We bought Fire wire this morning, installed it, this device is up and running, but still we cannot import from the camcorder...
any other ideas?
Thank you!

Marijke
Unregistered guest
We found the solution! we used several programs- finally Ulead Video Studio 7 worked!
Good luck to everybody.

Unregistered guest
I've read most of the above posts but I still have a problem. My JVC GRD200 won't upload video in Win XP. I'm using a USB cable/port. I had no problems with it using Win ME, but after I upgraded XP won't recognize my camera. JVC doesn't even have my camera listed on their websites (it's a 2003 model) and haven't been any help. Any suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 446
common problem when upgrading from Me to XP, have you gotten all the updates? Devices don't get recognized, you may have to use a different program, like Ulead.

Unregistered guest
Hello.. ram ask for:
any answer fot this question..
I have same problem..
thank you..

"I recently purchased a Sony MiniDV TRV33 which came along with Image mixer software to download videos using USB & ILink 1394. My camcorder gets recognized in USB mode but not in 1394 mode using my laptop. I checked the OS (Windows XP)it says the firewire is installed and everything seems to be fine but that software(Image Mixer) doesnt recognize my camcorder thru 1394. I think I have Texas Instrument card for firewire and drivers installed.

Can anyone help me in fixing this problem? How could I verify whether my laptop (drivers installed has some problem or my software which came along with the camcorder has some problem or else my camcorder itself has some problem. Any help would be very much appreciated.

THanks in advance. "

Unregistered guest
Camera - JVC GR-D53 , Using USB my PC does not detect my camera. I have installed all softwares.As per the manual USB can be used to download.My Camera does not have Memory Card so all my images as well as video is on the tape.Isnt the information on manual misleading.
Can i not download or burn the video on a CD without Firewire card ?

Unregistered guest
If i download 60minutes of video from my JVC camera to my PC with a firewire cable how many megabytes is it going to be and how can i make it to fit in a dvd???????

Anonymous

HI
I cannot download images/video from my jvc
gr-d30us campcorder
I dint get any software when i bought this campcorder

I have bought a cable connecting the HP laptop to my jvc campcorder
but the movie maker software on my laptop doest recognise my campcorder

I am having windows xp on my laptop

what do i need to do?

awaiting your reply

Thanks
Rahul

Username: Thetaxidriver

Ha Ha Ha
What a lucky day for all of Ya that i dropped by this place...

i guess by now most of ya figured that converting mini dv to dvd is not a joke. There are LITERALLY books written on this subject.

shortly:

s/W that does the best job is:
1. Adobe Premiere (capture and editing)
2. Canopus Pro Coder (MPEG2 conversion)
3. ReelDVD (VOB files and Menu creation)

If you want one suit that does it all, get Pinnacle studio 8 (or 9) but get ready to loose some quality (up to 50%) and not to be able to do some very important twiks.

FYI when you use firewire you do not need drivers for your camera. Camera uses f/w drivers. Your capture suit (adobe premiere, sclive, ulead or whatever else) should find it when u click CAPTURE... If u use capture card (AV video), unless u have a REALLY GOOD CARD (>$1000), u loose at least 50% of your quality,,, then u do need drivers for the CARD.

recently i came across A Sony camcorder (my friend bought one) and he asked me the same STUPID questions. Namely he wanted to know how to use USB to move video to his Mac. I told him to look in the Manual and learn... He cursed me out and asked to look at the damn manual... to my surprise in the entire 200+ page book there was not a word on how to move VIDEO from TAPE to a COMPUTER. There were at least 50 pages on photo crap... In short SONY suck, I mean it works but u have to dig info on your own... I use "Canon Optura 300"

FYI (#2) in camcorders USB is used ONLY for still images and mpeg videos recorded to your MEMORY STICK. In order to capture video from TAPE, u MUST use either FIREWIRE (best quality) or AV output.

Oh Yeah, not to mention that at least half of the DVD-+R media REALLY sucks. Lots of dvd players WILL NOT PLAY your recorded (cheap) media. Trust me on that one... I have wasted 2 months of my life copying some (consumer) DVDs, capturing my old tapes and putting them on some cheap, 'no name', DVDs... Well, did I learn my lesson?.. ALL of them play (more or less OK) on my computer, but my (multi region, multi system, super duper) DVD player did not want to believe me that there was ANY dvd in the tray. ONLY when i began using GOOD media (Verbatim, FUJI) my 'les misarables' were over...

Go to these websites, there is some interesting stuff to read there:

www.doom9.net
www.riphelp.com

for those lucky people that read Russian there is an invalueble site:

www.afanas.ru

So Long.

Unregistered guest
hey i have a panasonic nv-ds60 and i bought a firewire cable to connect it to my laptop p111 1000 which already had a firewire port, i could transfer the footage no problem with movie maker at a poor qaulity, but when i installed pinnacle 8 i couldnt capture footage cause it said the data rate on drive c is less than the required 4444 kb/sec can i slow it down or do i need a new video card or software please help thanks guys

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
what cable are you using? DVI to IEEE1394 should be the cable you are using. First the camera must be off when you connect to the 1394 port, then turn it on, you should have a pop up that says "new device detected". Make sure that the whole computer boots up completely before making any connections.
if it is not working, goto the device manager and click on IEEE1394 properties and make sure that it is enabled and that the drivers are all installed.
if you are running Windows XP and Windows Media 9 you should be up and running.

Unregistered guest
Helew evry1, so sry 2 bug u, hav tried EVERYTHIN! I'm lookin for Pixela Image mixer 1.0, I went to the imagemixer website mentiond above, and all it has is 'help files' Tsch!!! Please help me, please! NB NB!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

ChrisWilly
Unregistered guest
Just a question. I have a jvc gr-d90us camcorder. I heard that you could download video to the computer using usb with it. if that is true how do you do it? I looked through my manual and didn't find anything about it. thanks for the help

Unregistered guest
Thanks for Berny.. i'm using 4 pin to 6 pin cable. it come with the texas instrument card.. although device manager shows that the device enabled and driver is installed there is no message "new device detected" when i open the camera.. i'm using windows 2000.. but i tried with XP and even linux.. i don't know about DVI to IEEE1394 cable.. how can i check this? Thanks..

Username: Sammy815

Moldova Noua, Caras-Severin Romania

i recently bought a video camera model JVC GR-DX25E and I need the drivers for it.If anybody knows where can I find the driver on the Internet pls let me know.Give me an adress or something.Pls help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us