DVC to VCD or DVD on PC

Bronze Member
Username: Fishcca

Post Number: 24
Enough acronyms for ya? Seriously, I have a Canon miniDV ZR65MC digital Video Camcorder. What do I need to do to make it possible to put the Video from the Tape onto a VCD or DVD that I Burned on my computer?

Also, would be cheaper in the long run to have someone else do it, or can I make the argument that it would be cost effective over the span of X number of tapes converted?

Have a good Week.

fishcca@hotmail.com

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2484
You will need a DV output from your camcorder to a firewire input into your computer (IEEE1394).

Of, course you will need a firewire card in your computer.

A video editing software, ULEAD, Adobe Premiere, etc.

If you have the time and patience, or if it is just straight copy from Video tape to computer to DVD, it will cost less.

cheers

how did that ground loop work?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
First of all the Ground loop worked perfectly!!! I responded (posted) after I installed it with the results. I do not just want to take from this group, I want to put in as well....

Although, the volume is about half of a normal CD or even the TV set. I guess that might need to be looked at in more depth.

------------------------------

I see the steps now. Thanks. I will buy a fire wire kit. I found the 1394 jack on the front of my camera. (they tried to hide it from me...) I will go with ulead software.

I guess I need DVD Burning software from them?

Also, Video editing software from them as well?

Is that right?

I went to their website and I had so many choices, which software packages would you recommend? I will purchase all of these things and post my results for the group!

Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2489
Does your computer have a DVD burner?

I use the Ulead DVD Movie Factory.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
I am planning on buying the DVD Burner.

Does Ulead movie factory have both the dvd burning software and the editing/importing software?

Am I understanding the different functions that the software will need to provide?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2491
Yes, Ulead has the complete software to burn dvds and vcds.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Hello-
Does the Ulead Movie factory import the movies over the fireware? How does that work? Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2497
Firewire is like USB 2.0. You get a DV to IEEE1394 cable and when you link the camera, the computer should start recognizing it immediately. The you start the Ulead software and follow the prompts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
great! So I will get the 64.95 Ulead software and get this ball rolling. Berny you rock, thanks for the information.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2499
Wait a minute!
Do you have a firewire port on your computer?
Don't buy anything yet, until you can verify that the computer has this capability.

You also need a cable
6-pin to 4-pin IEEE 1394 cable

Allows the connection of a digital video camcorder to a computer or another digital video camcorder.

Then go to this site
http://alpha03.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?SV=WWUCA900
It is a canon database and will explain some of the things you need to do to make the transfer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Wow, thanks for looking out for me. Actually I will be purchasing:

Firewire fit(cable and PC interface)
DVD Burner
Ulead software
Blank DVD's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Okay I need you all to please go over my shopping list and make suggestions for each item as far as brand and model... Please? I am looking to be a bit conservative on the price too... Thanks!!!

Firewire kit(cable and PC interface)
DVD Burner
Ulead software
Blank DVD's
40 gig new extra hard drive

I appreciate all of your help too!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2539
Belkin for the wires
Do not get the cheap storebrand DVD recordables.
Do not go cheap on the DVD burner.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
cool. I was thinking of a pioneer 109.00 burner (internal.) Wow, I guess I am not that educated on the DVDs, What brand is not a storebrand?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2540
The Pioneer DVD burner should work fine. I believe it is one of the better ones out there. Store brand is like th egeneric brand, e.g., Office Max DVD-r, Office Depot...things of that nature.
I hope things work out for you.
Now if you buy the Pioneer DVD burner, I believe it comes with a uLead video editing software.

good luck, I hope you have better luck than some of the folks around here when it comes to dvd burning.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
The the info you all have given me, I am fearless. I will do a bit more research for compatiblities... Then I will be rockin'.
Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2547
Have you thought about going from the camera directly to a stand alone DVD recorder/player?

If you are not doing any editing, I believe this is more straight up no hassle recording.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Well the more I consider it the more I am leaning towards adding music and possibly a small amount of effects, brightening the picture if possible.

I am looking forward to this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us