Keep Sony TRV350 or return for miniDV

Username: Macdv

Post Number: 1
I recently received the TRV350 as a gift and am interested in getting more involved in creating my own home videos of our kids and other family events. I have been reading all the debates regarding D8 vs. miniDV and have heard many conflicting arguements. If I was only willing to spend and additional $100-200 am I better off keeping the TRV350 or is there a miniDV in that price range that is better? Some additional information that may help... two features that I like about the TRV350 are the 20x optical zoom and the built-in video light. Also I will be bringing the footage into a G4 Mac using either iMovie or Final Cut Pro. Any information is appreciated. Thanks

PanFan
Unregistered guest
MacDV get rid of that junk Sony. It will not last and the picture quality indoors is super poor. Sony's camcorders have really gone down.

I just returned one, my 10 year old Sony works better.

If you really what something slick and are will to spend a little more on your memories, get a dvd recorder. DVD's are archievable. All that transferring is a pain and it does not last on any tape.

I too was going to get fancy with the progams and the computer. You won't, time flies, and any mistakes you make while you are recording only add to the memories. I don't know what iMovie or Final are but the resolution on some of these programs is really low, lower than the camcorder itself.

Take a look at the new Panasonic dvd. Yes you will spend more than the going out miniDv. Your kids are only young once, make it count. I have about 24 hour of movie and we love to watch them.

Prosper with what ever you Chose.

Anonymous

Um Yeah. Whatever,but Sony is the leader in small electronic devices such as camcorders. You just arent going to find the compatibility or just plain quality in other brands as you are in Sony. Just because you had to take one back doesnt mean anything. If you have an old one that you say was better than your new one because you had to take it back, then maybe you should have traded it for anther one. No product is 100% faultless.

PanFan
Unregistered guest
Obvious owner? Yes Sony was the giant but now it's time to wise up.

I looked on line after my disappointing purchase (Sony). Everyone was having the same problem. Poor image quailty in more than one model. The ccd on these camcorders do not let enough light in, hence the light.

Look at any review, this is just one of many www.consumersearch.com/www/photo_and_video/digital_camcorders/fullstory.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us