Canon elura 50 with msn messenger

Username: Mrrod

Post Number: 1
i'm using my elura 50 as a webcam with msn messenger v7, i have video but the mic doesn't work, i go through the audio video wizard in messenger and both the video and the audio configures ok but when i use it i only get the video, the mic doesn't work, is this normal with the elura 50? does the mic not work with msn or is there something i need? i have dv messenger v2 but msn v7 doesn't need it.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2427
youhave to use the mic input that is in the computer and not the one on the camera.
I am, of course, assuming that you are using the camera as an audio source.

Post Number: 2
i've tried the mic input on the pc, i hear myself talking through it on the pc speakers, i put the lead from the mic port on the pc into the port on the camera that says AV in/out although the icon next to that port on the camera looks like headphones, i've got another jack on the camera that says mic but i assume that's for an external microphone like a hand held?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2428
I use the mic input on the PC with MSN messenger and I have had no problems.
Have you done through the set up wizard on how to calibrate your mic?

Post Number: 3
yes.....went throught the wizard and had no problems with the mic or the video in the wizard, when i go to use the mic the other party can't hear me, the mic volume next to my picure in msn doesn't move either.

ffejjeff
Unregistered guest
same problem i am using msn messenger 7. and creative mediasource soundblaster audigy 2 zs and using mic input2 (line in2) i can hear audio fine on speakers but when running the audio tuning wizard in msn it doesnt pick up the mic. Is there a way to change where the mic input is coming from? please help...

Unregistered guest
I am using MSN Messenger 7.0 with a Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro sound system and the microphone plugged into Line in 1. I can hear the microphone through the speakers but it is not picked up by MSN Messenger. I suspect I am missing a driver of some description (WDM or Crossbar?). Does anyone have any suggestions? I did have this working but I have just rebuilt the software on my PC and now it does not work and I cannot remember what I did to make it work the last time. The Creative software is up to date.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us