Please Help! I don't know which camcorder to buy for my needs.

Username: Ddog800

Post Number: 1
Please Help!

I am looking to buy a new digital camcorder, but I'm soooo confused as to which camcorder would suit my needs. I am taking on a new project in my life in which I will be making comedy skits. The production is kinda of like a Jay Leno type set where I will be filmed at a desk and will have a microphone in front of me, but occasionally there will also be some outdoor shots. The final product will be published both online and on DVD. Therefore I know I need a camcorder that has a very good image quality, has manual controls, and has the ability to have an external microphone plugged into it. BUT as far as which camcorder to buy I am lost, I have read tons of reviews and I'm more lost now than I was before I started reading the reviews. At first I started looking at a Sony PD-170, and then thought maybe a Sony VX2100 or Canon GL2 will do. But then I read about the Panasonic GS400 or the Sony HC1000 and thought maybe they will suffice and I could save some money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2060
Stick with the Canon GL2. It will be great for what you need. The Sony and Panasonic is just not meant for ruggedness like the Canon GL2 or if you have the extra cash I'll get the XL2.

Unregistered guest
On the subject of new camcorders, I currently have a Panasonic NV DS150 single CCD used mainly for wildlife videoing around the world. This is a great camcorder but sadly now has a faulting viewfinder so have to use the LCD screen which is not good in bright lighting. So as I need to have a new camcorder I am thinking about changing to the Panasonic NVGS 200 or 400 with 3CCDs but don't understand what benefits the 3CCD camcorders really offer over the single CCD ones. Does anybody out there have anu views on this topic please - PLEASE.

Jyoti
Unregistered guest
Three days ago I have buy one Panasonic NVGS 400.
It is excellent. The problem is, I am unable to use Panasonic DV software which is given by Panasonic. I have install all drivers and software but the above said software unable to detect my DV, where as I am able to acess extra drive, which is created automatically as soon as I plug my DV camera to USB port. I can also download all my picture files useing a pop up screen when i connect my Cmera. But the said software unable to detect my DV Camera. How Can I solve my Proble? Is my Camera is Defective?

Does anybody out there have anu views on this topic please - PLEASE

My Computer Configuration is ASUS PB P800 mother board. 1GB DDR (512+512)400 MHZ. NVEDIA 5200 AGP, 3GH Intel HT processor.

Another Question,My camera become hot a little after useing 10 to 15 minuit. Is it normal?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us