Transferring stills from Canon Elura 50 through firewire

Username: Ch812

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone im new to this bored but i need some serious help so i decided to seek help from the experts.

I have the Canon Elura and when i first bought it i could transfer still images through the firewire connection no problem. But recently i formatted my hard drive and now when i try to do this i receive an error message saying:

"The computer cannot detect the scanner or camera. Please make sure the device is turned on and is properly connected to the computer."

Now i called Canon tech support and i told them the situation and they told me its impossible to transfer still images through a firewire and the guy i spoke to insisted i must of been mistaken when i said before it used to work! but this guy obviously doesnt know what hes talking about because it did used to work!

So does anyone have a solution to my problem and an explanation of why it was working before but not anymore?

If anyone can help i will be really greatful.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1807
have you enabled the firewire port?

Username: Ch812

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 2
yup its all enabled with the most current drivers, and it works when transferring video but not images stored on the memory card.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1813
Check the manual of the camera. There are cameras that have a different settings when transferring still images, Mass or UpnP.

guatemalteco
Unregistered guest
basically what they are saying is that you can transfer video throught the firewire but not still images, unless you saved them to the tape which they would basically show up as a still image on for tape anyways. If you're trying to download from your card you can use the USB cable only.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us