The Bad: Capacity is somewhat low

Strained battery life

Still a 2-megapixel camera

Limited GPS functionality
Still exclusive to AT&T

The Price
US$199 C 8G
BUS$299 C 16GB

If you look at the iPhone 3G, perhaps you wouldn't think it's too different from its predecessor. But looks can be deceiving. And in the case of the iPhone 3G, they're likely to be very deceiving indeed: the http://www.daniusoft.com/video-to-iphone.html looks to be a big jump past the http://ipod.about.com/od/understandingiphonemodels/g/iphone_def.htm.

From its faster Internet connection to its support for GPS and third-party applications - video to iphone 3G converter to its lower price, the iPhone 3G looks to be a major upgrade.

Many things about the iPhone 3G are the same: a 2-year contract with AT&T (subsidized upgrades are available to all iPhone owners and new AT&T customers, as well as select other customers), support for all the same widgets and firmware features, the terrific multi-touch screen, and intelligent sensors that determine whether the phone is near your head and shuts off the screen and the one that knows whether the phone is oriented horizontally or vertically.
And while those familiar features are nice, the video iPhone 3G's changes should really make the device shine.

A Good Phone Gets A Little BetterThe phone features of the original iPhone didn't leave too many people complaining (though it's still missing voice dialing, a feature I'd like). Visual Voicemail felt like a breakthrough (though perhaps it wasn't quite as useful as its hype would have suggested) and features such as three-way calling were a snap to use. While call quality was decent, more advanced cell phone features such as MMS messaging or certain Bluetooth features were not available.

The phone features on the iPhone 3G have all the same strengths and even add one: improved call quality. Because the iPhone 3G uses the 3G phone network which carries more data faster, the call quality when connected to a 3G network should be superior.

The phone still doesn't have MMS messaging C a major failing for a device so closely tied to the Internet and media features C but that may be coming from third-party developers - video to iphone 3G converter.

A Terrific Personal Media PlayerWhen the original iPhone debuted, it was probably the best music player/phone on the market. And those features haven't changed: the phone still offers an excellent MP3 player experience, complete with the CoverFlow interface that wowed many early users and the super-fast iTunes WiFi Music Store.

Probably the greatest music-related annoyance about the original iPhone C its recessed headphone jack that made most headphones incompatible and forced users to buy adapters C has been fixed. The jack on the iPhone 3G is flush, meaning you can just go back to your favorite headphones.

On the video side, the iPhone 3G is still a great mobile movie player, too. This model offers the same screen size, resolution, and widescreen orientation for movies, TV shows, convert video to iPhone 3G and YouTube to iPhone 3G.

The major thing I would have liked to see improved when it comes to media would have been greater storage capacity. Sure, 16GB is a decent amount of storage for music alone, but when you add in movies and third-party programs and games (more on that soon), it fills up quickly. Hopefully iPhones with more capacity are in the offing.

Internet That's Twice as FastOne of the major flaws of the first-generation iPhone, especially for a device touted so heavily as an Internet appliance, was its slow EDGE network connection. Apple blamed the need for the slower EDGE connection on the strain 3G connections place on batteries (and battery life isn't exactly the first iPhone's strong suit as it is).

Apparently that issue's been solved, because as the name would indicate, the iPhone 3G sports a 3G Internet connection that Apple claims is twice as fast as the EDGE connection (the iPhone 3G still uses EDGE in areas where 3G connections aren't available).

The faster connection will be much appreciated, especially since the iPhone still gives users the full Internet, not a dumbed-down 'mobile web.'

Along with the 3G connection comes another new feature: the ability to talk and download data at the same time. The EDGE network only supports making a call or using the Internet, not both simultaneously. The higher-capacity 3G connection can do both C no more needing to hang up to check your email.

Another addition to the iPhone 3G's data services is the support for pushing calendar and address book content directly to the phone through Microsoft Exchange and Apple's Mobile Me (nee .Mac). This is a big change and will likely make the iPhone a viable tool for many businesses, putting it in direct competition with the Blackberry and the Treo.

Introducing The App StoreThe other major data/Internet change ushered in with the iPhone 3G is the App Store. This is an online store, much like iTunes, that makes third-party programs and games available for purchase and download (over a wireless connection or from the desktop) to iPhone, iPhone 3G, and iPod touch users running the iPhone 2.0 firmware.

The original iPhone was locked down tightly, with Apple constantly wrestling with developers who wanted to install programs. Apple has now embraced them with the App Store. Programs will run US$0.99 to $999, though most are under $10 and many free.

Though Apple controls developer access to the App Store (a negative in my book), the range of available programs should greatly open the iPhone's capabilities.

Given the iPhone's motion sensitivity, third-party developers - video to iphone 3G converter could make the iPhone a hit gaming platform combining the best aspects of mobile gaming with motion sensitivity found in things like the .

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17496
Please post this here.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/off-topic/502849.html

Username: Winniel

Armenia

Post Number: 1
Thanks for your information, it helps me a lot.
But can you tell me how to put DVD to my iPhone please?
Thanks a lot!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8006
u did a review and you cant put a dvd on your iphone???

you simply cant..

unless u find a away to load apple os "x" or the leopard then make your self a diy kit to hack the iphone to make you see your dvd..

or do you mean put a dvd movie in it???

if so rip the dvd and convert it to a iphone format

Username: Tracyjump

Post Number: 4
I really like iphone and i thank you for the info that you have provided, presently i don't have one, but these tips will be useful for me in the near future, and i will share it with my friends.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us