TRON...ahead of its time? (poll)

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 186
I say yes. I just bought it and plan on watching soon for the first time in.... gosh?, probably ten or fifteen years, at least. I hope i'm not let down as I was when I watched Flash Gordon again after 20 years, lol. I remembered it to be alot better than it really is lol.
But i've got strong suspician TRON will be as sweet as the day I first seen it :-)

So, your opinion, Tron, ahead of its time or was it just another run of the mill movie?

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 876
Def. ahead of it's time. Great stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 768
Saw this when it opened in cinemas world wide in 1982 WOW
Upload

But as I got older and found out that the 70mm print was the way to it along with its Dolby Stereo six-track mag sound, the day came when they announced the DVD realise and realizing that the Dolby six-track sound was going to be the highlight.
Upload

And WOW was it and the image was sharp as close as the release print?
Upload

The low end on this film is very dynamic, and making adjustments very quickly helps to get the best tour-de force out of it along with the Lucasfilm THX sound system.

Being a former cinema projectionist, and using the skills and techniques applies to my home cinema, where I but sound first, first with JBL at the forefront giving the film soundtrack real promise....

As to ahead of it's time in terms of visual effects, it's a stepping stone it paved the way forward films like the, "The Last Starfighter" used the Cray super computers to generate the complex early CGI while "Torn" used back light composting for most of the visual effects that you saw.
Upload

With some visual effects like the light-cycles and other types that look like the computer was giving the solid illusion of fooling the eye.

Is "Tron" in 65mm?
http://www.in70mm.com/newsletter/2000/60/tron/tron.htm

Like the man says, there's no problems, only solutions....

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4937
Whatever happened to this poll?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4765
not sure, but i dont think it was ahead of its time, it was right on time

Gold Member

Post Number: 5050
I say good concept...ahead of its time.

Bronze Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 88
Wow, I don't think English is Andy's first language.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5356
Why is that?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5120
^^Ditto

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 1352
LOL

First language.

No, but I have improved slightly, over the coming time.

Yeah I still think "TRON" is ahead of its time, and the 70mm Dolby Stereo film mix, with its split-surrounds, and artistic placement of the sound images, where "Michael Minkler" as shown his skills to there fullest, just gets better over the years.

Take "Black Hawk Down" for example or "Chicago" both of which have received the academy award for best achievement in sound.

He also worked with his farther, on "STAR WARS" where they created the "BABY BOOM?"

Gold Member

Post Number: 5903
He can speak it well my friends.

Writing...that's another matter.

Still waiting on the improvement Ashley:-)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5612
If it where ahead of its time, we would not be where we are today, if it came out 5 years later, we would be 5 years behind.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us