Im screwed..

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 629
Well i built my box yesterday and put it in and sounds like a dieing cow. im pretty pissed right now. now i have to take it out and beat the hell out of it so i can get my subs out. (its in this http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/jcoleman134/06.png)

Im not saying its the box design but i probably built it wrong somewhere. i guess thats what i get for playing around with big subs in a little car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 630
uhh woops didnt realize i was in the for sale section.....

ignore this lmao.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17088
So how did it sound so poorly? Lack of bass? Improper tuning? Are you sure your amp settings were correct? Did someone design the box for you? I'd hate to see you tear it down when it could be a simple settings fix.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3908
It looks like Pete from Toxic Bass designed the enclosure. Dude is like an enclosure scientist lol.

Jack, I would build another enclosure and see how it does. I know it will be a pita and cost money but its something you are probably going to have to do. If it doesnt sound right then, contact Pete and see whats up.

Sorry about your disappointment.

Silver Member

Post Number: 631
thanks guys, i know i screwed up somewhere building it. and yeah it was a design from Pete. it wasn't the design just bad building. i think having home depot cut the wood didn't help either lmao. its ok though, i'm going to be building something different because im probably switching cars.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17096
Yeah I would use them to make VERY rough cuts only. Having a truck helps too. I've been using power tools for over 20 years and it burns me every time some pimple faced dweeb tells me that I'm not qualified to operate their panel saw. Protected under their insurance no but certainly more qualified than some teenager who was shown a 10 minute training video and then given an apron.

Good luck on your next box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 632
Haha yeah i know what your saying. But i dont have a truck nor a house to work at. or i'd love to make my own cuts so i know they were at the exact measurments i want. But hey, what can i do. And thanks man.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7737
Looks like a bandpass box...... which is probably why it sounds like crap.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8254
"Looks like a bandpass box...... which is probably why it sounds like crap."

Can you explain to the class as to why bandpass boxes sound like crap?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3931
I was looking forward to an educational answer:-(

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6034
ms is a f*cking idiot.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd