D@mn "for sale F/S" threads!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 682
Listen guys, this crap needs to stop.

If you have something you'd like to sell, that's awesome, but post it in the "for sale" section.

And you who work at shops, come on....this forum isn't your personal sales tool.

People ask, "what sub should i get?", or "is this a good product".....and I see replies "I have this for sale", or "we're having a huge sale on such and such".....MY LORD!!!!, STOP IT!!!!

By doing this we lose our integrity and our opinions become less viable because who's to know whether or not we're giving an honest review or just attempting to peddle our own product.

So please, do not post F/S threads or post replies with sale info in the subwoofer section.
Use the appropriate section.
Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5575
but no one ever goes to the f/s section cause it sucks. never bumps up and stuff gets lost in the archive.

btw, didn't you start a thread in the sub section a few months back for dd subs? telling people to email you for prices? i remember that one. so what's any different between you doing it or others?

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 637
who cares

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 1979
personaly i dont mid is perople ask what kinda sub to get and someone offers a sub that they have. i like seeing peoples work too. but as for people posting non-audio related stuff thats kidna dumb. JMO

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4606
If you want a moderated forum go join caraudio.com

Silver Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 128
who cares if ppl sell in here...., the subwoofers section is the most popular. lol

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11772
I think EVERYONE here has SOMETHING they'd like to pass on. As long as it's not spam or a scammer......

The forum is loaded with it tho I agree. This time of year explains some of it. College guys, those looking for $$ to buy xmas gifts, ect....

It's all about traffic. This section is #1 in that area on E. Reminds me of my trip to Niagra falls. Billboards and signs EVERYWHERE. I couldn't get a pic of the natural wonder without it in the pic.

Then again I have picked up some good stuff at a steal here.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6801
I don't mind F/S threads, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. So far, it's been people needing money badly.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 683
If everybody used the "For Sale" section when selling things people would use it.

The reason no one goes there is because everyone uses random sections of the forum to sell things.

And to reply to your question about my offering a group buy a few months ago, yes I had started a thread, I retracted the offer soon after posting it realizing it wasn't appropriate.

Do me a favor and skim down through the subwoofer section to the archives and count how many threads are F/S oriented.
If you were to go through the others you'd find many that have replies to those who were only asking if a product was good, instead of honest answers you'll see the replies telling them they should buy something from them, or that the store/site they work at is having a sale on something different.
This place is becoming spam central.

If everybody started to use the for sale portion of our forum it would be frequented more often.

thank you

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7299
dude hes tripping and hes not even here

j/p but seriously

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3182
personally, I dont mind ads, heck look to the left, right and up top, And that annoying guy with the armband mp3 player jumps down all the time making me click the ad sometimes. Even in the post now, Speaker, amp, subwoofer, are all clickable links now. If anything, ppl should atleast say in the title what they are selling, so as not to read a for sale ad for a used mouth retainer, or Scoopy Doo Gia-pet or some other un-related car audio stuff. But it ealy dosent bother me one way or the other.
On a side not, sometimes when googeling something, like " Diamond hex for sale" a listing from here is usually in the top ten.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4306
the f/s threads of the subwoofers section is just like the commercials between the main programming

you can choose to watch or change the channel :-)

just my opinion..

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3185
Kinda OT, but anyone interested in a VR3 EQ? I believe its a 7 band. $15 shipped.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1132
^^^LMAO MARC
I really dont mind the for sale threads. It keeps everything in one place so i don't have to go look in another section or miss a sale.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 101
^^^^LMAO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11774
Deal Marc.

Pm me.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11775

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 210
It makes me laugh cause i remember back then everyone was crying they want a off topic section ect... and rarely some one posts over there. The sub section is filled with OT posts. No wonder admin doesn't give a f^ck about what we say because he gave us what everyone wanted and no ones gives a f^ck.....

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 294
f/s are the lifeblood of this forum. everyone is looking to up/downgrade somethin.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4307
well its the admins fault..

if they lived up to moderating like they are suppose to all OT/FS threads would be moved to the correct section.. people would eventually get tired of their threads disappearing and post in the correct areas..

until then nothing will change

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 1984
i dont mind it the way it is now though. its convenient everythings in one section

Gold Member

Post Number: 6803
You can't blame the admin. What makes this place great is, the FREEDOM. If you want to see what it's like to be heavily moderated/filtered, go try some of msn/private chat sites. You say azz/beeotch and boom, you're locked out.
So far, most people on here have been respectful of others, even during some heated arguments.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11776
^^^True dat lol.

Remember when some of us bombed the CC forum lolol? Responses accurately reviewing products CC sells were deleted within minutes because it jepordized their sales. Readers were left with nothing but most of the crap they sell. THAT'S not an education, (what a forum is supposed to be) but a controlled selling tool.

We do need mods here, only to handle those posting p0rn, spam, and anything degrading to the forum.

But that is ANOTHER story.......

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1134
lol @ Paul ironically hatin' on people that post p0rn

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11780
Oh I don't hate it son lol.

I'm a dirty old man lolol!

Just doesn't belong in here ya know?

If I want p0rn I know where to get it. To see a chick's azz in a "what sub to run off a certain amp" thread is inappropriate.

Just my $.02.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6255
Zac, I used to say the same thing lol but nobody would budge so I said Fu*k it and made a F/S thread of my own here.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7639
Who the f-ck cares? Its Ecoustics for crying out loud. The Admin comes what once a week? Forum goes down once a week at the most opportune posting times.

Our For Sale area is a joke. Personally, I dont remember the last time I checked it. As for the OT section, I check that everytime I come on here. Only about 10 of us do.

Part of Ecoustics is being able to do whatever the hell you want and know nothing can be done.

This thread is just like another for sale thread.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 16136
sorry zac. i'll try to keep it in the for sale section or on caraudio.com.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6809
You see, some sellers might want to sell their items to people they've talked to or have known for awhile. In the OT/F/S area, you have no idea who they are. Probably the main reason why it's posted under subs.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11784
For the most part I can trust who I sell to/buy from here. Why? Cause they have a rep. When I post something for sale in the F/S section I have no clue as to their credit cause they can be from anywhere. Your rep here (sub section) is vital to me trusting you. That has only burned me once. I've learned from that.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 739
who cares...everyone goes to the sub section for many reasons. for sale threads, ot subjects, subs, amps and random sh!t should be ok as long as everyone is cool with it. i would rather go to one section than go to many. and it seems like basically everyone so far feels the same. i dont understand why it would basically bother anyone. this thread seems to be started cause kevin holden posted in another guys thread who was looking for some good budget subs and kevin said for the guy to mail him and they could talk. i have no problem with this and dont see why anyone else would. i mean if i said that i wanted the best bang for my buck and all i had to spend on subs was 300 and kevin hit me up with a good deal then he helped me out in my search for subs..so waht's the problem. i dont understand how it can hurt someoen's feelings or get on their nerves just cause the forum is getting full of for sale threads.

and didnt someone post above that the origional poster had posted a forsale thread for some dd's in the sub section not long ago......so why is he b#tching!!!

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 740
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1520
I really find it funny that you're p!ssed b/c the sub section is full of threads that belong in the FS section.... Is this the sub section? Yes. Is this thread related to subs? No. Do we have an off topic section? Yes... Catch my drift? You're adding to the "clutter" that you're b!tching about.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5699
Yea...it is kinda sad that the subwoofer section has become a catch-all. It would be nice to have alil more separation on this forum, but Ecoustics is what it is.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2393
Personally i wish people would post in the appropriate sections but it'll never really happen without mods to boot threads in the wrong section.

"It makes me laugh cause i remember back then everyone was crying they want a off topic section ect... and rarely some one posts over there."

Me, Paul Larrea, Yanks Fan, Chad Lee, Brad Warren, Chauncey Brown, LK, Naledge, Phil, Reece Brassler and others post in the OT section pretty much daily. We always have debates/discussions going on about sports or culture or b!tches or w/e. COME JOIN THE PARTY :-):-)

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 891
lol everythang is posted in the subwoofer section,thats where everybody stays at,and who cares i dont give a sheet what anybody thanks of me,and if this forum is not moderated,then why and the f*uck can we not even say the word g*y thgat is pitiful,that is not even a curse word lol,we should be aloud to cuss to lol,its a free country(freedom of speech)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2395
you, know what i love is, when, people, just type out mad crazy sh!t without any puncuation other than like, four hundred commas, like WTF im not saying my grammar is perfect, but, , , , , would it kill you to even TRY to construct sentences with actual, beginnings and endings, it might be a lot easier to read and understand than, a run on piece of sh!t with m,i,s,p,l,a,c,e,d, overused commas

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4616
Well damn this thread took off

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 685
Most of you are missing the point entirely.
A few of you hit the nail on the head.

There's two main points here...

First off, the reason nobody frequents the F/S section, and this is the ONLY reason, its because nobody posts in there. If EVERY F/S thread was placed in that section it would not only "de-clutter" the forum it would increase the chances for the seller to make a sale. If everyone knew the place to buy something was in a particular section they would go there instead of having to skim through multiple sections and threads trying to find an item.
The chances of making a sale improve as traffic increases in that section.

Secondly, and this was my primary concern/gripe....
At one time, this forum was a place where a newbie or veteran could discuss, debate, praise, degrade, educate, or what have you...and that style of forum attracted members who have higher knowledge of car audio and equally attracted newb's who knew little but wanted to learn more about car audio.
Thats a great recipe for interesting threads and the growth of car audio as a whole.

Somebody mentioned my being upset about Kevin Holden offering some sale they were having for subs that werent asked about. The guy was looking for an opinion on some other brand, did this bother me personally?, absolutely not.
However, and this is only my opinion, but when this happens, the newbie is going to second guess our intentions...I know would be asking myself..."is this person telling me that brand x isn't good because they want me to buy brand y because they're selling it or are they saying that because it really is better?"....that's kind of where I'm going with this. Theres different scenarios that could better describe how this can adversely affect our forum but i'm sure you guys catch the point.

When somebody asks if this or that product is good, and the reply to that question is someone telling them to buy something from them...it defeats the purpose of the forum.

This place is to learn and share ideas, review product good or bad, share information, even stories non car audio related.
Who cares what we talk about, I dont mind, if a thread says "cowboys win", i chose not to read it, if it says "packers win", i'm all over it. haha.

Listen,
I've read every one of the replies in this thread and a few of you chose to be neutral, others agree, some think it doesnt make a difference, and for me...I think this place can only be as good as we make it.

Many of you have an abundance of knowledge and I'd like to see this place attract more members for you guys to educate. I want to see the 12volt industry grow.

With the way things have been going many of the resident brains have left to post in forums where the members never say things like,

"its only ecoustics who gives a sh!t"

...well, I do.

Someone mentioned why do I care "because this guy is never here". Well hey buddy look at my sig, I used to be on every day answering all the questions I could. I've been here longer than any of you, not saying that makes me any better, just saying I really care about this forum.
I can have any opinion I want. I'm not trying to point fingers at anybody, I'm not sayin we shouldn't have off topic conversations. But I am saying we should only buy and sell in the F/S portion of our forum.

I like Ecoustics, and I'd like to see it return to
what it once was, a place to learn an share cool ideas, projects, and yada yada.
Maybe even see Glass, Jonathan, and Mikechek9 again.......

Thank you for reading.

Silver Member

Post Number: 896
the one who started it is prolly thankin,damn

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 585
Quote,
Isaac:
You see, some sellers might want to sell their items to people they've talked to or have known for awhile. In the OT/F/S area, you have no idea who they are. Probably the main reason why it's posted under subs.

Our names are the same in every section, why would think you wouldnt know them if they post it in a different section? Their name doesn't change.

Silver Member

Post Number: 900
"you, know what i love is, when, people, just type out mad crazy sh!t without any puncuation other than like, four hundred commas, like WTF im not saying my grammar is perfect, but, , , , , would it kill you to even TRY to construct sentences with actual, beginnings and endings, it might be a lot easier to read and understand than, a run on piece of sh!t with m,i,s,p,l,a,c,e,d, overused commas"

i aint in school no more,i havent really thought about it

Gold Member

Post Number: 2397
Wasn't trying to aim that rant at you chris. Don't mind me, i'm in a goofy mood. On that note...Goodnight.

Silver Member

Post Number: 901
well i dont make whole sentences ever on here,really.night

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2205
i agree with you zac, the FS is annoying...unless its something im actually interested in...hah.

"Maybe even see Glass, Jonathan, and Mikechek9 again......."

doubtful. they, like almost all of the pre 2004-2005 guys are tired are hearing the same questions over and over again. but it was a much better forum with them on here. in my opinion the forum has gone really downhill on people who actually know the answers to any type of detailed questions.

also zac do you have an AIM?

Silver Member

Post Number: 904
"in my opinion the forum has gone really downhill on people who actually know the answers to any type of detailed questions. "

thats why they are so many ot post

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Turtles have four legs

Post Number: 3531
I know what your saying Zac. I around at that time. I come back a year later and it just went wild. The good ole days where you can find posts that were just pure knowledge.

Silver Member

Post Number: 908
"I come back a year later and it just went wild. The good ole days where you can find posts that were just pure knowledge."

well then the ppl that have this knowledge start posting it everywhere,if asked or not just give a random thread,couldnt hurt,somebody might learn somethang.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4617
I would argue that the forum is better now than back when you could post without being registered.

I actually came to this forum in 2004 and didn't stick around. The amount of stupid posts by anonymous people was ridiculous.

I came back later and I'm still here...........

Gold Member

Post Number: 6820
"Our names are the same in every section, why would think you wouldnt know them if they post it in a different section? Their name doesn't change."

You're missing the point. People from Home Audio section that you've never seen/talked with could be selling things with bad history. If the buyer always "hung" around the subwoofer section, he/she would never know and could easily get ripped off. This is probably the main reason why people prefer to post in areas where they're familiar with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us