Bose vs. Klipsch

Bronze Member
Username: Dscrobe

Reading, PA USA

Post Number: 86
I purchased the Klipsch Groove PM20 multimedia 2.0 speakers. However, when I heard the Bose Companion 2 (this is a 2.0 system as well) at a visit to one of their stores, they sounded even greater than the Klipsch's. I had them put side by side at home and noticed the following. The Klipsch's provides for bass control, which Bose doesn't have. The Klipsch's had more base. However, when I asked myself which played so that I can truly appreciate the entire sound of the song I was playing, I chose Bose. Can't explain it, but the Bose just sounded more natural. I have noticed that Bose does not like to produce their specs and graphs. I got a very lengthy response from them when I approached them about it.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14630
That is the only thing that matters, man.

Username: Duke_19007

Post Number: 6
I agree daniel...Bose is the best...their philosphy is that people should eveluate the performance of speakers, by the way it sound, not based upon any arbitiary numbers.....well you can always take two different speakers with two different brands with same specs...but then, Why they sound different at same volumes..? So our ears are the best judge.....Bose Companion 2 are awsome..and if the portibility is not the requirement...Bose Companion 3 ROCKS....

Bronze Member
Username: Dscrobe

Reading, PA USA

Post Number: 90
Unfortunately, the speakers are for office setting and I think coworkers were getting annoyed at the bass. There is no bass control to adjust. So, I went with the Klipsch, which has a bass control.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1155
bose speakers blow for the most part, but I do like the offerings they have for computers

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 12147
honestly, after over 20 years in the audio industry I can tell you bose and klipsch are pretty must garbage, that sell based on name recognition.

If you wnt some quality PC speakers, look at Logitech's higher end stuff. It's not so bad for PC speakers, although I still like my Martin Logans better :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us