Klipsch Promedia 5.1 and electrical spike???

Username: Stevarian

Post Number: 1
Hi, I am new here, and have read several threads, and it appears to be a great forum.

I have a set of Klipsch Promedia 5.1 speakers that I have had for about 1.5 years, and I love them. We recently had some severe thunderstorms in my area (Spokane Washington), and now it appears my Promedias are toast.

I had everything plugged into a pretty hefty surge protector. My computer and monitor and printer are all fine, but the speakers won't turn on at all.

Does anyone know if they are just more susceptible to spikes? Do they have user replaceable fuses? Could it be just the control tower, or something inside the subwoofer?

If anyone has any experience with this, or suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thank you!

Steve

Username: Edwarl

Melbourne, Victoria Australia.

Post Number: 4
Hi Steve. I - perhaps wrongly - expect that the pairs of leads to the speakers would go direct to at least one speaker voice coil in each enclosure.
This would mean that a simple continuity meter or other device e.g. battery/globe and leads should indicate if the voice coil/s are "toasted" or O.K. You should get a "Click" in them when testing for continuity. Or carefully connect them up to some other amp outlet.
I could be 100% wrong as they may be a very different type of speaker/transducer function. Good luck. Laurie.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us