Planning to buy decent speakers...

Username: Cpmame

Post Number: 1
I am looking for a decent 2.1 speaker for music and DVD playback. For those who have experience which of the following is a better choice?

Logitech Z-2300 THX 2.1
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2,CONTENTID=9372

Swans T-120 2.1
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=36-136-103&depa=0

Highly appreciated

Anonymous

logitech, or better value, the cyber acoustics performance series, specas like that should be THX certified...

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 210
I happen to think logitech blows, my friend just got a logitech speaker set that came wit 2 mids/tweaks and a sub. it sound very nice at low volumes when u turn it up u can even tell there is a sub. You want some badazz bass look into getting a car sub hooked up to ur comp through an amp.

Anonymous

Of the two you mention, Logitech will beat Swan hands down.

Ranjeet Rain
http://www.ranjeetrain.com/

WindsorFox
Unregistered guest
[quote]Of the two you mention, Logitech will beat Swan hands down.

Ranjeet Rain
http://www.ranjeetrain.com/[/quote]

ROFL!! You are kidding right? If you compared Swan to anything Logitech and think Logitech wins hands down, you must be only looking for something with boooomy bass and poor range coverage. Logitechs are okay for pure gaming. Swan isn't boomy it's accurate, not necessarily the best for gaming. You do know the background behind both companies, right? Logitech is a computer periferal maker that jumped into speakers for computers a few years ago. Swan is a long time manufacturer of very high end speakers (their flagship is about $60k each) which used their existing knowledge and technology to make one of the best sounding and smoothest sets of speakers available for a computer. Oh, and if engineering something, you would be far better using a home audio sub like a Sunfire, Paradigm, Mirage or B&W or such rather than mobile. You will have a hard time powering mobile stuff with enough amperage unless you plan to have a battery or two and a high power 12V supply with your cabinet. I've seen home audio pwered with 12V batteries before, it sounded clean, but it was a real pain.

Ranjeet
Unregistered guest
WindsorFox,

The question was not "Which is a better manufacturer of the two, Swan or Logitech?". It was a comparison of products and not manufacturers.

If you think that refurbished set being sold by newegg were to beat the Logitech Z-2300, you had better go and hear them out.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1211
Bose MediaMate kick total butt. Mine have lasted for about seven years now minus the cracked volume/mix knobs. The sound is excellent, especially at moderate volume levels, once you turn them up-like any Bose speaker or even computer speaker-they don't sound that great. But still beat "swan" and logitech.

A cheap and better solution is to just hook it up to your home A/V receiver.

thewhippingboy
Unregistered guest
bose sucks. go with anything else. no bose.

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html#intro

and that's why no go with bose.

the swans are great and totally beat the logitech speakers in treble and midrange, but that's not to say the logitechs are poor performers in those fields. if it's thumpin bass you're looking, however, the logitechs are your speakers because of the sub.

and my opinion about the cyber acoustics is that they sound quite comparable to the logitechs, but they won't last nearly as long due to poor construction.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1452
Was I talking home theater? No, I wasn't. I was talking computer speakers. Those are hardly related. I was comparing only the MediaMate speakers to awful brands like Logitech and Swan. I never said anything about their Wave Radio, Acoustimass systems etc. which are all horrid.

The MediaMate's sound is better than Harman/Kardon, JBL, and Yamaha computer speakers. That's all Bose is good for anyway: computer speakers.

If you want "thumpin bass" or even nice treble/midrange, get a seperate A/V receiver. Ultimately, computer speakers are exceptionally bad.

KBear
Unregistered guest
I'm buying a pair of Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers tomorrow. I haven't heard them yet but I've read only good things about them. I want to replace the mediocre Dell 2.1s that came with my PC, with a good pair of speakers that can play loud without straining the speakers and having the sound suffer. All the reviews I have read on the Klipsch's speak to their ability to play very loud with very good sound quality. The Dell system is 30 watts total, while the Klipsch's are rated 200 watts (max) total.

Here's a link:

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=103

Silver Member
Username: Fps_dean

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 146
Suggestion:

Go onto www.ebay.com and find a 70s or early 80s receiver for under $100. Then find some Boston Acoustics A60s, A70s, or A100s and buy some wire and buy a 1/8" to RCA cable and you will have the best PC sound of anyone you know!

Silver Member
Username: Fps_dean

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 147
And I second no bose anything, ever. For what they charge you can buy something ten times better for less than half the cost.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2261

quote:

And I second no bose anything, ever.

Only if you're unintelligent enough to buy Bose brand new.

Bronze Member
Username: Hammondrckr

Post Number: 15
bose, mediocre at best, granted ive heard worse, but ive also heard MUCH beter for a fraction of the cost. Bose is just over rated, computer speakers, home speakers, surround, its all just ok.

~alan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us