Does anyone on this board actualy know anything about car audio?

Josh
Well?

wynn
I'm with you, people on this board like to dis products that they don't know about.

AdamG4453
I havent read much on here. But I research a lot of the car audio stuff. I don't like to put down any brand (cept jensen *cough* and sony *cough*). Every product has its quality, i believe its all in what you want to listen to and BUILD! But yea people should know their stuff before they try to give advise. Cant Stand people who think they know stuff (but love to put em in place when they say something stupid)

Have FUN!

bdm
I agree with you on that except your following in there steps.Sony makes a great 1200 mono amp and some Jensens are good for vocal if you have a good deck and crossovers.

Anonymous
since all off you seem to seperate your selves from the rest...saying you know a lot about everything...or at least im assuming you do....what do you all suggest would be a bad as$ system in a car...where money aint a big thing....no custom stuff....a box, amp, amp kit, stereo, fuse kit, only.

bdm
Define a bad as$ system. SPL or bass and sound quality.

brandon
well if you know so much tell me if a 4 channel 1000 watt legasy amp with 2 12" ORION subs both with Duel Voice Coils, will sound ok or will it suck?? i am just asking because i cant get anyone else to answer me

bdm
Sorry but I personaly think that legasy is realy weak. Orion subs are pretty good though. I have herd some Orions that put out alot off bass. The legasy amps in my opinion have alot of distortion and they are realy over rated. I also don't realy like four channel amps. There more for powering side door speakers or back speakers. Get a good amp and I think you will be in alot better shape.

brandon
I dont want to spen too much on this system and i was wondering what would be a goot amp for @ $150-200 or would it be better to go w/ 2 amps and bridge them? thankz

bdm
I would actualy check out the sony explode 1200 mono amp. It is 1 ohm stable and will push 1000watts at one ohm. I had it running at one ohm with four polk 12'' gnxs and it was awsome. I'm not sure how much it is going for right now but I would check on e-bay. I'm actualy selling mine because I just bought the MTX 81000d. The MTX pushes 1500watts at 2 ohms but isn't 1 ohm stable so I'm going to buy 4 alpine type r subs. If you can't find that sony cheep you could always e-mail me at aaron_n_nik@yahoo.com. I'm selling mine for $200 but it would cost extra for shipping. If your interested e-mail me. Well I hoped I helped, sorry if I didn't.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us