Amp help!

Username: Ukw10

Post Number: 29
I have 2Subwoofer that is 200w RMS and 4 ohm. Is it possible to hook up 2 subwoofer in 2ohm into 170W Bridged RMS to power both of my speaker.

Username: Ernsts5

Post Number: 1
I need help i have just wired my viper 1500 watt amp to 2 12" MTX subs i used 4 guage power and ground ran them away from one another as well as the r.c.a.'s im getting feed back (whining) at low volumes or during no playback(when i eject a cd) when car is not running i have no whining.I grounded the amp to the frame and ran power from the battery.What do i need to do to stop the whining.Please help!

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 513
Newb, you can wire both subs to a mono amp, but not to a stereo amp that's bridged.
when a 2 channel amp is bridged, it sees half of the actual load, so a 4 Ohm load on a bridged amp, looks like 2 Ohms tothe amplifier.

Robert, check the ground point for your radio itself. the ehad unit can introduce noise as well.

Anonymous

Please can somebody help me?
I have 4 Macrom synthesis1000 evolution amps and my problem is the amps can adjusted in an independent way. I have big diffrence in the channels. The left channel have more power which the right channel have not. I mean the differnce between left and right is about 3dB and it is a big difference. When I adjust the left channel about 11 o'clock and the right channel about 2 o'clock then I have the same power. All my 4 amps have exactly the same problems which the left channe have more power and right channel have less power. This amps coust $1500 each and are very expensive. Now, Macrom say it is normal because into the pre-amp section there is a inverter circuit between channels, this circuit allows the mono configuration into the output speakers which I have very difficult to believe. Do you think they Tell truth?

Post Number: 32
GlassWolf, so I can wire 2 4ohm subwoofer to mono amp at 2ohm right?? IF I have mono 200W at 4ohm amplifier and wire 2 subs(4ohm 200W RMS) at 2ohm, do I have enough power to drive my subwoofers??

Username: Motoman22

Post Number: 49
Anynomous, if I understand your problem (which is a little difficult) you should double-check your wiring. You might have some phase issues. Make sure the + and - is consistent from radio to speaker through every connection on every component.

Not sure about this particular brand but they do tell the truth. Many amps have built in devices that will keep both speakers playing evenly regardless of your fader or balance adjustments. Most amps also have an option to turn this feature off..

Post Number: 47
if I wire 2 subwoofer with 2ohm load on to amp that has two channel, for this setting, does my amps other channel not connecting to anything, right??

Post Number: 48
if I wire 2 subwoofer with 2ohm load on to amp that has two channel, for this setting, does my amps other channel not connecting to anything, right??

Username: Hydro

Post Number: 58
Will u please Restate what you said?

Post Number: 50
If I wire 2 subwoofer by parallel wiring to get 2ohm load, I only need to use one channel on amp right?? I have 2 channel amp.

Username: Hydro

Post Number: 61
Yea If u wired it correctly then u should just have one pair of negative and positive wires runnin to ur amplifier.You might wanna check to see if ur amp is 2 ohm stable when bridged if it is it will say on the Specs sheet that comes with ur amp but if its not it will fry ur amp.The good thing about being bridged is more output from ur amplifier and always remember that 2 Dual 4 ohm subs make a 1 ohm load in Parallel and 2 Single 4 ohm subs make a 2 ohm load in parallel.

Post Number: 622
do NOT bridge a stereo amplifier, then place a 2 Ohm load on that amp.
Most amps are only rated to accept 4 Ohms when bridged, and the amp will go into thermal overload with 2 Ohms.

you need to buy a mono sub amp if you run two 4 Ohm subs in parallel

Anonymous

I have an power acoustic 2 channel 800 w amp. Right now i only have one speaker bridged into it. I cant get any sound to come from it though. I've tried to hook up my speaker to just the left, or right, and everything. Theres also a protection light that comes on everytime i turn my stereo on. Is that supposed to be like that? ive checked all my wires, rca cables, and even my fuses. Any help would be appreciated..

Post Number: 633
protection indicates the amp is either in thermal protection from too low of a load, or the amp is dead.

consider a better (decent) amplifier as a replacement possibly.

Anonymous

how do i get the load higher?

Post Number: 651
the speaker needs to be 4 Ohms or higher.
If it isn't, replace the sub with one that is, or add a second sub in series.

Mad
Unregistered guest
I have 2x 10" vibe subs which are 750 watts rms each. Can anyone suggest what amp I should use, I heard that a 600w Alpine MRD M300 would be powerful enough is this true?

stupidamps
Unregistered guest
I also have to guages that say power output... neither of them move no matter what? does that mean the amp is dead?

Echo Romeo
Unregistered guest
i have to Kicker L5's. I have one Kenwood 600 Watt amp and one MTX 600 Watt amp. How do i connect these two amps to get the subs to hit the hardest? any help would be appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I bought a 1600 watt amp and 2 800 watt subs i re-hooked all the wires in my car with a 4 guage wiring kit when i hooked up the subs to the amp there was a small vibration in the subs there is also a high input in my amp and when i connect the high input to my subs there is a loud vibrating. I dont know if i have wires are connected wrong or if the amp isnt working. any help would be appreciated.

Unregistered guest
http://www.electronic4me.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=381 - these are the subs i'd like to get....but i have no idea what amp to buy...if anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us