PD-175 Phoenix Digital

Username: Maxkilla

Post Number: 6
What do you think of this CAR Alarm System ?

Features:
o Long Range FM System (Up to 3000ft.)
o Car/Alarm Status LCD Display on Remote
o Visual and Audio Alert on Remote
o Dual zone Monitoring Shock Sensor
o Auto-Lock/Unlock
o Anti Car-Jacking System
o Doors/Trunk/Hood Sensors
o Remote Engine Start
o Auto Re-Locking
o Trunk Release by Remote
o Remote Easy Key-Lock
o Current Sensing Circuit
o Status Led
o Silent ARM/Disarm
o Flashing Headlights
o 127db Siern
o Remote Panic
o Sensor Bypass by Remote

Is it Worth $119

And is it Crackable ?>?>>??

Unregistered guest
This is great if u know how to install it as it has no tach input. So I loved everything but i

can not use it

till the following problems is fixed. I need to find one wire in the car which becomes +12V once the car is started to use in the switch 7B of this PD-175 starter.so it doesnt keep on attempting to start it after 10 seconds...continuously. now my technician did or could not find it if someone knows email me. (fzs0@yahoo.com). The solution recomended by the PD-175 manual is vague and is mentioned below.

> > Dear CMT
> >
> > I have bought a Phoenix PD-175 from you, a month ago, 2 way, vehicle
> remote starter system.
> >
> > Is there a technical support contact for this company.
> >
> > The box i bought from you has no information on any website or telephone
> or email to contact for support.
> >
> > The van it was installed is mercury villager 1998 which is same as
Nissan
> Quest 1998.
> >
> > The problem is engine is started successfuly but the starting motor
still
> cranks every 10 seconds later.
> >
> > The solution recomended is to verify oil sensor wire which the
technician
> doesnt know where it is. To take it from dashboard is impossible and heavy
> expense to remove the dashboard. So please tell how to use another wire
form
> ignition or coil or tach or any other source.
> >
> > Basically i can not use the item till this problem is resolved.
> >
> > Kind Regards
> >

JOE SHMO
Unregistered guest
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, WHAT I DID WAS HOOKED UP A WIRE RIGHT TO WERE THE OIL LIGHT BULB TURNS ON IN THE DASHBOARD. JUST MAKE SURE TO USE THE CORRECT SIDE OF THE BULB.

Username: Maxkilla

Post Number: 20
i just bought this item and next week i'll install it with the help of my technician. What is the problem of this Alarm and what must i tell my technician to do ?? Is it a problem of the engine remote start ?

Username: Romero1150

Post Number: 1
i've had this alarm for about a month now and i don't know if its malfunctioning or if they installed it wrong, because my car would start sometimes and won't others. i took it to the car dealer cuz i thought it was a car problem but they said the alarm is interfearing with my fuel distribution any one have similar problems.

Anonymous

Did anyone find a number where I can find Phoenix Digital. I want to find an authorized dealer and have someone else install it.

Andrew M.
Unregistered guest
Omar....i had a similar problem but my car starts when the alarm is set and it does not when the alarm is deactivated. I do have a problem with my my alarm though. My car doors are not locking when i set the alarm but they do unlock when i deactivate the alarm. Any suggestions or anyone have a similar problem?

spanky
Unregistered guest
phoenix digital got malfunctions an yes your doors should be locking an no your car engine shouldnt be cranking who hook your alarm up for da remote start, hooked it up wrong email me at @aol.com if u need help with you alarm, i got mine hooked up fine, so far for da past 3 months no problems

Trinity
Unregistered guest
Spanky, or anyone else, I've got a problem with my phoenix digital pd-175, the alarm keeps auto alarming itself, and i can't get it to stop, so i'm driving down the road and the alarm goes off. Can you think of anything i can do? We've tried many things, email trinity4599@hotmail.com... thanks

Username: Currly1609

i just got the phoenix digital PD-175, and everything was installed professional. they cant seem to make the engine start for an 94 Acura Legend non GS. can anyone help me out to see what i can do to fix this problem. is there a way i can make the engine start.

and another thing i bought a Window Module (roll up the window when arming the car). they say there are no extra channel to make it work. so is there any other way i can work around it to get it to work.

please help me, thank you

Unregistered guest
Hi
i was about to order the PHOENIX DIGITAL PD-175 alarm but now i changed my mind cause i read alot of problems on this forum , the thing that bugged me most is that the Roll up window doesnt work on that alarm caz there is no free channels .

i was thinking to buy the alpine SEC-100s , its only $98 ( as much as the Phoenix) , what do u think ? and i guess its possible to hook up a GSM dialer from http://expert-automations.com/ . any help ?

thx

Unregistered guest
I have a 98 dodge Ram p/u my installer is having probs with my Phoenix digital PD-175 remote start & alarm. The alarm is working but cant get remote start to work .when you start the truck with remote it only would star about 1 in 6 trys properly. once it would start then about 4-5 sec. later it would try to start agin causing the starter to grind. anyone have any HELP or contact info on this system? If anyone can help contact sorber55@netzero.net Thanks

Unregistered guest
I also have the PD-175 alarm. I bought mine from a web site. My problem is this: everytime I disarm my alarm, it waits 40 seconds or so and re-arms itself and locks the doors. Is there anyways to disable this feature? I had my alarm installed by some shop in town. The tech guy said that there should be some way to program the alarm. Any help ??
~Rex

Username: Sorber55

Hamilton, Ohio Butler

Yeah I think I read that it should do that unless you open a door within that 40 sec. check it out and see!

Username: Sorber55

Hamilton, Ohio Butler

Post Number: 2
Here is a Tech. support # I found (323)588-8162 ask for Victor. Maybe this can help someone out my installer spoke to him today and I have a appointment this sat. to try and work the bugs out let you know how it works out!

Username: Mikej9881

joe shmo how do i determine which side of the oil light bulb to hook up the red wire from the pd 175. i checked mine and on one side its hot when key is in on position and when engine is running.the other is nothing well when the bulb is out. is this the proper side to connect it?

Unregistered guest
What about paging function, it's works in long range?, tell me about it.

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Phoenix Digital PD 175, and my problem is that i don't have ground in the killer switch (yellow wire) to make the window roll up module work.
Anybody has any idea how to make it work?
Thank you

Unregistered guest
Hey guys, i got my pd-175 installed 2day and the only problems are that they remote start cranks when u try to start and it actually doesnt start and there is no beep! the alarm doesnt sound...i had it professionally installed ...please help!...it was a 98 blazer email me please @ smurfieg@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
ok I bought a pd-175 and happened to loose the book in the process. I am trying to install it in a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan. can anybody give any info as to how to do this. Not worried about the auto start, just want the door locks and starter kill. Any help appreciated.

Unregistered guest
hey, i got PD-175 a couple of days ago, and im trying to install myself. i got wiring schematics for my truck, but the installation book for the alarm sux @$$, does anybody got any ideas where to get better installation directions? any help is appreciated email me at k_ryken24@hotmail.com, thanks

Cyberseye Tech,
Unregistered guest
man i jus had bought this alarm and from yall post man i think i made a mistake this sucks so yall say the remote start still starts after 10 sec. tell me if i mad a mistake..

Anonymous

I just installed this alarm.. It's very similar to other alarm's I've installed..

The wire that needs 12V+ when the car is running can be connected to a wire that comes from the alternator. (in most cases there's 3 wires. 1st large red (to battery), 2nd smaller red some times connected to larger red, and 3rd white/yellow/other has 12V+ output when the engine is runing..) That worked greas (as before).. My problem is that I want to install a microwave/radar proxmiety sensor and I need to feed the seneors (negative when active) output to the shock sensors output.. The problem is that the shock sensor is in the "command unit thing" that also has the status LED's, pager button and antenna.. That harness has 7 wires and I need to find out which one is for the "warn away/aralm wire from the shock sensor.. I can't hook the radar sensor to the door inputs because that sends an open door signal when the car starts (shakes car to start) and that starts the siren and kills the engine.. If anyone knows which wire I need to splice into, it would be of great help to me and some others. :-)

Guardian
Unregistered guest
Hmmm I just brought one of these alarms aswell, think you guys have put me off even before I recieve it..... That will teach me for buying an alarm based on it's remote.
Ahwell will see what happens *8^)

dirty red
Unregistered guest
does anyone have a connection diagram for the pd-175 if so can u send me a copy. plese

Username: Dirty_red

does anyone have a connection diagram for the pd-175 if so can u send me a copy. plese

Username: Redsnk

Malaga, NJ USA

i just had a customer with one of these systems, & i can't find any info on it either. i've been seeing lots of these cheap novelty alarm system/auto start systems...
You guys need to buy some decent stuff!!!
just about every new vehicle requires a few adapters/modules to make these systems work, like the factory anti-theft bypass (chip inside the key) or it will not keep the vehicle running after a few seconds, there are door lock/unlock modules, factory alarm disable modules, & tach sensing modules. some of these new vehicles have systems that work with the computer & use less than 12volts for some of the interfacing.. do yourself a favor & get a brand that has been around, & is going to be around & works well, & something that has more than one tech support guy (speaking good English is important), & a brand that offers these additional adapters. stick with a brand like Crimestopper, Omega, or a DEI brand (like Viper or Hornet to name two). any experienced installer that takes pride in his work is not going to want to install one of these novelty systems. if an auto-start system isn't installed right it could easily cause damage to the vehicle (commonly a starter or flywheel). using the 'tach sense' is almost a must. a tach sense is also what makes the vehicle start consistantly in weather or engine changes. when these cheap flashy remotes break- are you going to be able to replace them- after the company disappears?

here are a few links for better systems:
www.crimerstopper.com
www.onlyremotes.com
www.caralarm.com
www.directed.com

i am in the southern NJ area, if anyone needs installation work. i can also supply these systems & mail them. the better companies will have installation people to refer you to just about anywhere in the USA/Canada.

Unregistered guest
I JUST PURCHASED A 1000 WATT PHOENIX POWER AMP BUT WHAT GAGE 8 OR 4 SHOULD I BE USING FOR INSTALLATION OF THE POWER CABLE AND GROUND????

Unregistered guest
Hello everyone I just got this PD-175 from Overstock.com and I been trying to install it for over 3 days now! Me and my bother who owns is own auto repair shop been working on it I got most of it install'd but I am having Problems with it! I puting this on a 1995 Ford Crown Vic Police it's got power locks/windows I have not try'd to install the remote start part yet I'm having problems with the door locks I tried runing it's off the alarm wires then I was told to use some relay's I installed them and I still can not get the alarm to Lock Or unlock the doors. I can get he remote to open the trunk, turn the turn flashers on and set the alarm off when opening the door when it's Arm'd and that's it! and anyone Help Please E-mail me at Central@kc.rr.com

Anonymous

Hello everyone who is having trouble with your remote starters. I am an experienced remote starter installer and I have one piece of advice for you. Do not buy these cheap knock offs. there are only a few companies even worth looking at and they are:

Viper
DEI
Crimestopper
Ultra Start

My personal favorite for features, ease of use and workmanship are the Ultra Starts. They have been specifically designed by peoploe like myself, the install pros. I have installed nearly 1000 of the Ultra Starts from the basic models to the Remote/ Alarm FM models and they are the easiest and most reliable starters I have ever seen.

Check in your area for a dealer. They are also some of the most reasonably priced systems out there.

Dave

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 49
i have installed quite a few of the Omega brand alarms, and have to say they are honestly not bad. they are no different then any other alarm to install, and they are pretty basic as far as features go.
i got one for my brother one (the Omega K9-Mundial2) as a cheap christmas gift ($39) almost 2 years ago and he's had no problems.
so i would recommend them, and have, to friends and family.

Unregistered guest
i picked up the pd-175 offline not too long ago. I had a tech install it, and after checking it all, i know it is installed right, only one problem: whenever i alarm it, it waits like 10 - 30 seconds then sets itself off, the remote shows that my door is open and it unlocks the doors. I would normally think the door sensor is hooked up wrong, but the alarm does stay armed when i turn the remote starter on. Has anyone encountered this? any ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated. thx

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 66
sounds like you need to chalk this up to "experience" and get a new alarm. everything i've read on here or heard from people is this is a bad alarm. nothing but problems.
although if i do hear or read somewhere anything remotely usefull about these alarms, i will post it here for all to rejoice about.
:-)

Unregistered guest
Hi, I'd kinda like to try one of these, but with so many problems, don't really want to pay retail for one...is anybody here interested in selling there's (with manuals)? If so, please contact me at calebols@triwest.net

Unregistered guest
Yes I have a PD-175 Igot in march and few weeks after I begain to have remote porblems. I was wanting to know where to buy an new remote and also a new communication unit and how to program new remote

Unregistered guest
MY PD-175 workes good I have no porblems with it, But with one remote. I know some about alarms and I know alot of wiring for diffent cars so if you need help I can try to help you. robertgardner75@yahoo.com

Spec
Unregistered guest
My remote shows that my door is open and it unlocks the doors. Any ideas how to reset the main unit? Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Andrew, You have a simple relay problem, your unlock relay was installed improperly or a wire has come loose from the relay harness. Your installer should fix this as it is definitely their fault. If an amateur installed your alarm email me at im90z@yahoo.com and I will tell you how to fix it.

silwon
Unregistered guest
the Phoenix Digital starters are made by ultra start and are probably just like the ultrastart-CRAP, the one-way models work great, but the two way are garbage, i have a shop and went through the trouble of the ultrastart line, the range blows, the transmit/recieve delays are long and the unit is easily confused with multiple button presses. ultrastart will (if you buy enough units) print custom labels on the remotes and packaging for any joe-schmo that wants to "have his own line of starters" I might get some and call them El'bunkos. do you think that will sell?
if they are cheap enough you bet your bung they will. You get what you pay for- spend a little more and get a brand name like astro-start, DEI, Crimestopper, or Autostart.
IF YOU NEED WIRING DIAGRAMS GO TO:
http://www.designtech-intl.com
peace to all ya'll and good luck.
silwon
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us