Factory HU

Username: Newb

Post Number: 44
does anyone know what the typical rms for factory honda/acura 6.5 coaxials speakers r? i was gonna put in a pioneer HU with 30Wx4, just wondering if it might blow the factory speakers...i know the only way to know for sure is to pull out the HU or speakers and check. but just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 490
they are probably rated for about 15 watts, which is fine. That Pioneer's 30W x 4 is a max rating, not RMS.
RMS, it's only about 9 to 11 watts per channel, like all head units with the possible exception of the Alpine Vdrive units with the 10AWG line run straight to the battery.
Those are 27WRMS x 4

Post Number: 45
cool, thx...wow 500 posts lol, good job

Post Number: 48
hey glass have u written any books on audio installation? if not, it would be a great project, u seem good at explaining things to beginners.

Anonymous

is there anything u can do about cd's skippin when the bass hits hard?

Post Number: 500
you can remount the head unit with more damping.. but be careful about heat build up if you use something like foam.

nope haven't written a book, but I have done some FAQ sections and such.

m_60
Unregistered guest
What material do u suggest i use?
and by the way who in your opinon makes the best head units? and one more question i cant understand why my cd player skips w/ only one '12 and then theres ppl w/ 4 15's and there cd's wont skip. whats the best head unit that offers the best anti-skip protection?

Post Number: 508
what's the make and model of the head unit?
it may just be a bad unit, or a bad product.

Eclipse has the best head units in my opinion.
Their higher end models are fantastic, and offer 8V/16V pre-outs, greast anti-skip, very good tuners, and amazingly good CD and DVD features.
They are a bit steep in price though.

for trying to re-mount the head unit I'd fiberglass a new location for it, or try supporting the back of the unit on some open-cell foam like they use for bedroll pads.
That or replace the ehad unit. It sounds like yours has issues.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us